CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   CrossPit (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   TUF 10 - heavyweights (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=51198)

Sean Dunston 09-16-2009 02:08 PM

TUF 10 - heavyweights

Starts tonight after UFC Fight Night.

Can't wait to see the Maynard/Huerta fight, and I am hoping they'll be able to show the Cantwell/Stann fight. I was a big fan of Stann's in the WEC. This out to be a good rubber match.

Yeah - I watch the silly reality show. Sue me!

:rofl:

anyone else?

Jeffrey Crawford 09-16-2009 02:46 PM

Re: TUF 10 - heavyweights

Pulling for big country in this. Dude has a great ground game and seems like a cool guy as well.

Victor Cleere 09-17-2009 04:38 AM

Wanted to watch them, but had to work. Apparently the Stann/Cantwell fight wasn't aired, but Stann won a BS decision that had the crowd booing. Hopefully I can catch the rerun soon. The heavyweights TUF looks oddly intiguing this season...though I am sure there will be a lot of sloppy fights, should also be some fireworks.

Derek Robinson 09-17-2009 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Dunston (Post 664850)
Starts tonight after UFC Fight Night.

Can't wait to see the Maynard/Huerta fight, and I am hoping they'll be able to show the Cantwell/Stann fight. I was a big fan of Stann's in the WEC. This out to be a good rubber match.

Yeah - I watch the silly reality show. Sue me!

:rofl:

anyone else?

I can't stand those guys on there that were like F Kimbo....They act like he shouldn't be there...What have those *****s done? I got an idea....Why don't they get a real job.

Sean Dunston 09-17-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek Robinson (Post 665231)
I can't stand those guys on there that were like F Kimbo....They act like he shouldn't be there...What have those *****s done? I got an idea....Why don't they get a real job.

Of course they were going to talk smack.
And you notice that Kimbo didn't say a word...

Should be a good season.

that first fight was the bloodiest I'd seen (on TUF) in a long time!

Joe Fortenberry 09-17-2009 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Dunston (Post 665235)

Should be a good season.

yea, did you see the cut when the Dr was stitching it up in the locker room? nasteeee.

Sean Dunston 09-17-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Cleere (Post 665181)
Wanted to watch them, but had to work. Apparently the Stann/Cantwell fight wasn't aired, but Stann won a BS decision that had the crowd booing. Hopefully I can catch the rerun soon. The heavyweights TUF looks oddly intiguing this season...though I am sure there will be a lot of sloppy fights, should also be some fireworks.

Bummer that the Stann-Cantwell fight was controversial. I want to see it.

I thought the 4 fights they did air were absolutely PHENOMENAL!

Well - it could have been better if Diaz had lost.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Paul Sousa 09-17-2009 07:16 AM

This is from Brendan Schaub's blog today in regards to Kimbo. I thought it was pretty interesting.

"Now, as all of you saw in the recent preview clip, I made some pretty aggressive comments about Kimbo. You guys need to realize I was already in a fighting mindset and thinking I was going to fight at any moment. And all I know about Kimbo was his "street certified" credentials, which I assumed like everyone else he was a "fake." However, let me be the first to say that after spending a significant amount of time with Kimbo, I now know those assumptions couldn't be further from the truth. Kimbo is a good fighter and very talented – not to mention a great guy. I'm a huge fan."

Derek Robinson 09-17-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Dunston (Post 665235)

Should be a good season.

Bloody fight yes, but really boring. That guy laid on his back for 10 mins. Cut was amazing, could see his skull.

Sean Dunston 09-17-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek Robinson (Post 665303)
Bloody fight yes, but really boring. That guy laid on his back for 10 mins. Cut was amazing, could see his skull.

Yeah. He had no ground game - and EVERYONE knew it.