CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 04-29-2011 11:35 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;931591]Leave it alone now Nik, must be crazy waiting all day for it, I tried to stay in bed late so I would not pace the house for too long.

Do you have a goal yet, completing the 15's is 90 points, with the 18 thrusters 108 , if you get them smashing out pull ups will be great.[/QUOTE]

I'm not doing much I just didn't do anything for two days and wanted to feel the ''heat'' from it. I wanted to be breathless a bit. So I hit a few reps.

My goal is the set of 15 unbroken and as far into the 18s as posible or further. I got the 15s unbroken the other day with time to spare.

It is killing me. One min I'm fine the other I'm all up about it. I'm doing my best to not think about it. You must be releaved at least for now.

Nik Nichols 04-29-2011 11:37 AM

lunch ''workout''

I was only going to strech but I did the 400m runs with brady from the hero workout from today. Not real hard runs, just a good jog.

So 6x 400m jogs with breaks inbetween.

Nik Nichols 04-29-2011 01:31 PM

3:00 break

worked on a ride on lawn mower. I just had to get away from the work out area. I have streched till I can strech no more. Come on 6:00pm.

Nik Nichols 04-29-2011 07:22 PM

83 reps

It was great, just like I planned it even tightened it up a bit and was going great. up to round 12 unbroken, the 15 was in chunks, 8/3/4 and I still had 60 seconds, and I get on the bar and rip the crap out of my right hand on the hand below the ring finget, about the size of a penny. I came off he bar looked at this big ol hunk of flesh and though for a second'' what do I do now?'' well up on the bar I go, but I couldn't get more then a couple of reps and I missed a few reps at that point, it ate the clock and I finished at 83.

But it was my best comp. I was cool and in controll, it was working. I stuck it out on the round of 12 and was doing great. Finally at the last work out I figured out how to stay calm and just do work. It was great , not my best point wise, but my best effort by far. My hand is a wreck though. This is the worst I have ever ripped it. I wasn't going to let it get me. I told myself '' this is the last workout you don't have to worry about it just go.'' So I trashed my hand for points. It was great!

No row or pullups for me tomorrow. I will try to make up the 800m lung workout.

Jesse Emers 04-29-2011 07:40 PM

Great work Nik. I'm very glad to see you're happy with your effort because that is what matters over all. That is one tough workout. I see you'll be glad to get back to normal training.

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;931739]
No row or pullups for me tomorrow. I will try to make up the 800m lung workout.[/QUOTE]

Nik....PLEASE don't do 800m of lunges. :rofl:

Scott Jenkins 04-30-2011 01:24 AM

Great work Nik, really pleased you enjoyed it and managed to do some hard work with a cool head, I am sure you would of had the 90 without your hand ripping, it happens though!!

As Jesse said DO NOT LUNGE FOR 800m, you will not be sitting right for days, how about the Hero workout from 2 days ago , that will be good.

Nik Nichols 04-30-2011 05:03 AM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;931744]Great work Nik. I'm very glad to see you're happy with your effort because that is what matters over all. That is one tough workout. I see you'll be glad to get back to normal training.

Nik....PLEASE don't do 800m of lunges. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jesse, it was a tough go for me first time in co0mp and all. I learned alot and finally got my head together. We will see what I can do today. My hand is in bits, it honestly woke me up a few times last night.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;931800]Great work Nik, really pleased you enjoyed it and managed to do some hard work with a cool head, I am sure you would of had the 90 without your hand ripping, it happens though!!

As Jesse said DO NOT LUNGE FOR 800m, you will not be sitting right for days, how about the Hero workout from 2 days ago , that will be good.[/QUOTE]

Man Scott I had more then 90 till the rip. But it happens. I'm not down at all. It happened because of the bar I expect. My pull up bar is like yours where your hands go to a spot. Mine though looks like an easy curl bar, so My calouses are in a different. No nover mind. Just looking at my hand it tore at one of my biggest callouse.

I even cut them down befor the workout. I guesss it just tore.

I tell you I have learned alot. Other then goat work, being in that kind of setting makes a world of difference. I'd do the workout in practice and go hard at it, then try to go harder in comp, past where I should have pushed and it got me every time.

Last night was different, I was no my game even in those thrusters, I knew it was a weekness, I knew putting the bar down would kill my time. So I stuck to the plan and like you at the end(on the set of 15,) I just went on the thrusters and stayed on the bar telling myself not to rest more then a breath, that I could to two fast reps and go again. That kept me going.

I saw that I had plenty of time to get into the 18s but my hand got me. I'm already planning for next year. I'll have a head start on you on the box jump/ DU goat!;)

Scott Jenkins 04-30-2011 05:10 AM

Sounds like a killer rip Nik if you felt it in the night, shows how hard you are pulling right now, your stronger than your hands.

Goat work for us both, I got a long way to go with the box jumps although the DU's are getting there, should practice on proper boxes as well. Im off to paint the garden furniture for time now, should get messy.

Nik Nichols 04-30-2011 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;931816]Sounds like a killer rip Nik if you felt it in the night, shows how hard you are pulling right now, your stronger than your hands.

Goat work for us both, I got a long way to go with the box jumps although the DU's are getting there, should practice on proper boxes as well. Im off to paint the garden furniture for time now, should get messy.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to post a pic of my hand. It is deep and sore to the touch. But It is a kind of badge for me today. I usually don't agree with injury and being a badge, but I knew this was the last comp and I was going to push regardless of the rip, proud of that fact. Not the rip so much.

Yea I need a real wallball too. I can make up the ''box'' for box jumps. we have an old desk for box jumps. it is great. DUs I need to get to where I can do them in stress of the workout. Rested and relaxed I'm ok.

Nik Nichols 04-30-2011 07:10 AM

400 meter Walking lunge

386 lunges(or right there , not 100% on steps, but real close)
time 12:41
last time 13:16
last last time 15:08

I didn't think I pr'd but did ok, Kness are sore. I though I was going to kill it, I was on the first 100m in 44second, that wasnt the whole 100m but close, then it all slowed down. But happy with the push. I didn't rest in it, I pushed into the pain.

Take that Scott and Jesse.