CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=75104)

Victor J McQuaide 03-15-2016 03:42 PM

Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

No did two muscle ups right after the 10 snatches.. rested for about 3 seconds and did another quick one. Seemed to break up the grip thing and give a micro break. I am not a un broken wonder anymore. Thinking some well placed breaks can help along the workout or at least keep the max working heart rate coming up slower. Depends on the workout right? Ring would have to be un broken because takes so darn long to come down, get settled, catch the swinging rings and do it again.

Victor J McQuaide 03-16-2016 11:08 AM

Tuesday with Coach Corey and Tony.

Warm up ghd, ohs db..

30# wall balls- broke them up- 13/8 , 5/5/5, 3/3/3
HSPU- un broken in all of the sets

That combo heavy wall balls and hspu.. nasty one.

3:30 or so

Rest 3 min
Cal row
GHD

5:30 ish. really slow ghd's.

Row 1,000 meters rest 3 min 3 rounds total of 3k.

Pace- 1:55, 1:49, 1:50 on meter

Realize that I need to get more time rowing longer distances. I can feel that my fitness needs some rowing.

Scott Jenkins 03-17-2016 03:44 AM

114 is a great score considering you broke it up so much. I was unbroken but not a mile ahead. First time I got 114 I missed the third muscle up of the 8th. Caught me by surprise.

I'm guessing I have a big goat coming this year at some point so need the points in the bag early.

Victor J McQuaide 03-17-2016 08:40 AM

Scott, amazing effort to say the very least. Way to go.. stole the G thunder. We will see what today is. HSPU and Wall ball couplet.. that would be a dream come true.

Wed- Jamul Garage gym with Coach Chelle and Tony.

Hip circle warm up, ohs dumbbells 5-35# 3 reps each hand.

TGU's- 22-70# one rep each arm.

More stretching.

S2O barbell cycling. 45-135# then about 50 reps of deadlift clean grip.

Woke up with a tickle in the throat this morning. Been water boarding myself plus Vit C up the ying yang.

Today is stretching, positive mental approach, meditation, watch show, come up with a strategy and then hit it Friday.

Gotta get top 10 or the beard grows another week.

Sad about some of the guys not being able to return. Crossfit takes a toll on a body. I have switched over to more recovery and mobility vs. hard training. I believe in the end this will workout.

Goal still is to get thru the open in one piece and make a good showing.

Then switch training to more intensity building my motor back up. More training partners, more met cons, add in some oly classes.. Get in all around shape while keeping on the mobility and yoga.

I have some still weak muscles that surround my strong muscles in my back. I am getting better each week. I now listen to my body and train what I can that day.

Looking forward to having the 4 workouts in 5 days in Master's Qual.

Wonder what the max might be. Max overhead squat from the ground? Will have to work on that one for sure.

They did a clean then snatch…

Back to 16.4.. do the best that I can.

Scott Jenkins 03-18-2016 03:10 AM

Your dream has nearly come true Vic. I'm also very pleased with this one. Expect top 10 from both of us here.

However I cannot join you with the beard.

Victor J McQuaide 03-21-2016 09:37 AM

Looks like the beard growth is staying this week.

Took Thursday off and did a bunch of stretching on Friday.

Warm up- ohs with dumbbell to open the shoulder, some dead lifts, hspu to get the feel of the standard, wall balls and rowing.

Plan was to do the deads in 2:15 ish, then finish the wall balls by 4:30 ish, recover on the row and unleash the beast on the hspu.

Deadlifts- 15,10,8,7,5,5,5- 2:30 took more breaks than I thought. Underestimate the lack of deadlift rep training. That put me in a worse spot than I thought. Maybe 2:30

Wall balls- that went well. No no reps.. 20,15,10,10 might have finished in 5 min ish.

Row- about 1050 average.. finished row 8:33 so a slow row. Just could not reset the workout to zero.

Enter the hspu- 10/9/ then the workout went down hill. No reps, no reps, no reps.. got about 8 of them. Wound up in sets of 4. Not enough rest between sets. I was listening to my coach. She looks at the big picture. She just wants me to get thru the workouts and learn not to take big breaks. About 3 seconds then go. I am just not in the shape enough to physically re-bound that fast. But will be ready to go for Master Qual.

Finished the hspu- exhausted to say the least. Which normally I am good at them. DL took me out for sure.. lack of the hard training did the rest of the trick. Did 6 dl to close the show. Total 226.

