CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Brady Herrin 02-21-2013 03:40 PM

Re: Nik

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1140754]Well, Brady asked my to help him put the transmission in his Mitsubishi evolution. So I spent my time there putting my functional fitness to use.[/QUOTE]

Nik Nichols 02-21-2013 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=Brady Herrin;1140859]Thanks![/QUOTE]

Not a problem man! It went well.

Scott Jenkins 02-22-2013 03:31 AM

You know what catching it forward on the squat clean means. Your doing exactly what I was until this week. Trying to get under the bar before you have fully extended, I throw my head back now at the top and the bar is crashing into my throat which apparently is a good thing as im extending the hips more, although I have some nice bleeding around the collar bones.

Nik Nichols 02-22-2013 07:00 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1140990]You know what catching it forward on the squat clean means. Your doing exactly what I was until this week. Trying to get under the bar before you have fully extended, I throw my head back now at the top and the bar is crashing into my throat which apparently is a good thing as im extending the hips more, although I have some nice bleeding around the collar bones.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I kind of though that was the issue but was not sure. I will work on finishing the second pull. I find that when I an tired or feel like the weight is heavy and I'm not relaxed I rush it and try to get under the bar faster and I end up cutting off the extension.

I will work on it again. Plus I ''forced'' myself to do it in my 3;00 break so i was not 100% into it too.

Scott Jenkins 02-22-2013 07:43 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1141010]Thanks Scott, I kind of though that was the issue but was not sure. I will work on finishing the second pull. I find that when I an tired or feel like the weight is heavy and I'm not relaxed I rush it and try to get under the bar faster and I end up cutting off the extension.

I will work on it again. Plus I ''forced'' myself to do it in my 3;00 break so i was not 100% into it too.[/QUOTE]

Yes I guessed you probably realised , just feels good to be the one instructing on the oly lifting for once :rofl: ... rushed oly lifting never goes well, a nice never ending clock and nobody around me talking is perfect.

Nik Nichols 02-22-2013 07:51 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1141030]Yes I guessed you probably realised , just feels good to be the one instructing on the oly lifting for once :rofl: ... rushed oly lifting never goes well, a nice never ending clock and nobody around me talking is perfect.[/QUOTE]

I was not sure on me not fully extending but i was thinking it was that. You confermed it for me.

I was going to make yesterdays workout hour cleans, but I worked on bradys car so again it was rushed in to 15:00mins.

like your said, not time and no distraction sounds like haven!

Nik Nichols 02-22-2013 07:55 AM

A.M. warm up

10 HSPUs
30 GHDs
30 back ext

18/2(total 20 reps) HSPUs!!

10 wide C2B dead hangs
30 squats
10 close over hand dead hangs
30 abmat situps
10 close under hand dead hangs
30 push ups

rolled my back 2;00min
rolled piriformis 2;00min a side
rolled hip flexers 2:00min a side

squat bar x3
135lbs x3

HSPUs today. Stoked for the 18 reps after the first set of 10, I tried for 20 reps but fatigued out. Usually I go for 20 reps first thing fresh but switched it and did well.

Nik Nichols 02-22-2013 09:57 AM

10:00 break
daily squat
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1
285lbs x1
325lbs x1
355lbs(161k) x1

all good, knees were better today. I tweaked my for by moving me feet in just a bit and it made all the difference. Last reps was better as far as knees go but it went a bit forward but mot bad, I was not on my toes or anything. I just rushed it a little which usually makes me go forward.

Happy. :)

Scott Jenkins 02-22-2013 10:34 AM

Great looking day Nik, I maxed yesterday on HSPU with 14 (strict hand width etc), hope to build that up to 20, think 15 strict is my best.

Woop woop on the squat tweak , sounds good, feet closer = more torque as long as your comfortable there.

Nik Nichols 02-22-2013 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1141093]Great looking day Nik, I maxed yesterday on HSPU with 14 (strict hand width etc), hope to build that up to 20, think 15 strict is my best.

Woop woop on the squat tweak , sounds good, feet closer = more torque as long as your comfortable there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I will work the form on squat. I have always felt like wider stance is stronger for any lift, but that is not true. So I end up going wider as a mental safety but end up fouling my forms up. I just notied/or though about it and it really helped today. Makes me want to do it again.

I think with feel closer and pointed straight( really slight toes out) that you have room to shove the knees out( my brain like wide but it is not that good for me).

Feet wider you NEED to point the toes out to give your knees room to track over the knees. Wide feet and straight feet causes a weird track and my knees go in, Not good.

I like the wide box squat stance, it just looks cool to me, but I have never done it. I don't have a box short enough for my little leg to get deep enough.