CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 05-05-2010 01:27 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;779519]Good job on it nik!!! Sorry to hear your makeshift db didn't workout so well but atleast you now know what a bear complex feels like. Did your grip get tired?[/QUOTE]
Grip was a tough one. After each set my forearms werewrecked.
[QUOTE=Shane Atkinson;779531]Great job Nik. Way to push through even if it was awkward. Looking forward to seeing the video. Could use a chuckle or two.[/QUOTE]
I hope he gets it up soon. I haven't seen it either.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;779545]Nice work with that damn rig Nik, we know what its like to use different kinds of equipment. I was practising the OH walk today in a small weights area just walkling backwards and forwards.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, we are a bunch of die hards. You stacking benches to box jumps, Ernie doing them on steps. Me and my rig.

Jay Rhodes 05-05-2010 01:31 PM

haha, I'm going to have to have a look at this video!!
These were nasty enough, I couldn't imagine doing them with makeshift equipment.

Leon Robotham 05-06-2010 02:02 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;778718]"Barbara"

Five rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups C2B
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups abmatt
50 Squats

1.3:58
2.3:55
3.4:18
4.4:11
5.4:44

on round 4 I hit nausea real bad on the situps, I didn't know if I'd have to stop to trow up. I didn't know if I'd finish or do round 5. But Round 5 was better.

Pullups unbroken c2b

pushups broke after round 1 to 10 5,5,5,5 I was hitting failure.

Situps ok till round 4.

Squats unbroken, sum sets slower then others.[/QUOTE]

Nice one mate, IMO Barbara is horrendously tough and probably one of the hardest benchmarks.

Nik Nichols 05-06-2010 06:10 AM

[QUOTE=Leon Robotham;779867]Nice one mate, IMO Barbara is horrendously tough and probably one of the hardest benchmarks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Leon, funny how BW exercizes can hurt like that.

Nik Nichols 05-06-2010 10:44 AM

Complete as many rounds in seven minutes as you can of:
95 pound Squat clean, 10 reps
20 Sit-ups

The standard for the sit-up is feet anchored, back of the hands touch the ground above your head on the bottom, and hands touch the anchor at the top. No Abmat.

rx'd 4round's and 10cleans

I wanted 5 rounds and missed it by the situps. Good sprint.

Scott Jenkins 05-06-2010 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;780135]Complete as many rounds in seven minutes as you can of:
20 Sit-ups

The standard for the sit-up is feet anchored, back of the hands touch the ground above your head on the bottom, and hands touch the anchor at the top. No Abmat.

I wanted 5 rounds and missed it by the situps. Good sprint.[/QUOTE]

That WOD sounds fun, when I see it this morning I wanted to hit it, fine work Nik, 7 minutes must go real quick.

Ernie Guevara 05-06-2010 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;780135]Complete as many rounds in seven minutes as you can of:
20 Sit-ups

I wanted 5 rounds and missed it by the situps. Good sprint.[/QUOTE]

Good job Nik, you almost had those 5 rounds!!!! I bet those cleans got you breathy and the grip tired huh? How many rounds of the cleans were you able to do unbroken? My goal when I do it is to not let go of the bar. I would rather brake up the situps than the cleans. Good job bro!

Jay Rhodes 05-06-2010 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;780185]That WOD sounds fun, when I see it this morning I wanted to hit it, fine work Nik, 7 minutes must go real quick.[/QUOTE]

It does. I was quite surprised how quick. It really is a sprint.

Laurie Smith 05-06-2010 03:29 PM

I"m thinking I should get a whopping 1 round on this one. :rofl:

Nik Nichols 05-06-2010 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;780185]That WOD sounds fun, when I see it this morning I wanted to hit it, fine work Nik, 7 minutes must go real quick.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Scott it was great fun. It was a real sprint.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;780201]Good job Nik, you almost had those 5 rounds!!!! I bet those cleans got you breathy and the grip tired huh? How many rounds of the cleans were you able to do unbroken? My goal when I do it is to not let go of the bar. I would rather brake up the situps than the cleans. Good job bro![/QUOTE]

3rounds unbroken, last round brok at 5 for a breath and go. Grip was fine at that weight. I slowed on the cleans after 5reps that is what got me. I'd clean and drop to a hang and get a breath and go. If it would have been hang power clean it would have been way faster.