CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-15-2010 06:02 PM

Re: Nik

Ok tomorrows workout, It says the snach movement starts with bar below the knees. Does thsat mean a really low hang squat snach?

Laurie Smith 08-15-2010 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;827766]Ok tomorrows workout, It says the snach movement starts with bar below the knees. Does thsat mean a really low hang squat snach?[/QUOTE]

No, that means pull from the ground....probably for those who want to do hang.

Laurie Smith 08-15-2010 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;827786]No, that means pull from the ground....probably for those who want to do hang.[/QUOTE]

Those using the bar only it has to be from below the knees. I think at 75 you're going to be starting from the ground but it doesn't have to be as long as the bar is below the knees.

Scott Jenkins 08-16-2010 03:34 AM

It was the standard at the 2009 games, they did not have to pull from the ground but to show the judges that they had gone to a full hang they made it easier to judge by saying drop the bar below knee after every rep before snatching it up again. Watch the video on main page Nik and you will see. Myself I am just going to do hang squat snatches, the messing around with the knees seems pointless to my training.

Nik Nichols 08-16-2010 08:14 AM

A.M. warm up same, just GHD's back ext, abmatt situps 25lbs.

Nik Nichols 08-16-2010 11:25 AM

Three rounds for time of:
30 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball (10.5 foot target)
75 pound Squat snatches, 30 reps (movement initiates with barbell below the knees)

Time 27:00

Oh man, ok truth, excuses, explantions, Monty and the heat.

Forst round in 7 min, I was suprised but happy enough.
wall ball on first round brok for a breath only at 27 reps, really i kind of fumbled the ball a bit and kept going. Snaches 10x3 first round, belw knee all reps.

Second round 20/ 10 on wallball, snaches in 5's at arround reps 20 or so I freakin started getting dizzy again, Monty jumped right on that. I ended up kneeling at the bar from it, FINALLY I got my head clear and finished it up in 5's dizzy after 5 reps, cleard and got the last 5.

Third round, wallball unbroken I think, wallball is getting better for me, allthough that little extra today made me jump off thje ground to get up there.

Snaches 5reps, dizzy, at this point I was wondering if I would be able to finish. I figured that if i kept going and didnt stop I wouldn't get dizzy, it hit me when I'd stop...So I pushed for 10 reps, ALMOST passed out when I got them done, Got REAL dizzy, took a LONG break till it cleared think ''Well thsat was a bad idea, I lost all the time I made by pushing to hard. did 5 reps dizzy a bit, but not bad, Here we go again, 10 reps and done.

I felll on the floor, layed there in a heap. I ended up going out to the garden hose and hosed myself down for a few min.

I'm happy with it, if it wasn't for the heat I'd have loved this workout.

Nik Nichols 08-16-2010 11:36 AM

To back that up a little, the snaches weren't hard, as long as I ''finished'' the second pull, it went up easy. Sweat was a bit of a factor on grip, my hands would slide a bit, but not to bad.

Patrick Haskell 08-16-2010 12:05 PM

A 27-minute metcon in that heat. :eek::eek::eek:

No thanks. You're a tough nut, Nik. ([I]Yes, that is a compliment.[/I])

Laurie Smith 08-16-2010 12:21 PM

Oh geez, not looking forward to this one. :(

Scott Jenkins 08-16-2010 12:58 PM

Got to agree with Patrick, hitting these hard metcons in that kind of heat sounds extremely tough Nik, great work for getting through, sounds like you gave everything there mate.