CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 11-17-2008 07:16 PM

Re: The Bassman's Log (Steve Lampl)

[U][B]Monday, 11/17/08[/B][/U][B]:

[I]HAMMY REHAB DAY #7. [/I][/B][I]Had an early WO day so I could take my honey to her follow-up DR. appt. for her broken shoulder. Not used to working out so dog gone early..........[B]Blech!!!!![/B]
[/I][B][I]
Warm-up:
Stationary Cycling.
[/I][/B][I]10:00 / L3 / 100 RPM / 2.6 mi / HR to 104.
[B]CFWU X 3.[/B] Added in 25# Db swings. Pull-ups were 3, 2, 2.
[B]Easy 1 Km Row. [/B](Not timed). Pace about 2:35 - 2:45 per 500m.

[B]WOD: "Helen"
3 rounds for time of:
400m run
21 of 55#/1.5 Pood Db/Kb Swings
12 pull-ups.
[/B]
[B]Done as "Rowing Helen"
3 rounds for time of:
500m Row
21 of 35# Db swings [/B](Initially tried 55#, but could feel more pull in messed-up hamstrings than I thought was safe...)
[B]12 Jumping Pull-ups
Time: 16:46. [/B]Included going up/down stairs from rower to pull-up station and having to wait once (est 1 min or so) for pull-up bar in use at the time.
[B]Row splits: [/B](Really happy with these!)
[B]1:58
2:05
2:11
[/B][B]
Note:[/B] This was first "Helen" for me. The third round had me seeing "green spots" in front of my eyes and hoping I didn't fall down the stairs before I could walk down to the other equipment!! Helen is a bad girl!!!! (But I love her!!).

[B]Other Stuff:
Jump Rope/Double Under Practice. [/B]Approx. 15:00. [B]Got 4 DUs!! Woo-hoo! [/B](Not consecutive....), but I didn't trip myself and fall on my "hee-haw" either!! :rofl::D

[B]GTG Pull-ups: 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 20! [/B]They're atarting to come in threes! Yay!

[B]Hamstring Rehab/Squat Therapy: [/B]Used Dynamax ball for depth and worked really hard to keep weight over my heels, maintain lumbar curve, and keep tight core/activated glutes.
[B]10 X 10. [/B]Attempted to lift toes off ground on each rep. Even fell back onto DMax ball a couple of times, so this must be working!!! Felt good and strong!

[/I]

Margo Fullingim 11-18-2008 08:48 AM

Dang Steve!!! You are doing awesome!!!!!

Bob Guere 11-18-2008 08:53 AM

[quote=Margo Fullingim;449305]Dang Steve!!! You are doing awesome!!!!![/quote]

Ditto! Great work the last few days. Way to stick with the re-hab and the pullups are solid!

Justin McGinley 11-18-2008 09:40 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;448921]
[B]GTG Pull-ups: 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 20! [/B]They're atarting to come in threes! Yay!
[/QUOTE]

Now the fun begins. Keep this up and you'll be doing 10, 15 and 20 at a time. It is crazy how pull ups go from so hard, to so easy.

Stephen R. Lampl 11-18-2008 11:55 AM

[quote=Margo Fullingim;449305]Dang Steve!!! You are doing awesome!!!!![/quote]

Margo,

Thank you so much for the encouragement!! Best to you and yours and say hi for me to the Rdg CF bunch!!

[quote=Bob Guere;449309]Ditto! Great work the last few days. Way to stick with the re-hab and the pullups are solid![/quote]

Thanks, Bob! So, do we (yes, I have a mouse in my pocket!) have a name for the affiliate yet?

[quote=Justin McGinley;449346]Now the fun begins. Keep this up and you'll be doing 10, 15 and 20 at a time. It is crazy how pull ups go from so hard, to so easy.[/quote]

Thanks, Justin. It is weird - - about the pull-ups. Now.......if I can EVER learn to kip. That just looks like fun!

Bob Guere 11-18-2008 11:57 AM

[quote=Stephen R. Lampl;449508]Thanks, Bob! So, do we (yes, I have a mouse in my pocket!) have a name for the affiliate yet?
[/quote]

Yep, CrossFit California City it is! Logo is on my blog! Insurance will be paid today and the paperwork will be on it's way!

Christin Street 11-18-2008 11:59 AM

Excellent job with Helen, Steve! Yep, she's a biatch, fo sho! WOW on your rowing splits!!:notworth:
Congrats on the PUs too!!!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-18-2008 12:01 PM

[U][B]Monday 11/17/08 "addendum"....[/B][/U]

[B][I]P.M.[/I][/B]

[I]Iced hamstrings and right knee (10:00 each site).
Hamstring stretches.
Self-administered deep tissue massage on R/quads just proximal to knee - approx. 20 min. Lots of adhesions......

A little fun......
Leg lifts - - 125 (unbroken)
sit-ups - 75 and stopped (sore butt from seam in shorts - - need a better sit-up mat!)
Planks: 3:00 / 3:00 / 2:33. Tried to make 3 min each time - - last one gave out. Definitely more difficult AFTER situps/leg lifts!
[/I]

Stephen R. Lampl 11-18-2008 12:04 PM

[quote=Christin Street;449518]Excellent job with Helen, Steve! Yep, she's a biatch, fo sho! WOW on your rowing splits!!:notworth:
Congrats on the PUs too!!![/quote]

Thanks, Christin! I was sure glad for the "little rest" and walk between the rower and pull-up station. As I mentioned to someone in another thread, I staggered like an old gunslinger who taken a few too many slugs in the gut!

Elizabeth Terris 11-18-2008 12:05 PM

Nice Rowing Helen! I had a knee problem for a while (which feels like it is coming back) and I had to do rowing Helen to avoid the runs. OH MY POSTERIOR CHAIN! There was no rest for it with Rowing Helen.

Great job on the pull ups and Hamstring rehab!