CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 01-03-2011 01:27 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;886020]That's still a good time nik. Very good job getting so many ohs and pullups unbroken!! Now just working on not staring at the bar so long.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ernie! Yea getting back into being comfortable when I'm uncomfortable is the trick.

Marianne Urbanski 01-03-2011 01:34 PM

Hi NIk: sorry I have been off the boards lately.. was on vacation last week so I wasn't around much. How you doing with your tooth extraction!!? :) hope all worked out OK!!

Nik Nichols 01-03-2011 02:07 PM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;886033]Hi NIk: sorry I have been off the boards lately.. was on vacation last week so I wasn't around much. How you doing with your tooth extraction!!? :) hope all worked out OK!![/QUOTE]

It was great, came out no problem. There was some infection and I'm on antibiotics for a week. Still taking it easy on the eating. How long till I can stop worring about the clot coming out? It was an easy pull no cutting or stiches or anything.

Marianne Urbanski 01-03-2011 02:19 PM

[quote=Nik Nichols;886047]It was great, came out no problem. There was some infection and I'm on antibiotics for a week. Still taking it easy on the eating. How long till I can stop worring about the clot coming out? It was an easy pull no cutting or stiches or anything.[/quote]

did you have a dry socket? if you didn't have a dry socket and it has been a week, you don't have to worry.. the clot is more than organized and you can go on. the only thing I think you were smart not to do is hspu. I would wait on them. how does it feel now? is it a back tooth?

Nik Nichols 01-03-2011 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;886053]did you have a dry socket? if you didn't have a dry socket and it has been a week, you don't have to worry.. the clot is more than organized and you can go on. the only thing I think you were smart not to do is hspu. I would wait on them. how does it feel now? is it a back tooth?[/QUOTE]

No, no dry socket, Wednessday is a week. It was my top right back molar, and like I said it came out easy. It feels fine.

He asked me if I wanted pain meds and I told him''I don't know, do I need them?'' He said it would hurt a bit more then it does now, I told him''It doesn't hurt at all.'' he said tylenol. I took that that day and the next night and no more.

I still havent inverted other then some GHDs this morning. Eating as much as I can( but it is a pain in the but to eat on one side) and drinking water.

Nik Nichols 01-03-2011 02:42 PM

3:00 break

deadlift
sets of 5 reps
275lbs

press up to 95
wrist hurt from all the OHS today so I stopped and focused on the deads.

Scott Jenkins 01-04-2011 05:02 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;886016]Monday 110103
3 rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Overhead squats, 75 pounds
21 Pull-ups

time 15:03

runs not fast
OHS's first two rounds unbroken last round 20/10

pullups chest to bar, round one unbroken round two15/6 round three 10/5/5/1

Time lost was on the runs and picking up the bar after the runs. My metcon is sucking after the holidays and that strenth cycle, but it was good and fun today.[/QUOTE]

Nice work Nik, good to have you back on the main page fun. Nothing wrong with that time, you nearly got Ernie.

Nik Nichols 01-04-2011 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;886308]Nice work Nik, good to have you back on the main page fun. Nothing wrong with that time, you nearly got Ernie.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott. It was fun and I was glad to be breathless again. I'll have to check Ernies time.

Did you see that it is offical '' Each performance needs to be validated, either through a video submission or by a registered CrossFit affiliate. '' for the games? So we have to do workouts week after week and submit them in for judging.

Nik Nichols 01-04-2011 07:43 AM

A.M. warm up
30 hands off ground pushups in a row
30 FS with 75lbs
30 straight leg deadlift 75lbs
30 abmatt pushups 40pound DB overhead
20 deadhang pullups (in sets of 5)

Scott Jenkins 01-04-2011 08:28 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;886353]Thanks Scott. It was fun and I was glad to be breathless again. I'll have to check Ernies time.

Did you see that it is offical '' Each performance needs to be validated, either through a video submission or by a registered CrossFit affiliate. '' for the games? So we have to do workouts week after week and submit them in for judging.[/QUOTE]

Yes I see this and have decided to approach it as positively as Possible, going to miss the sectoinals get together but it means a meet up every week at the affiliate to perform the workout. This could pose you a few problems not being that close to an affiliate, you only miss one week and that's it I guess your out. On a plus for you it saves you having to travel half way across Texas and stay in a hotel.

Also things like running cannot be included due to terrain, we have no ropes so hopefully they are not used. I think its going to be harder to submit 6 correct videos then beat the whole of my sectional, some newbie whose good at videos will probably win them :rofl: