CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Vickie Ellickson 08-20-2013 12:38 PM

Re: Nik

Sorry to hear that Nik...bodyweight and non-challenging weights are generally ok if your head isn't in it, but everything has to be dialed in for the heavy stuff. Hope the quad just needs some sleep to fix it. If the bruise is especially impressive, you should post a pic...

Nik Nichols 08-20-2013 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=Vickie Ellickson;1188143]Sorry to hear that Nik...bodyweight and non-challenging weights are generally ok if your head isn't in it, but everything has to be dialed in for the heavy stuff. Hope the quad just needs some sleep to fix it. If the bruise is especially impressive, you should post a pic...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it is really sore, If it does bruise well I will totally post it up. Got to post the fails with the sucesses!

Nik Nichols 08-20-2013 01:23 PM

3:00 break
layed on stomach and worked my right leg, bending it at the knee and raising my foot to my rear over and over to work ROM. Really sore and swelling. I will get on the heat pad when I get home.

Scott Jenkins 08-21-2013 03:11 AM

Sorry to hear about the accident, does sound like heavy bruising trauma to me, this will fully heal in a few days, not sure you should go too mad with the foam roller, keep it stretched but don't over roll it.

Nik Nichols 08-21-2013 05:22 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1188299]Sorry to hear about the accident, does sound like heavy bruising trauma to me, this will fully heal in a few days, not sure you should go too mad with the foam roller, keep it stretched but don't over roll it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is it, it is sore today but not as sore as yesterday. still limping arround on it. So stretching will be the bit thing.

I don't think i can roll it, it is sore to the tuck but I may try a little.

Thats what I get for PR on squat!! I was all juiced up and was aiming for 370 to 375lbs(168k,170k) by the end of the week, but all that is out now. Looks like curls are in!

Scott Jenkins 08-21-2013 06:58 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1188321]Yea, that is it, it is sore today but not as sore as yesterday. still limping arround on it. So stretching will be the bit thing.

I don't think i can roll it, it is sore to the tuck but I may try a little.

Thats what I get for PR on squat!! I was all juiced up and was aiming for 370 to 375lbs(168k,170k) by the end of the week, but all that is out now. Looks like curls are in![/QUOTE]

Glad to hear, it will again be better tomorrow and maybe the extra rest from squatting will push you to that 170k!! Nothing wrong with curls, I have been doing them when I feel I need some extras.

Nik Nichols 08-21-2013 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1188357]Glad to hear, it will again be better tomorrow and maybe the extra rest from squatting will push you to that 170k!! Nothing wrong with curls, I have been doing them when I feel I need some extras.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with curls either. I do them here and there like when I feel like extras. I really want the 170k an was all geared for it this week but I will rest a few days now which is not a bad thing. Forced rest period I guess.

Nik Nichols 08-21-2013 07:09 AM

A.M. warm up

30 situps
20 GHDs
20 back ext
10 kip pullups
10 HSPUs
10 wide C2B dead hangs
20 squat( tough)
20 push ups

rolled my back 2:00min
rolled piriformis 2:00min a side
rolled hip flexers 1:00min a side
cal stretch 1:00min a side

rolled right lower quad( where I hit it) 2:00min

the squats were tough and I was favoring my good leg but was able to get some ROM to the sore leg.

Rolling it was REALLY painful and took it easy 9 thanks Scott for putting the idea in my head;) )

My legt is sore, but not as sore as yesterday, it is a little swollen and puffy but ok. Had to get a full squat in it and I am limping but It seems that it is just really brused up. So a few days I'll be after it again.

Nik Nichols 08-21-2013 07:10 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1188357]Glad to hear, it will again be better tomorrow and maybe the extra rest from squatting will push you to that 170k!! Nothing wrong with curls, I have been doing them when I feel I need some extras.[/QUOTE]

Oh and my ultimate goal is 182k by the end of the year.

Scott Jenkins 08-21-2013 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1188365]Oh and my ultimate goal is 182k by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Your killing me, THAT'S 4 WHEELS EACH SIDE