CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   WOD of the day????? Really? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=88047)

Ivan Wolfe 12-04-2014 08:43 AM

WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Sorry - I just saw a website that posted a "WOD of the day."

Had to vent.

Grrr. Arrgh.

RAGE AGAINST THE HEAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Smith brianisrighthere 12-04-2014 08:56 AM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan Wolfe (Post 1245779)
Sorry - I just saw a website that posted a "WOD of the day."

Had to vent.

Grrr. Arrgh.

RAGE AGAINST THE HEAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first response was, "What's wrong with this guy? Chill out." Then I read re-read it. Yeah that's bad. "Today's WOD" would sound much less absurd.

Jason Rahm 12-04-2014 04:00 PM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Reminds me of a Daniel Tosh bit where he wants to have a restaurant called Thank You for Calling, How Can I Help You. That way the employees have to answer phone calls "thanks you for calling thank you for calling how can I help you how can I help you"

Mark E. Wallace 12-04-2014 09:27 PM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Rahm (Post 1245811)
Reminds me of a Daniel Tosh bit where he wants to have a restaurant called Thank You for Calling, How Can I Help You. That way the employees have to answer phone calls "thanks you for calling thank you for calling how can I help you how can I help you"

I want to have a chain of restaurants themed such as:

- "You decide. I picked last time."
- "Some place where I can get a salad."
- "Anywhere but Chinese."
- "Some place quick. I have a 1:00."

and so on.

- Mark

Jason Rahm 12-05-2014 03:20 PM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace (Post 1245826)
I want to have a chain of restaurants themed such as:

- "You decide. I picked last time."
- "Some place where I can get a salad."
- "Anywhere but Chinese."
- "Some place quick. I have a 1:00."

and so on.

- Mark

Don't forget "I don't know, what sounds good to you?"

Miles Roberts 12-08-2014 08:36 AM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
When you use the ATM Machine, please enter your PIN number.

etc. etc. etc.

Ivan Wolfe 12-08-2014 01:44 PM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles Roberts (Post 1245940)
When you use the ATM Machine, please enter your PIN number.

etc. etc. etc.

Give me an estimated ETA.

I need your vehicle's VIN number.

etc. etc. etc.

All of those drive me crazy.

Of course, I teach English.

Jeremy Lockhart 12-08-2014 06:00 PM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Kind of like "The Los Angeles Angels" which translates to The The Angels Angels. :)

Ivan Wolfe 12-10-2014 10:36 PM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Lockhart (Post 1245967)
Kind of like "The Los Angeles Angels" which translates to The The Angels Angels. :)

Or maybe it translates to "Los The Angels Angeles"! :D

Tighe Crovetti 12-11-2014 09:23 AM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace (Post 1245826)
I want to have a chain of restaurants themed such as:

- "You decide. I picked last time."
- "Some place where I can get a salad."
- "Anywhere but Chinese."
- "Some place quick. I have a 1:00."

and so on.

- Mark

I spun the idea of opening a family restaurant called "We'll See." When the kids are bugging the crap out of you about where you're going for dinner, the parents just reply, "we'll see...."

Bill Walker 01-03-2015 05:01 PM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
12 pm noon is a favorite of mine.

But consider the term "Squat Clean" lol.

Clint Harris 01-07-2015 11:23 PM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
How about when they write 10! on the board. That's over 3 million reps.....

Mark E. Wallace 01-07-2015 11:25 PM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint Harris (Post 1247240)
How about when they write 10! on the board. That's over 3 million reps.....

Yeah. So? You've been doing it that way, right?

- Mark

Clint Harris 01-08-2015 12:38 AM

Re: WOD of the day????? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace (Post 1247241)
Yeah. So? You've been doing it that way, right?

- Mark

I try, but I suffer from crossfit-brain and lose count at about rep 37 where I get crossfit-brain and lose count


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.