CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Elizabeth Terris 02-18-2009 07:49 AM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

Nice work and add snow to the mix and you must be one tired dude today!

Stephen R. Lampl 02-18-2009 05:10 PM

[quote=Elizabeth Terris;521079]Nice work and add snow to the mix and you must be one tired dude today![/quote]

Thanks, ET! Actually, I wasn't too tired this a.m. when I got up. Decided I'd be "green" today and just shovel - - no snowblowing, since only about 4" fell last night. WRONG......it was all wet snow - - sun was out and all was melting. Gawd, that stuff was [I][B]heavy![/B][/I]

Then I was dumb and went to the gym and did "Fran." NOW I'm tired!

Stephen R. Lampl 02-18-2009 05:29 PM

[I][B]WEDNESDAY 090218

More snow overnight......had a "green streak" in me today, so no snow blowing....just shoveling. 4" of wet snow....about 400 cu ft. Geez, that stuff was h e a v y!

Warm-up:
Stationary cycling: [/B]10:00 / L3 /100 RPM / 2.6. mi / HR 106
[B]Stretching:[/B] about 7:30.
[B]Shoulder Dislocates X 10
Body Circles X 5 (each direction).
Arm circles
PVC Thrusters X 10
45# Thrusters X 15

WOD: "Fran"
21 - 15 - 9 of
95# Thrusters
Pull-ups
Time = 11:33. First time as Rx'd. [/B](Wish I'd broken 10:00, but I won't complain.....at least I completed it!).

[B]Cool down....[/B](waited about 10 min before doing this - - felt "antsy" and tight after doing Fran....)
[B]Elliptical trainer: [/B]15:00 / L5 / 90 RPM / HR about 140 (easy/moderate). Really helped me to loosen up....
[/I]

Carter Jee 02-19-2009 12:40 AM

good work on fran as RXed...

its a buzz when you do a workout as rxed...

the time will go down as you keep working hard...

hmmm..... i think coach knew you needed the virtual shovelling WOD so programmed it in before the snow hit!!!

i've never been in the snow, i'm more of a beach bum!!!

carter

Stephen R. Lampl 02-19-2009 01:00 AM

[quote=Carter Jee;521818]good work on fran as RXed...

its a buzz when you do a workout as rxed...

the time will go down as you keep working hard...

hmmm..... i think coach knew you needed the virtual shovelling WOD so programmed it in before the snow hit!!!

i've never been in the snow, i'm more of a beach bum!!!

carter[/quote]

Thanks, Carter. Hard to believe there are guys my age (or near to it) who can turn in sub-5 minute times on Fran......Geez! My endurance and stamina need a bit of work, but the kipping needs more......I'm so grossly inefficient at it. If I can chain some of them together, it'll drop my time substantially.....

Is there anywhere high enough in Australia where you do get snow? I know there's tons of it in New Zealand, but that still is a bit of a trek just to get to snow......

Both the wife and I grew up close to the beach in southern California. We also used to love going up to the mountains nearby (about an hour and a half away back then), so it was a no-brainer to have moved here.....

Blair Robert Lowe 02-19-2009 01:55 AM

Nice rx'd Fran time Stephen. I haven't been tracking your log but though I would take a looksie.

Clearing snow is a helluva WOD.

Christin Street 02-19-2009 04:15 AM

Sorry it's been awhile, Steve! Congrats on your first rxd Fran! That's a huge accomplishment. And getting a couple of DUs in a row! Nice. You've got me beat there. Keep up the good stuff! When's your cert?

Carter Jee 02-19-2009 04:44 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;521823]Is there anywhere high enough in Australia where you do get snow? I know there's tons of it in New Zealand, but that still is a bit of a trek just to get to snow......

Both the wife and I grew up close to the beach in southern California. We also used to love going up to the mountains nearby (about an hour and a half away back then), so it was a no-brainer to have moved here.....[/QUOTE]

not in western australia... i think it snowed here twice.... and that was in the highest spot in the southwest...there's world class snow ski resorts over in the east coast where the blue mountains area. also in tasmania (tiny island off the south east coast of mainland australia).

we're all striving for a sub-5 fran.... we'll get there eventually...

Justin McGinley 02-19-2009 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;521578]

WOD: "Fran"
21 - 15 - 9 of
95# Thrusters
Pull-ups
Time = 11:33. First time as Rx'd. [/B](Wish I'd broken 10:00, but I won't complain.....at least I completed it!).[/QUOTE]

HOLY :censored:

Your progress recently is amazing.

I am so proud of you!

Bob Sorensen 02-19-2009 09:19 AM

Steve, I've decided I'm not giong to age quietly either! Good to read your early posts and realize I'm not the only one trying to overcome pitiful, tho that's the way I feel now. Keep it up there!