CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 03-15-2010 08:19 AM

Re: Nik

10:00 break/warm up
30 GHD's
30 Back ext 30lbs
30 reverse hypers

3sets 10pullups, Pullups were hard today, yesterday soreness
1set 20, 1set 10abmattsitups 25lbs plate overhead

3sets 10 ring dips
3set10 squats
3sets 5reps OHS with75lbs (weight left on the bar, i just grabbed it)

Nick Harris 03-15-2010 08:25 AM

Nice workout Nik, I hope you're well.

Nik Nichols 03-15-2010 11:19 AM

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
15 Back extensions
15 Knees to elbows on rings
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps

Pre warmup 30 Camille pushups
DU practice
30 OHS with PVC

7rounds and time enough to get to the backext rack

OHS's in sets of 5 with resting bar on my back for first 4 round
last 3 round unbroken

Back ext unbroken

K2E on ring all but one set unbroken

Loved it.

Scott Jenkins 03-15-2010 12:15 PM

Looks like a great score and all those K2E's unbroken is brilliant , your a proper ring monkey, glad you enjoyed it also Nik, just shows when were feeling down about injuries that just a few days away is a great training day, that should keep us positive in the future.

Ernie Guevara 03-15-2010 12:41 PM

Good score there nik! And you were affraid of the ohs, you can accomplish anything without fear! I wish I could have done this on against you guys but my body is all torn up lol. Gonna have fun streching and rollng myself tonight.

Nik Nichols 03-15-2010 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;753666]Looks like a great score and all those K2E's unbroken is brilliant , your a proper ring monkey, glad you enjoyed it also Nik, just shows when were feeling down about injuries that just a few days away is a great training day, that should keep us positive in the future.[/QUOTE]
True Scott, My back was a little sore this morning, but right now it feels great, i just have to take it easy for a wile more so I'm sure it is ok. I have to slow down on so much heavy work in one week. I have to watch the extras.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;753678]Good score there nik! And you were affraid of the ohs, you can accomplish anything without fear! I wish I could have done this on against you guys but my body is all torn up lol. Gonna have fun streching and rollng myself tonight.[/QUOTE]

You are right Ernie. Now that you say it, I see it's effect. I started the workout with sets of 5 already in mind to be sure to keep my breaks small. But in the end I didn't need them at all. I will have to watch that. it snuck in on me to do sets and I shouldn't have. I have to be more sure of my lifts, and go at it harder.

Elizabeth Terris 03-15-2010 09:41 PM

Nice work on today's WOD Nik! I can't do the snakey back extension thingys very quickly. Or the knees to elbows for that matter. Solid going!

Laurie Smith 03-16-2010 08:18 AM

My overheads were horrible. For the most part I was able to get at least 5 reps before having to rest..mostly 8.

Nick Harris 03-16-2010 08:37 AM

Very strong WOD's Nik, nice weighted pullups!

Marianne Urbanski 03-16-2010 09:34 AM

Awesome work lately, Nik.. hope the back is holding out. How did those back extensions feel? sometimes I find they help, and sometimes they are horrible. 15 isn't so bad at a time though. I can't believe how well you are pushing through things with your back!! Keep the spirit! :highfive: