CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Brian Bedell 03-19-2009 06:05 AM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Ugh, nice women at work made me a carrot cake today b/c I helped her with some legal stuff yesterday. Can't really turn down a small piece without being rude.

Renee Lee 03-19-2009 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Bedell (Post 545098)
Ugh, nice women at work made me a carrot cake today b/c I helped her with some legal stuff yesterday. Can't really turn down a small piece without being rude.

it has veggies in it. you're good ;)

Mat Frankel 03-19-2009 06:06 AM

haha mistake large and buff with plain large, is that going to be my new signiture?

Yesterday was good but my father tried to make his own recipe of fig nut and date bars, i had a small piece and i asked what else he used to make them, he just said that stuff and grahm crackers. I knew it was too good. A few saltines broken into dinner too. So not really bad sweet crap but a few grams.

Today...I will not eat any sugar.

Laura Kurth 03-19-2009 06:53 AM

Lady I work with came around with a large platter of assorted baked goods in miniature - muffins, danish pastry, some kind of pecan-y thing, etc.

I thought it was funny that almost everybody had something (except me of course). I wonder why we are all so fat. The platter was loaded, then 5 minutes later.... almost empty :rolleyes:

I did take her up on the free coffee which I am enjoying right now.

Brian Bedell 03-19-2009 07:48 AM

Someone literally bakes here everyday. Realtors are fat butts and love free food. (present realtor company excluded of course!)

Samantha Aurelio 03-19-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura Kurth (Post 545132)
Lady I work with came around with a large platter of assorted baked goods in miniature - muffins, danish pastry, some kind of pecan-y thing, etc.

I thought it was funny that almost everybody had something (except me of course). I wonder why we are all so fat. The platter was loaded, then 5 minutes later.... almost empty :rolleyes:

I did take her up on the free coffee which I am enjoying right now.

Silly, silly questions hah. Every time there is some kind of recital or formal get together at my school it's basically Philly Pretzels, chips, cookies, (and for me-) apples, bottled water and tea.

It's amazing what city people can put into their bodies. Kinda disgusts me and makes me want to shake society hah. Then kinda makes me mad because maybe I want some! But my head knows better than to treat my body that way :rofl: i just go buy dark chocolate and drink the free tea :D

Michael Ricketts 03-19-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig (Post 545039)
You're a good man, Michael. I AM base security and I don't even want to play those games. Hehe. I think they confused large and buff like with plain old large. :D

I am NOT going to eat sweets today.

It was some kind of class that NCIS was giving our security guys, I got "voluntold" because I am ASF. :shrug:

I am Not going to eat any sweets today!

Mike Kerce 03-19-2009 03:08 PM

i'm officially through my first 4 days of no grains/no sugars/strict paleo and am feeling good and actually really enjoying the diet. unfortunately, this is my anniversary weekend and we've booked a trip to Charleston, so my string will likely end at 5 (reservations at a couple fancy restaurants)...however, i vow to make as many good choices as possible and most definitely vow to NOT let this throw me off course and start back 110% once i set foot back at home. good news is there is a gym in the hotel so Sat/Sun WOD are ON!

Leonid Soubbotine 03-19-2009 04:33 PM

No gluten is so easy.

Stay off it for a couple of months, have something with gluten (like a small bowl of icecream or 1 piece of cake) - have massive digestive problems for the next 2 days. Little cheat food is not worth that.

Been gluten free for quite a bit now. Feel great, train a lot, sleep well, no problems with health or digestion.

Now we need to get rid of pollen!

Amber Mathwig 03-19-2009 05:00 PM

In bed. No real sweets for me today. I had a craving and had a small amount of maraschino cherries mixed with nuts and honey. Surprisingly good for something I would never consider eating otherwise.