I felt that I rushed the breaks on the hspu. If I were to take my time between sets and banged out 7's or something like that would have been more my style. But my style needs work. Some of my no reps included one leg made it one was lower, toes below the line because I mostly do my hspu with my toes pointed.. stuff like that.

Gotta say that Castro has done a nice job this year. Usually I am thinking that the workouts are kind of the same. This year they have tested some overall fitness. Sure they could be worse with a max several times while spent. But overall great programming.

Overall grade for the workout- B minus. If I did less no reps I would have given a B +.

On with the next workout.

Have had a tickle in the throat for the past few days. Fighting something off. So I don't feel that I was 100%.

Victor J McQuaide 03-21-2016 10:02 AM

Went in Saturday was a bit sore but not injured sore, Hip circle, one arm ohs -10-25#, mobility and stretching.

S2O work- 45-195 for reps was heavy sore shoulder .

100 dubs :47
rest 1 min
100 dubs :50

Thrusters-
95# x 5 the transition to box jumps 10 reps
115 x 5 then 10 jumps or step ups
135# x 5 then 15 step ups
155# x5 then 15 step ups
175# x5 then 15 step ups

1 min drill- 135# x10 the box jumps in remainder of time 8 box step ups.

More hip circle.

More stretching and yoga poses that night. Total of 1 hour recovery stretching.

Sunday-

Warm up, stretch, hip circle, ohs db one arm..
Row and box jump overs- warm up about 50 cal row and 50 box jump overs.

50 box jump overs for time keeping myself within myself- 2:07

Rest 1 min then 50 cal row for time- 2:07

Power clean- 45,95,115,135,177, 185,195,205,215,225, 235# most I have done in a while. Power clean has been a goat. Feeling better with more muscles to recruit.
Working on being patient off the floor, during the extension then fast elbows.

Then watched the carnage of 16.4 for the rest of the re do troops.

Went to pick up my son, visited with the family and my Niece, got a bite to eat with my son, Reese and rode the bikes on the boardwalk. Finished up with some Family time at the folks.

Good day.

Did approx 45 min worth of stretching and being mobile.

I have closed the chapter on 16.4 it was what it was. An opportunity to grow and see where my present fitness is.

Lots of reps on the dl was a shock to my system.

Will have to work on the fatigued reps on HSPU.. Keeping my toes pointed to the floor and my body in a good tight form.

Maybe thrusters and box jump overs on 16.5 who knows.. what ever it is will be a good finish.

I am going to check in with what I did during the break between the open and the Masters Qual last year. I seemed to hit a good stride doing that.

Tonight will do some met con's.. 3 of them this week.

Victor J McQuaide 03-22-2016 09:29 AM

Monday- short session and warm up during some of the workouts

Front squat all 5 reps. This is where the back is suspect the most. But going super slow and no jerky movements.
45,95,135,165,185,205,225 felt ok.

Metcon- 3 RFT
800 meter run
10 hang squat clean #155
20 wall balls
2 rope climbs
20:57

First round was a warm up, have not run in a while. Leg burner for sure. Happy to get my 20 min met con done. In comp might have gone 19 min.

Stretching and mobility in the pm 45 min.

Victor J McQuaide 03-23-2016 10:28 AM

Tuesday long workout-
Hip circle, floss, stretch.
Ohs with dumb bells- 8-25#

Warm up shoulders

EMOM Muscle ups 3 reps

Back squat.. slow and steady 95-275# x3 reps.

Warm up s2o, box jump overs and thrusters.

Metcon
10 min AMRAP
10 s2o 115#
15 box jump overs
7 rounds plus 20

Find a max thruster immediately after 10 min mark 6 min.

Doodled around too much. Felt good just did not go to work fast enough.
165,195,215 super easy.. loaded up 230 and ran out of time rushed things.

Doing it again would have put more weight on the bar sooner..
195,215,225, 232-235.. but I was happy things were easy.

I think that going steady and pacing that suits me is a good on both s2o and box jump overs. Cruise mode for sure. While beating some good x fitters next to me.

6 reps
500 meter row
1:30 rest

Average of 1:52 each 500 meter
Bunch of stretching afterwards.

Alex Burden 03-24-2016 12:23 AM

Hej Vic.... we have been giving Scott allot of cred during the open....

You ain't doing to shabby yourself :D

So i hope you both make it and can have a real fight over who's best :D