CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What Do You Eat First Thing In AM? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=89230)

Patrick Marshall 06-08-2016 06:02 AM

What Do You Eat First Thing In AM?

When I wake up, I am usually pretty hungry, but I don't want to eat a full meal yet. Just wanted to see what other people ate / drank. I was thinking of having a quick protein shake and then eating breakfast a few hours later.

Thanks!

Michael A. Jones 06-08-2016 08:07 PM

Re: What Do You Eat First Thing In AM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Marshall (Post 1263204)
When I wake up, I am usually pretty hungry, but I don't want to eat a full meal yet. Just wanted to see what other people ate / drank. I was thinking of having a quick protein shake and then eating breakfast a few hours later.

Thanks!

I usually or try to have a cup of steel-cut oats(with or without fruit) and some bulletproof coffee. I workout is the a.m., and this gets me going. I'll eat a full breakfast later.

Michael

Price Goosby 06-12-2016 04:08 PM

If I'm going in at 6 to work out it's a cup of yogurt or oatmeal and a banana with maybe a glass of OJ/Almond milk/ water. After I'll down a shake and and them get actual breakfast of maybe some taco meat & beans or some breakfast enchiladas I've made.

Miles Roberts 06-22-2016 09:42 AM

I grab a handful of trail mix before my 0530 workout. Actual breakfast is after.

Ben Kissam 06-25-2016 08:01 PM

On a work out day, I try to eat a few eggs (ground turkey leftovers if I'm in a rush) and some sweet potato.

Rest day, I drink coffee, sometimes bulletproof. :)

If you shoot for a little bit of protein and carbs when you wake up, you should be good to go.

David Meverden 06-26-2016 12:19 PM

Especially if I'm cutting weight, I don't eat a ton first thing in the morning. But I will have some protein, fats, and often green or black tea.

Lately, my preferred fast morning thing that accomplishes this is little meat and egg muffin things. I've got silicone baking cups intended for making cupcakes. I will fill them maybe 1/3 with cooked ground beef, chopped cooked onion, and spinach, then fill the rest with beaten egg. Bake at 350 for around 20 minutes and you've got tasty little breakfast things. I'll cook 12-18 of them on sunday, and have 2-3 each weekday morning with some hot sauce. For the size cups I have they are about 100 kcal each, with ~7 grams fat and ~7 grams protein. Alternatively, you could use bacon, ham, or whatever as the meat.

A half lb of ground beef and like 18 eggs will make 15-18 of these things.

Kristian Wolowidnyk 07-06-2016 05:13 PM

Pound 2 black coffees and I'm good to go

Rob Poling Jr 07-11-2016 04:52 PM

Coffee and a banana about 6:30am while getting my mind ready for work than something more filling about 9am.

Alicia Soret 07-15-2016 07:22 PM

Large coffee with quite a bit of half and half around 8a, to keep me full til 10ish. Then I'll have another coffee (once I get to the office) same thing. Lunch around 11/12.

If I'm doing a 6a WOD, I'll have my coffee as my pre-workout, and drink it on the way to the gym. It's so delicious.

I really just like to make it a habit to have a cup of coffee before I WOD, regardless of what time I'm wodding. Works like a charm.

Ben Joven 08-02-2016 12:20 PM

Heavy cream, MCT oil with cold brew!

Buzzzzzzzzzzz!