CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   South side of Atlanta? (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=43274)

Sarah Heath 02-24-2009 01:20 PM

South side of Atlanta?

Specifically the Stockbridge, McDonough, Rex, Elllenwood, Locust Grove area. I'm new to Crossfit. I'd like help with learning the lifts. There are tons of Crossfit affliates North of I-20. They are too far away. Is there a list of pending affliates that I could look at to see if something is closer? Or does anyone know of any small local gyms that are more cross fit friendly than the Globo gyms?

Or anyone that would be willing to help me learn a few of the lifts? I've already had the "trainer" at my globo gym tell me I was doing my pullups incorrectly. They were not full Range of motion.

:thanx:
Sarah

Trae Wiggins 05-08-2009 03:55 PM

Re: South side of Atlanta?

Myself and a few buddies have recently started. About 5 in all, but mosst of us can't workout together. We'd love to get together with any CFers on the southside. Most of us are in Stockbridge and a couple in Clayton. If all goes well I am hoping to get a gym up and rolling after the first of the '10 year. Email me.

Shane Upchurch 05-11-2009 09:30 AM

Sarah, could you not come in to one of the affiliates inside the perimeter just for a day? Then we could work on the lifts you need help with and run you through a quick wod. I train at CF North Atlanta and we'd be more than happy to help you however we can.

I am sometimes in the area though, my parents live in Locust Grove, but Im not sure how your gym would like me coming in and training you, especially not being a member myself.

Sarah Heath 05-12-2009 03:37 AM

[QUOTE=Shane Upchurch;586305]Sarah, could you not come in to one of the affiliates inside the perimeter just for a day? Then we could work on the lifts you need help with and run you through a quick wod. I train at CF North Atlanta and we'd be more than happy to help you however we can.

I am sometimes in the area though, my parents live in Locust Grove, but Im not sure how your gym would like me coming in and training you, especially not being a member myself.[/QUOTE]

Working on it, my saturdays are pretty busy most weeks. However I need to make the time.

Shane Upchurch 05-12-2009 09:38 AM

Yea, if you can find just one day to come in then we can see what you need help with and maybe figure out a program that will work into your schedule. It doesnt necessarily have to be 3-5 times a week, you can workout on your own like you have been, but maybe we can work it out so you come in 2 or 3 times in one month and we can work on whatever lifts you need help with. Something like that. Until an affiliate pops up down there anyhow.