CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 10-25-2010 07:09 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;859564]That's great way to keep count and keep Martin busy at the same time Nik, you done real well to keep it all unbroken through 7 rounds. Remember not to go crazy making up too many workouts, Im just going to do the pull up WB one tonight then get back on the schedule.[/QUOTE]

Good call. You reall don't have anything to ''make up'' really Do that one, I think you will like it. All though we doing it C2B was a factor in time. It really did take more time to cycle through it. But I liked it. 10 reps for me was just right. No If I went faster it might have been broken up. But I wasn't gaming, I was going as hard as I could.

Nik Nichols 10-25-2010 11:15 AM

Ten rounds of:
1 Clean and Jerk
5 Pull-ups chest to bar
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

weight , first 3 rounds at 175lbs last 7 rounds at 165lbs
time 20:02

man wat a workout. On the 3rd round clean I cleaned it and was in the rack position and got dizzy and felt like I was going to passout, dropped the bar took a min to clear my head and wonderd if I could even finish.

I took off 10 pounds and kept going.

all the cindy work was unbroken with C2B pullups, chest and nose to deck on pushups, squats good depth. All my time was setup and on the cleans. It is so hard to do oly lift fast.

Nik Nichols 10-25-2010 01:19 PM

3:00 break, eating. I have alot on my mind and just don't have the drive to do anything, so I'll eat.

Ernie Guevara 10-25-2010 01:42 PM

Good stiff there nik!! Atta way and fight through the dizzyness. You probably held hour breath while the bar was hitting your throat. That's happened to me a couple of times. Did you power clean or squat clean? I can't wait to hit this wod sometime later in the week.

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;859690]Ten rounds of:
1 Clean and Jerk
5 Pull-ups chest to bar
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

weight , first 3 rounds at 175lbs last 7 rounds at 165lbs
time 20:02

man wat a workout. On the 3rd round clean I cleaned it and was in the rack position and got dizzy and felt like I was going to passout, dropped the bar took a min to clear my head and wonderd if I could even finish.

I took off 10 pounds and kept going.

all the cindy work was unbroken with C2B pullups, chest and nose to deck on pushups, squats good depth. All my time was setup and on the cleans. It is so hard to do oly lift fast.[/QUOTE]

Nik Nichols 10-25-2010 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;859751]Good stiff there nik!! Atta way and fight through the dizzyness. You probably held hour breath while the bar was hitting your throat. That's happened to me a couple of times. Did you power clean or squat clean? I can't wait to hit this wod sometime later in the week.[/QUOTE]

Squat cleand it. I didn't even think about power clean! For some reason I just took it as squat clean. I so could have done it faster at a lesser weight. I just wanted to do it over bodyweight and it almost killed me.

Jay Rhodes 10-25-2010 02:00 PM

Ehhhh nice work Nik.

This one looked interesting to me! I may hit it one of these days (no pullups for bit, my hands got shredded doing "Mary")
I can see the desire to go heavy but at the same time you can't take for granted a clean that would be easy on its own after throwing in a round of Cindy.

Nik Nichols 10-25-2010 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;859768]Ehhhh nice work Nik.

This one looked interesting to me! I may hit it one of these days (no pullups for bit, my hands got shredded doing "Mary")
I can see the desire to go heavy but at the same time you can't take for granted a clean that would be easy on its own after throwing in a round of Cindy.[/QUOTE]

Thats it exactly. I was going off my one rep abelity. First reps was fine, the second one was a bit of a suprise.

Man take care of your hands, it sucks to try to workout shreaded.

Jay Rhodes 10-25-2010 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;859771]Thats it exactly. I was going off my one rep abelity. First reps was fine, the second one was a bit of a suprise.

Man take care of your hands, it sucks to try to workout shreaded.[/QUOTE]

Ya I know....I've actually been really good for that lately. Haven't had a bad tear in months.
I taped them up to start but you know how that goes....it gets all bunched up. Took the tape off and after a couple rounds started to feel it going. Taped up again during the WOD but the damage was done! They're actually pretty good today considering it was pretty recent. Hard not to rip a little after after 215 pullups though.

Nik Nichols 10-25-2010 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;859776]Ya I know....I've actually been really good for that lately. Haven't had a bad tear in months.
I taped them up to start but you know how that goes....it gets all bunched up. Took the tape off and after a couple rounds started to feel it going. Taped up again during the WOD but the damage was done! They're actually pretty good today considering it was pretty recent. Hard not to rip a little after after 215 pullups though.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, 215 pullups would destroy anyones hands!

Scott Jenkins 10-25-2010 11:51 PM

Great work on the WOD Nik, combination of crazy fast bodyweight then get your head together for a heavy 1rm, good work. Hope you got your thinking sorted.