CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 06-24-2009 11:02 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;613311]Some strong deadlifting there Nik and your doing planche's now, thats a tough hold to get, all the extra core work must be paying off.[/QUOTE]

NO, my feet were on the ground hands in the rings. I wish I could do 30 seconds. I can only mannage a couple of seconds on the rings, now that Bradymade the paralletes, we will see what I can build up to.

Elizabeth Terris 06-24-2009 11:12 PM

I like the planche work I am going to have to try that. I am trying to be strict about getting to bed before 11:00 seeing that it is a wee bit later than that... TTFN.

ET

Scott Jenkins 06-25-2009 06:19 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;427067]CFWUx3with 25lbs
Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
95 pound Thruster, 5 reps
95 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
95 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

6 rounds plus 1set thrusters,1set power cleans, only 2 sumos when time was called.

800m run[/QUOTE]

Yes you have done it before Nik I found it on your log.

Nik Nichols 06-25-2009 06:25 AM

[QUOTE=Elizabeth Terris;613690]I like the planche work I am going to have to try that. I am trying to be strict about getting to bed before 11:00 seeing that it is a wee bit later than that... TTFN.

ET[/QUOTE]

Sleep is your friend, I say that and I am looking at about 5and 1/2 hours from last night. I have got to get more sleep.

Nik Nichols 06-25-2009 06:44 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;613775]Yes you have done it before Nik I found it on your log.[/QUOTE]

How... where did you find that?!?!? I looked on the 27th of DEC. twice..... uuuggg like I said on your log I'm just not that bright.:confused:

Scott Jenkins 06-25-2009 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;613789]How... where did you find that?!?!? I looked on the 27th of DEC. twice..... uuuggg like I said on your log I'm just not that bright.:confused:[/QUOTE]

If you click on the date on main site the date before will come up. 20th October 2008, so I just went to that date on your log. Your brighter than you say Nik, you just think really fast.

Nik Nichols 06-25-2009 06:54 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;613793]If you click on the date on main site the date before will come up. 20th October 2008, so I just went to that date on your log. Your brighter than you say Nik, you just think really fast.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll take that.

Ernie Guevara 06-25-2009 08:05 AM

Hey Nik, its ok if you just bull your way through workouts and not have such a thorough strategy to them like Scott and many others do. I tend to do a little bit of both. In some wods i can figure out how long one round might take me depending on the exercises and on some wods i don't even bother thinking of it because of the combination of movements it has. I think the important thing is to go all out either way but also know how to ease up just enough to be efficient and not burn out halfway through.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Just try picturing yourself doing the workout before you actually do it to have somewhat of an idea on how to beat it.

Nik Nichols 06-25-2009 08:15 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;613833]Hey Nik, its ok if you just bull your way through workouts and not have such a thorough strategy to them like Scott and many others do. I tend to do a little bit of both. In some wods i can figure out how long one round might take me depending on the exercises and on some wods i don't even bother thinking of it because of the combination of movements it has. I think the important thing is to go all out either way but also know how to ease up just enough to be efficient and not burn out halfway through.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Just try picturing yourself doing the workout before you actually do it to have somewhat of an idea on how to beat it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ernie,even if I look at the clock to see what time the round took, I forget it as soon as I look away, I just dont retain it during the workout. It is amazing to know someone can think and calculate during a workout, I only thing about trying to keep going andf not hurt myself. I'm very simple in a workout, not by choice, but by nature.

Nik Nichols 06-25-2009 11:02 AM

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
95 pound Thruster, 5 reps
95 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
95 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

CFWU x 3 no weight, reworking form.

8 rounds at 19:50, couldn't get the bar up off the ground for a thruster.

That was tough!