CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Jay Rhodes 05-10-2010 04:20 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;781890]I'm thinking about taking the week off. My left shoulder and arm are really sore and weak. I'll see how I feel tomorow.[/QUOTE]

Take it. You're body is telling you something.
You'll be surprised at how refreshed you'll feel after a few solid days of rest, and I know you'll be itching to get back at it, so maybe you'll even come back with a few PR's, who knows!

Scott Jenkins 05-11-2010 05:03 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;781888]Seven rounds for time of:
10 Handstand push-ups
45lb dumbbells Squat clean, 10 reps
10 L-pull-ups

heavily scaled.

HSPU's to abmatt
cleans with 40lbs DB's(no 45's)
''L'' pull's RX'd

time 34:45

HSPU's were aweful. I broke them all up. I tried to keep the breaks short, but it didn't take long for failure.

Cleans unbroken

''L'' pull's all singles.

This was an exercize in endurance. I wanted to stop, but finished it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a war you had on this one Nik, real tough looking WOD great work getting through 70 HSPU's. Rest that shoulder today, it is a rest day after all, if anything keep it to legs only.

Nik Nichols 05-11-2010 06:11 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;781900]Tomorrow is a rest day anyways...maybe you should take it? :o[/QUOTE]
Done. nothing going on today but foam rolling. I will see how I feel tomorow.
[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;782023]Take it. You're body is telling you something.
You'll be surprised at how refreshed you'll feel after a few solid days of rest, and I know you'll be itching to get back at it, so maybe you'll even come back with a few PR's, who knows![/QUOTE]
You are right. It is just SO FREAKIN hard to not workout. I love it. I am truly addicted to it. To miss a week would suck to no end. But I think i need it. I keep trying to tell myself to go low intensity for a week, but I know I would go all out anyway. It is an excese to myself to keep workoing out.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;782227]Looks like a war you had on this one Nik, real tough looking WOD great work getting through 70 HSPU's. Rest that shoulder today, it is a rest day after all, if anything keep it to legs only.[/QUOTE]

It was tough, My shoulder hurt from the first rep, and my bicep was hurting from the first pullup, I started with singles on the pullups, I usually get 3 or more on the first go.

But the squat cleans were real good. I got a rythum for it. It was almost like a 2hand KB swing with a shoulder shrug and jump. I'd catch the clean stand up drop (swing) the DB's down and swing them back up for the next rep. No breaks at all. It was great.

Still thinking of a break. My shoulder and arm are not getting better. I'm also thinking of going with a strwenth cycle. I'm adding in so much heavy with the mainpage I think it is breaking me down. That and alot of stress in my life right now. Sleep is good, food is good during the week, more carbs and not enough calories during the weekend.

Scott Jenkins 05-11-2010 06:18 AM

Yes you got to rest today Nik, sounds like it will break you down more and more until you do and also stop worrying about resting as that will stress you even more. You could ask Leon about the programming, could be good for you to do something different for a month or two then come back to main page, there's a lot of talk about the OPT programming at the regional and a lot of successful people there who are using it.

Nik Nichols 05-11-2010 08:02 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;782251]Yes you got to rest today Nik, sounds like it will break you down more and more until you do and also stop worrying about resting as that will stress you even more. You could ask Leon about the programming, could be good for you to do something different for a month or two then come back to main page, there's a lot of talk about the OPT programming at the regional and a lot of successful people there who are using it.[/QUOTE]

Will do Scott. I have though about doing some strenth work, but I never felt ready to stop the main page, it has brough me this far. I either need to be strict mainpage of do a month of strenth work like you said.

Scott Jenkins 05-11-2010 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;782319]Will do Scott. I have though about doing some strenth work, but I never felt ready to stop the main page, it has brough me this far. I either need to be strict mainpage of do a month of strenth work like you said.[/QUOTE]

Im going to have a look into the OPT training and just use some of he's ideas as additions to main page, like the unbroken sets rules. You pick something like for example 21 swings at 1.5 pood and do 3 sets unbroken with a set rest time. The programming is too complex for me to totally switch too. I think a heavy month off the main page would definately benefit you, you should ask Leon what he thinks also as he may suggest a little longer to get the proper benefit.

Nik Nichols 05-11-2010 08:10 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;782323]Im going to have a look into the OPT training and just use some of he's ideas as additions to main page, like the unbroken sets rules. You pick something like for example 21 swings at 1.5 pood and do 3 sets unbroken with a set rest time. The programming is too complex for me to totally switch too. I think a heavy month off the main page would definately benefit you, you should ask Leon what he thinks also as he may suggest a little longer to get the proper benefit.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was adding in some lenier progression work of 3x3 of squats, deads, presses. It was going well, saw some gains, but it is alot with the main page and G2G on stuff i need to work. I need to focus. That and i don't want to loose the metcon abelity I have started to gain. So many aspects to work on.:shrug:

Laurie Smith 05-11-2010 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;782324]Yea, I was adding in some lenier progression work of 3x3 of squats, deads, presses. It was going well, saw some gains, but it is alot with the main page and G2G on stuff i need to work. I need to focus. That and i don't want to loose the metcon abelity I have started to gain. So many aspects to work on.:shrug:[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel Nik. :(

Nik Nichols 05-11-2010 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;782340]I know how you feel Nik. :([/QUOTE]

Sucks to be me!!:D

Nik Nichols 05-11-2010 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;782251]Yes you got to rest today Nik, sounds like it will break you down more and more until you do and also stop worrying about resting as that will stress you even more. You could ask Leon about the programming, could be good for you to do something different for a month or two then come back to main page, there's a lot of talk about the OPT programming at the regional and a lot of successful people there who are using it.[/QUOTE]

Stress is a big part of it all. That and my arm is hurting.

Right now at work I'm the only one in my section, Brady helps out when he can. We dropped everyone for the economy. Now it is ticping up(thank God) and I have more then I can do most days. It is heavy. Also I can't take any time off other then the weekends. I haven't had a holiday sense Martin was born 3 years ago. it is a bit of a tough time. But I just want my arm to stop hurting.