CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Laurie Smith 08-18-2010 03:30 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;829754]Oh Nice. Let me know what you think of it. Any tips that you come across , pass it on.

I was just giving you crap on the rest day. I use to not take them, and I burned out. So no matter how good I feel I really try to take them. I still end up with a workout here and ther on a rest day.

Exactly. It isn't the exercize that builds muscle, it is the recovery. .[/QUOTE]

The dvd is supposed to help you learn and teach the lifts. I can't wait to watch it.

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 03:31 PM

quick extras

Front squats 3x3 @ 190lbs

Felt good. It felt lighter each round.

Nik Nichols 08-18-2010 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;829760]The dvd is supposed to help you learn and teach the lifts. I can't wait to watch it.[/QUOTE]

let me know what you think of it.

Nik Nichols 08-19-2010 06:45 AM

A.M. warm up
20 ghds
20 back ext 40lbs.

Man my hams are sore. They are always sore now. I wonder why. No matter what I do they are sore. I'll be rolling the lower back glutes hams today for sure.

Marianne Urbanski 08-19-2010 06:47 AM

Whats up for today? you taking rest day?

Scott Jenkins 08-19-2010 06:49 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;830086]A.M. warm up
20 ghds
20 back ext 40lbs.

Man my hams are sore. They are always sore now. I wonder why. No matter what I do they are sore. I'll be rolling the lower back glutes hams today for sure.[/QUOTE]

My hams are very sore also, its actually affecting my left knee which has stopped me back squatting today. Its from the sprints Nik, lots of hamstring power used in them, combine that with the wall ball/squat snatch Monday you got sore hamstrings like almost everyone else doing main page.

Nik Nichols 08-19-2010 06:52 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;830091]My hams are very sore also, its actually affecting my left knee which has stopped me back squatting today. Its from the sprints Nik, lots of hamstring power used in them, combine that with the wall ball/squat snatch Monday you got sore hamstrings like almost everyone else doing main page.[/QUOTE]

Man that is good to hear. I forget from day to day and wonder why I'm so sore. I was starting to wonder if there wasn't something wrong back there. i keep telling myself we do alot of legs and I'm supose to be sore.

I also have been working on a minor bad for issue where my knees go in on heavy lifting, squats of any kind, and deads. So I'm doing good form now and I tell myself my hams are getting work they never have befor.

Scott Jenkins 08-19-2010 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;830098]Man that is good to hear. I forget from day to day and wonder why I'm so sore. I was starting to wonder if there wasn't something wrong back there. i keep telling myself we do alot of legs and I'm supose to be sore.

I also have been working on a minor bad for issue where my knees go in on heavy lifting, squats of any kind, and deads. So I'm doing good form now and I tell myself my hams are getting work they never have befor.[/QUOTE]

You also still do a lot of extra's Nik, you forget my daily gym visit is over in one go, if you typed all what you do in a day in one entry you would see your doing more than most people or nearly all people so soreness is going to happen.

Nik Nichols 08-19-2010 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;830090]Whats up for today? you taking rest day?[/QUOTE]

Streching and rolling for me. Maybe burpees and DU's, maybe.

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;830115]You also still do a lot of extra's Nik, you forget my daily gym visit is over in one go, if you typed all what you do in a day in one entry you would see your doing more than most people or nearly all people so soreness is going to happen.[/QUOTE]

I guess. I don't seee it like that. I see my breaks as little bits. I never think of volume in a day. You are right.

It goes back to so much to build on and keep up with . Good point.

Nik Nichols 08-19-2010 08:36 AM

10:00 break

rolling
12min rolling glutes,IT band, hams, left calf
quick break and did about 10 feet rope climp in L position.

2 min rolling left shoulder.