CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 12-15-2010 12:12 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;879711]Yes this overhead workout is too some the hardest they put out there (Kirez once said this). lots of volume to jump back on.[/QUOTE]

You are right. plus anything after the shoulder press can't be a max effort because you just pressed! but still a killer workout. I hope you do great.

Nik Nichols 12-15-2010 12:14 PM

barski cleans: all from mid thigh x 3 reps> work up to 80%x3x5

I did 165lbs(5lbs shot of weight)

Then Brady and I did
Complete the following on the minute for 8 minutes:

3 Weighted Pull Ups with 20lbs
Max Rep Power Cleans @ 115lbs

reps on the cleans were 9,7,7,7,6,6,6,8 for 56total reps.

Nik Nichols 12-15-2010 02:29 PM

3:00 break
press
75lbs x5
95lbs x5
105lbs x5
115lbs x5
125lbs x3

I was going for 5 on the 125 but I lost focus and didn't have it.
Shoulders are tired from earlier todat too. But good to keep at it.

Scott Jenkins 12-16-2010 04:58 AM

Double training yesterday! Looks like you got through a lot of rounds of that metcon in 8 mins, knew you would kill the weighted pull ups.

What weight do you think I should use today, maybe 20k I was thinking.

Nik Nichols 12-16-2010 07:25 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;880004]Double training yesterday! Looks like you got through a lot of rounds of that metcon in 8 mins, knew you would kill the weighted pull ups.

What weight do you think I should use today, maybe 20k I was thinking.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, doing all I can I get a tooth pulled on next wednessday, so I don't know how that will affect training. I don't want to bleed to bad.

20k for 10 reps will be tough, will you use a vest? Set up for time will be tough on this one really. And with a DB holding it for 10 reps will be an issue not doing the pulling.

Scott Jenkins 12-16-2010 07:39 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;880032]Thanks, doing all I can I get a tooth pulled on next wednessday, so I don't know how that will affect training. I don't want to bleed to bad.

20k for 10 reps will be tough, will you use a vest? Set up for time will be tough on this one really. And with a DB holding it for 10 reps will be an issue not doing the pulling.[/QUOTE]

Oooh tooth pulling , doubt it will affect your training still, not many workouts involving biting things ;)

20k DB and deadhangs it is for me Nik.

Nik Nichols 12-16-2010 08:49 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;880040]Oooh tooth pulling , doubt it will affect your training still, not many workouts involving biting things ;)

20k DB and deadhangs it is for me Nik.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I need your thought. If I do it, I can do good mornings at the pullup rack, or run in the other room to do real back ect. what do you think? it will take more time to go room to room, but I will do real back ext.

Scott Jenkins 12-16-2010 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;880077]Sounds good. I need your thought. If I do it, I can do good mornings at the pullup rack, or run in the other room to do real back ect. what do you think? it will take more time to go room to room, but I will do real back ext.[/QUOTE]

I dont think this one is really important on the time, that's why I am hitting deadhang pull ups , to get more out of the workout than quickly knocking out 10 kipping. Go to the back ext machine, I would if we had a proper one. And also do them really well and get a good feeling for the movement.

We made a reverse hyper at the globo at the weekend by throwing a giant abmat over a filing cabinet and holding onto the window ledge :D

Nik Nichols 12-16-2010 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;880085]I dont think this one is really important on the time, that's why I am hitting deadhang pull ups , to get more out of the workout than quickly knocking out 10 kipping. Go to the back ext machine, I would if we had a proper one. And also do them really well and get a good feeling for the movement.

We made a reverse hyper at the globo at the weekend by throwing a giant abmat over a filing cabinet and holding onto the window ledge :D[/QUOTE]

Ok will do the regular back ext. and 40lbs pullups deadhang because I cnat kipp them even if I wanted.

I had to laugh at the reverse hyper. I have done close to that on our racking.

Nik Nichols 12-16-2010 11:51 AM

Three rounds of:
10 Weighted pull-ups
30 Back extensions

Pullups deadhang
I used a 40lbs DB with a rope tied to it and hung it arround my neck like a big necklace that hung just between my legs

Back ext RX'd

I had to jog 30 setps each way inbetween the pulllup rack and the back ext so that was 60 jogging steps to each round.

Time 5:27

All pullups in singles, I'd pull take a breath and pull again. I didn't take my hands off the bar till rep 8 on the last round. On the last round I took two breaths after rep 7.

I was going to do squats for a strenth part and started it and on 205lbs my left glut hurt and I called it there. I rolled it a second and it was ok, the back ext really helped it out.

Lower back is a little tight from thwe back ext but ok.