CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 05-04-2010 06:38 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;778704]you gonna hit the "Barbara" today?! I did it last monday.. it is so deceivingly tough on the core! good luck![/QUOTE]

I just finished it, man that was tough!!

Nik Nichols 05-04-2010 06:42 AM

"Barbara"

Five rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups C2B
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups abmatt
50 Squats

1.3:58
2.3:55
3.4:18
4.4:11
5.4:44

on round 4 I hit nausea real bad on the situps, I didn't know if I'd have to stop to trow up. I didn't know if I'd finish or do round 5. But Round 5 was better.

Pullups unbroken c2b

pushups broke after round 1 to 10 5,5,5,5 I was hitting failure.

Situps ok till round 4.

Squats unbroken, sum sets slower then others.

Scott Jenkins 05-04-2010 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;778718]"Barbara"

20 Pull-ups C2B
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups abmatt
50 Squats

on round 4 I hit nausea real bad on the situps, I didn't know if I'd have to stop to trow up. I didn't know if I'd finish or do round 5. But Round 5 was better.

Pullups unbroken c2b

Situps ok till round 4.

Squats unbroken, sum sets slower then others.[/QUOTE]

How was the Barbara headache, one of the meanest girls there is and round 4 is always the hardest Nik. Nice scores and big ups on the C2B pull ups. Can I borrow them for this weekend, I need 40? :p

Marianne Urbanski 05-04-2010 07:40 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;778718]"Barbara"

20 Pull-ups C2B
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups abmatt
50 Squats

Pullups unbroken c2b

Situps ok till round 4.

Squats unbroken, sum sets slower then others.[/quote]

Great job, Nik.. Yea, Barbara is tough, but for some sick reason it is one of my favorites! (Yea, I am sick)..
I did it last week and I was sore in my core for days!! I never would have thought that the situps would be so taxing.... HOpe you make out ok tomorrow! :highfive:

Ernie Guevara 05-04-2010 07:43 AM

Good job on Barbara Nik!!! Proud of you for pushing through that pain on round four!!! I know how you felt there. I almost told my girlfriend I didn't even wan to try round 5. Did you get the headache? I got the headache when I was showering after the wod lol. Had to sit down under the cold water for a couple of minutes. You doing any extra work in the afternoon lol?

Nik Nichols 05-04-2010 08:20 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;778720]How was the Barbara headache, one of the meanest girls there is and round 4 is always the hardest Nik. Nice scores and big ups on the C2B pull ups. Can I borrow them for this weekend, I need 40? :p[/QUOTE]
Mna if only I coud give you my pullups.

I got the head ache right after my stomach cleared up:D
[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;778748]Great job, Nik.. Yea, Barbara is tough, but for some sick reason it is one of my favorites! (Yea, I am sick)..
I did it last week and I was sore in my core for days!! I never would have thought that the situps would be so taxing.... HOpe you make out ok tomorrow! :highfive:[/QUOTE]
You are a sick sick girl!!:rofl:
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;778749]Good job on Barbara Nik!!! Proud of you for pushing through that pain on round four!!! I know how you felt there. I almost told my girlfriend I didn't even wan to try round 5. Did you get the headache? I got the headache when I was showering after the wod lol. Had to sit down under the cold water for a couple of minutes. You doing any extra work in the afternoon lol?[/QUOTE]

Man that was it, in round 4 I was thinking I'd never make it to round 5. But the 3 min break was time enough to will myself back on the pullup bar.

I have a lunck to go to today, but I'd like to get some ''heavy' squats in. What are you doing?

Laurie Smith 05-04-2010 08:25 AM

Great job on Barbara Nik!!

Ernie Guevara 05-04-2010 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;778769]Mna if only I coud give you my pullups.

I got the head ache right after my stomach cleared up:D

You are a sick sick girl!!:rofl:

Man that was it, in round 4 I was thinking I'd never make it to round 5. But the 3 min break was time enough to will myself back on the pullup bar.

I have a lunck to go to today, but I'd like to get some ''heavy' squats in. What are you doing?[/QUOTE]

I'm not doing any extra lifting today Nik. My legs tend to get real sore from Barbara so I'll let them rest. If anything I'll hit some double unders. Enjoy your lunch!

Nik Nichols 05-04-2010 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;778773]Great job on Barbara Nik!![/QUOTE]
Thanks I' m looking forward to seeing your times, misery love company!!
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;778815]I'm not doing any extra lifting today Nik. My legs tend to get real sore from Barbara so I'll let them rest. If anything I'll hit some double unders. Enjoy your lunch![/QUOTE]

I need to hit some more DU's too.

Lunch was reat, we had wings. I managed to stay away from the sause and breads and pizza and tacos. Just wings.

Laurie Smith 05-04-2010 10:57 AM

Haha.. I checked and my last time on Barbara was like 45 minutes. :rofl: