CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout of the Day (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   run 15k (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=35093)

Michael Blazek 07-29-2008 05:52 PM

run 15k

Seriously? Am I the only really curious to find out what this will be like and at the same time scared to death of how hard it will be? Well maybe when I wake up in the morning coach will see its a typo and change it. But if he doesn't hell bring it on. I can't be the only one scared of this one though, this is nuts!

Vanessa Sisson 07-29-2008 05:54 PM

Re: run 15k

No, I think we're all a little scared. Maybe not the seasoned runners among us but I definitely am. But, I'm really curious to see how I do as well.

Cody Looney 07-29-2008 07:02 PM

"The things that improve people the most are the things that scare the sh*t out of them"
Nobody actually said that but when you put things in quotes it looks way more official.

Wednesday, 080730 can temporarily be remembered as the day we re-recognized the "Forge" portion of "Forging Elite Fitness".
I look forward to getting through this one tomorrow because I know I'll be better for it. I'm also currently crying and shaking a little and might need to take a 7 hour lunch tomorrow in order to finish. Maybe I'll bring a bus schedule with me just in case.
Stay classy and train(run) hard!

Joe Cavazos 07-29-2008 07:25 PM

Can we use this thread as a sound-off place for people who were tough enough to get through this monster?

Michael Blazek 07-29-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos (Post 362057)
Can we use this thread as a sound-off place for people who were tough enough to get through this monster?

If I make it tomorrow I will be bragging about it right here in this thread!

I never thought I would make the 10K run but finished it in 1hr 5 min and was damn proud of myself. I wont stop talking about finishing a 15k until I die! Unless of course I die during it...

Vanessa Sisson 07-29-2008 07:56 PM

I've been debating over whether or not I should go to GSX and do the wod there or do the 15k. I really want to see how I do running that far.

What do you think? This is what I've done so far this week:

I rested Sunday
Monday:
deadlifts x10
box jumpx15
kte x20 for about 5 rounds
then CFT and CFE interval workout

Tuesday: Helen

Wednesday: Take my chances at GSX or do the 15k????

Tim Luby 07-29-2008 08:03 PM

Props to Glassman for having the balls to post this one! I'm gonna do 12 miles in the woods this Saturday. Can't wait!

Joe Cavazos 07-29-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa Pierce (Post 362077)
Wednesday: Take my chances at GSX or do the 15k????

The 15K, of course! This is a once-in-a-CrossFit-liftetime opportunity here. GSX will always be there, but here you have the opportunity to do a very special workout with Main Page WODers all over the globe.

Bo Riser 07-29-2008 09:19 PM

Who comes up with this sick twisted stuff? I most worried about the 100+ degree temperature.

Matthew Vassallo 07-29-2008 10:04 PM

no wonder my CFT keeps falling.

whatever, i'll get it done.