CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-12-2010 02:34 PM

Re: Nik

3:00 break

10min 2 reps on the min every min 2 muscleups with 8pound chain arround my waist

firsty muscle up dead hang, second kip with wrist flick

Missed 2 sets so it took 12 trys to get 10 solid sets. Felt really good wvwn with the extra weight.

the misses I think were more on not being focused and a little fatigued. The last few(3or4) sets the first MU was low in the transition, i had to fight a bit to get into it.

Nik Nichols 11-13-2010 07:41 PM

I did the mobility workout yesterday night, it was rough, that was the feet bottoms together weighted knees and lay back. Did pretty well but I couldn't relax into it 100%.

rolling my glutes on the bar was rough.

This morning I did 30 min streching my legs on a stool all in 2 or 3 min sessions. Calf streches, hip streches quad streches.

Scott Jenkins 11-14-2010 08:11 AM

Those muscle ups sound great with the chain , going to make the normal ones easy after that. You going to still hit Nancy this weekend?

Nik Nichols 11-15-2010 07:20 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;867573]Those muscle ups sound great with the chain , going to make the normal ones easy after that. You going to still hit Nancy this weekend?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't do Nancy, I had the bar ect, but there was so much going on that it really was imposible. Cathy fell in love with the truck this weekend and was gon in both sat and sun. Best I could do was the Mobility workout.

Did you do that weighted leg lay back thing? Rolling my legs like that with the bar wes rough.

Nik Nichols 11-15-2010 07:21 AM

A.M. warm up
30 reps each
GHD's
Back ext no weight(to lazy to get a weight)
abmatt situps with 45pound plate over head
regular chest to deck pushups.

Scott Jenkins 11-15-2010 07:58 AM

I cant quite remember all the stuff from Mwod over the weekend, a lot of it gets repeated now so I generally pick out the ones that hurt me the most, especially the one where you sit on the hockey ball and cross the leg over the other one, hurts in a beyond hurting feeling that one. The calve stuff today is pretty painful also.

Nik Nichols 11-15-2010 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;867819]I cant quite remember all the stuff from Mwod over the weekend, a lot of it gets repeated now so I generally pick out the ones that hurt me the most, especially the one where you sit on the hockey ball and cross the leg over the other one, hurts in a beyond hurting feeling that one. The calve stuff today is pretty painful also.[/QUOTE]

Yea, today will be rolling my calf on a bar bell with my weight vest on my leg!

Scott Jenkins 11-15-2010 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;867823]Yea, today will be rolling my calf on a bar bell with my weight vest on my leg![/QUOTE]

Reckon you might not need the vest, its gonna make you feel sick, I used a cardboard tube on its own with no extra weight.

Nik Nichols 11-15-2010 08:39 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;867830]Reckon you might not need the vest, its gonna make you feel sick, I used a cardboard tube on its own with no extra weight.[/QUOTE]

I'll try it out with out it and see how it goes, you are probably right.

Nik Nichols 11-15-2010 09:35 AM

10:00 break, Mobility workout #85

I didn't weight rolling my calfs. I rolled on a barbell, it was really painfull on the outside calf area, on the meat of the calf I crossed my legs and used the weight of one leg on the other leg
2:30 each side
1:00 each side working my inner shin with the ball and rocking my foot back and forth.
2:00 each side rolling front hip on base ball
3min squat against the wall pushing knees out.

Scott you were right, weighting the calfs would have been unbareable.