CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 10-21-2010 02:52 AM

Re: Nik

That's a strong Thruster Nik, above my current PR, although last Friday I got a 100k push press accidentally while trying to jerk :D

Nik Nichols 10-21-2010 06:21 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;858192]That's a strong Thruster Nik, above my current PR, although last Friday I got a 100k push press accidentally while trying to jerk :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I mached my old pr, but just couldnt press out the last bit. Shoulders were the weekness. But I'm real happy with it, I did more weight total.

Accidently push press 100K that is funny. I accidently drop bars, not press hugh!

Nik Nichols 10-21-2010 06:26 AM

"Brenton"

Five rounds for time of:
Bear crawl 100 feet
Standing broad-jump, 100 feet

With 20pound vest
time13:30

didn't stop but once on the secon bear crawl, it cought me by suprise at how much harder the second round was on the crawl stopped once. Then all the crawls were slow, but unbroken.

Burpees were a bump even with a vest, it was only 3 reps.

Jumps were slow and as big as I could get.

No gaming just go. My goal was just to keep at it as fast I could. But broad jumps were slow, hop reset hop. The vest made it just a bit tricky.

Thank you Brenton for your service, God rest your soul and bless your familly.

Scott Jenkins 10-21-2010 07:08 AM

Nice work Nik, your plan of just pushing through sounds like the way to go. Looks like bear crawls with a vest would severely tax the core.

Great programming I must add as with broad jump workouts people tend to not go for max distance and with the burpees after every 5 it makes everyone want to get more distance out of each jump.

Nik Nichols 10-21-2010 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;858240]Nice work Nik, your plan of just pushing through sounds like the way to go. Looks like bear crawls with a vest would severely tax the core.

Great programming I must add as with broad jump workouts people tend to not go for max distance and with the burpees after every 5 it makes everyone want to get more distance out of each jump.[/QUOTE]

You are right on the programming, that is exactly what I did, pushed the jumps to save on burpees.

Nik Nichols 10-21-2010 08:27 AM

10:00 break
rolled my back 5min

Lower back is a little tired, I guess the burpees and vest got to it all though I didn't feel anything during the workout.

Scott Jenkins 10-21-2010 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;858283]10:00 break
rolled my back 5min

Lower back is a little tired, I guess the burpees and vest got to it all though I didn't feel anything during the workout.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes broad jumps can irritate the back with the jolt on the landings, its the sort of irritation that goes away quickly so hopefully you will be good for tomorrow Nik, just keep those muscles loose with some heat.

Nik Nichols 10-21-2010 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;858290]Sometimes broad jumps can irritate the back with the jolt on the landings, its the sort of irritation that goes away quickly so hopefully you will be good for tomorrow Nik, just keep those muscles loose with some heat.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, it really isn't anything, minor disscomfort is all, a little streching will do it. It could have been the broad jump too, I really don't know, nothing hurt during the workout, just a bit sore now.

Nik Nichols 10-21-2010 11:09 AM

Lunch

3x3 deadlift at 275 pounds, That is the first time I have deadlift in 2 months. That is about all I wanted.

I was going to front and back squat but my shoulder blad muscle stung and i didnt see going on was good.

I also do a run DU thing. I will have to mesure the distance of the run, but it was 25 DU's run, at the turn arround do 50 DU's run and 25 DUs.

Time was 8:41

Nik Nichols 10-21-2010 01:27 PM

3:00 break
30 deadhang pullups with 30pound vest
time 4:32

I was going to do some snach work, but I have a bad attitude today and just didn't have the intinsity to be explosive as I wanted to be.