CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Jesse Emers 03-01-2011 07:19 PM

Re: Nik

Still a rough workout and good job nik! That's alot of pulling.

Nik Nichols 03-02-2011 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;909519]Still a rough workout and good job nik! That's alot of pulling.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jesse, it really was alot of pulling.

Nik Nichols 03-02-2011 09:31 AM

10:00 break
30ghds
streches,

that lay on the floor and feet on the wall deep squat

rolled hams on barbell

rotational dislocates.

Nik Nichols 03-02-2011 12:14 PM

Wednesday 110302
Three rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
75 pound Squat snatch, 15 reps
9 Handstand push-ups

time 16:52

snaches not fast but steady, I missed 2 reps, First rep I missed I power snached it, so I didn't count it.

first two round of snaches unbroken, meaning I never let go of the bar. I wasn't fast, I was steady, not exactly touch and go.

last round missed rep 6, it just went forward. Brady said I wasn't setting my back and it psyched me out and I balked at the bar, stared at it then stood up and stared at it then FINALLY I got after it again and finished the last 10 reps

HSPU's hardest part. First round in 3's. Second round 3,2,2,2. Third round 1(fell off wall), 3,3,2.

Scott Jenkins 03-02-2011 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;909829]Wednesday 110302
Three rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
75 pound Squat snatch, 15 reps
9 Handstand push-ups

time 16:52

snaches not fast but steady, I missed 2 reps, First rep I missed I power snached it, so I didn't count it.

first two round of snaches unbroken, meaning I never let go of the bar. I wasn't fast, I was steady, not exactly touch and go.

last round missed rep 6, it just went forward. Brady said I wasn't setting my back and it psyched me out and I balked at the bar, stared at it then stood up and stared at it then FINALLY I got after it again and finished the last 10 reps

HSPU's hardest part. First round in 3's. Second round 3,2,2,2. Third round 1(fell off wall), 3,3,2.[/QUOTE]

Well done Nik you got this done early. Strange doing the hspu's when your breathing so hard I thought and those squat snatches get technical.

Nik Nichols 03-02-2011 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;909888]Well done Nik you got this done early. Strange doing the hspu's when your breathing so hard I thought and those squat snatches get technical.[/QUOTE]

Yea, funny you say that about the HSPUs there was the third round I hust kicked up all breathy and just went.

Nik Nichols 03-02-2011 02:30 PM

3:00 break

squats x5reps
135lb
280lbs(127k)

35DUs

Nik Nichols 03-03-2011 07:37 AM

Thoughts on yesterdays workout.

First the good.
Runs were ok, not fast but not a high stepping walk.

Snaches, I was happy with the fact that I breathed through the exercizes instead of holding my breath on the pull from the ground. And getting 2 sets unbroken and fighting through quad burn and breathing.

HSPU's I didn't miss a single rep, and I kicked up from a standing position instead of kneeling down and then kicking up, also doing HSPUs wile breathing hard and not in a great focus of mind

Bads

Runs should be faster(always faster)

Snaches I should have went faster and I shouls have went after the bar after the run, I took a few breaths befor picking up the bar. I should have done a better job of cycling faster through them. I went slow and steady to try not to break them up, but it cost me to much I think.

HSPUs happy but I held back on the first set. Icould have gotten more then 3 reps but I held back because I was afraid of fatigue and my traps were killing me befor going into the workout. So I though if Idid 3x3 for the HSPUs I wouldn't break as long if I hit muscle failure.

I should have went at it harder. I usually got full steam and deal with the breakdown when it comes. I have tried to pace myself better because I see the value in it. But it is slowing me down. We will see what happens tomorrow. I need to get faster all across the board.

Scott Jenkins 03-03-2011 08:57 AM

Every metcon is different Nik, I run at an easy pace for the first 400m just to test how hard it would be, probably got first 400m in 1.40 when I can do a lot quicker if I want to. AFter round 1 I realised you get some breath back on the hspu's, even if you got them consecutive and realised you can push on through the squat cleans not worrying about being too spent at the end of them.

What Im saying is every metcon is hard to figure out and sometimes you will get it right , sometimes you learn from it, other than the girls which we know well of course.

Nik Nichols 03-03-2011 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;910188]Every metcon is different Nik, I run at an easy pace for the first 400m just to test how hard it would be, probably got first 400m in 1.40 when I can do a lot quicker if I want to. AFter round 1 I realised you get some breath back on the hspu's, even if you got them consecutive and realised you can push on through the squat cleans not worrying about being too spent at the end of them.

What Im saying is every metcon is hard to figure out and sometimes you will get it right , sometimes you learn from it, other than the girls which we know well of course.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you are right. Also Scott you are great for positives. I really appreciate it. But I guess the bottom line is I need to go faster.Faster, faster, faster.