CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 04-04-2009 08:29 AM

Re: Nik

Hang power clean and jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

Warm up was
10 ring pullups (dead hang)
10 ring dips
10 inverted grip dead hang pullups
30 squats
30 situps 40 lbs
30 back ext 40lbs

WOD rounds
1. 105lbs
2. 125lbs
3. 135lbs
4. 145lbs (F,F, got it up)
5. 150lbs(F,F, got it up )
6. 155lbs(F,F, got it up)
7. 160lbd(F,F,F,F,F,F went to squat clean from the ground and got it up)

I guess I'm not use to HPC's, it was really hard to clean the weight from a standing position, in the pull I didn't want to squat, I had a real problem getting low.

Vanessa Sisson 04-04-2009 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;558509]Not as bad as I thought, the OHS's were un broken, the run is what killed me.

Good luck!![/QUOTE]

Hi Nik,

I understand. SOmething about doing lower body weighted stuff and then running...OMG! Your legs feel like lead.

There's a cert at GSX this weekend so I'm going to wait and do that wod on Tuesday. I'm going to do Nicole tommorow and then rest of Monday or maybe do the clean and jerk wod from today. My schedule is ALL messed up! LOL! 65 lb OHS.....I wonder how that's going to feel after the first 3 rounds?

Nik Nichols 04-04-2009 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=Vanessa Sisson;558512]Hi Nik,

I understand. SOmething about doing lower body weighted stuff and then running...OMG! Your legs feel like lead.

There's a cert at GSX this weekend so I'm going to wait and do that wod on Tuesday. I'm going to do Nicole tommorow and then rest of Monday or maybe do the clean and jerk wod from today. My schedule is ALL messed up! LOL! 65 lb OHS.....I wonder how that's going to feel after the first 3 rounds?[/QUOTE]

At least you are fighting through all you crazyness, how is work, they getting the building sorted out?
How is school?
I bet you are suprised with it. It wasn't to bad really. I had to refocus and relax, but it wasn't that bad. I bet you don't rack the weight, I bet you get through all the reps unbroked!!!

3rd round was great because I knew I was over half way through, I was on the down hill side.

Vanessa Sisson 04-05-2009 09:15 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;558518]At least you are fighting through all you crazyness, how is work, they getting the building sorted out?
How is school?
I bet you are suprised with it. It wasn't to bad really. I had to refocus and relax, but it wasn't that bad. I bet you don't rack the weight, I bet you get through all the reps unbroked!!!

3rd round was great because I knew I was over half way through, I was on the down hill side.[/QUOTE]

Nik, we're still in temporary locations until June 1st and then we are going to a new facitlity that they are working on now. Then in 9-12 months we'll be back in the old building that they are completely overhauling. Crazy!

School is NUTS. Lots of paperwork right now. I worked on charting from 5pm-1am last night.

We'll see how I do on Nancy. I'm not sure I'll do them unbroken but it would be cool huh? I'm not sure I'm that cool. ;)

Nice work on the Clean and Jerks! I have the same problem with the HPCs. Regular power cleans seem so much easier. I think it's a mental thing for me. When you stand up and hold the weight you can feel hpow heavy it is. It's psychs me out. When it;s resting on the ground you don't feel it and don't think about it before you start the lift.

How's the back?

Nik Nichols 04-05-2009 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=Vanessa Sisson;559052]Nik, we're still in temporary locations until June 1st and then we are going to a new facitlity that they are working on now. Then in 9-12 months we'll be back in the old building that they are completely overhauling. Crazy!

School is NUTS. Lots of paperwork right now. I worked on charting from 5pm-1am last night.

We'll see how I do on Nancy. I'm not sure I'll do them unbroken but it would be cool huh? I'm not sure I'm that cool. ;)

Nice work on the Clean and Jerks! I have the same problem with the HPCs. Regular power cleans seem so much easier. I think it's a mental thing for me. When you stand up and hold the weight you can feel hpow heavy it is. It's psychs me out. When it;s resting on the ground you don't feel it and don't think about it before you start the lift.

How's the back?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think you are right on the HPC's, I thought it was that i wasn't generating enough force from standing like i would from the ground. But I had a real problem squating under it, I just couldn't get low enough even for a power clean, just something about it. Psychs me out to, like I caqn't commit to getting under it.
I can squat clean all day, I like it, but power clean is just hard. It sucks because I can jerk over 200lbs on a good day, but I just caqn't clean it!!:ranting2: Oh well it will come in time, I just need to work on it more.

Glad to hear about the job being some what stable after all that mess.

Oh My back is good, sometimes sore, sometimes not. I just have to stay on my supliments to keep the arthritus at bay. No worries.

Elizabeth Terris 04-05-2009 11:11 PM

Well that was an EVIL ring WOD before some mighty heavy cleaning. Nice Nancy.

Richard Macaulay 04-06-2009 01:34 AM

[QUOTE=Elizabeth Terris;559413]Well that was an EVIL ring WOD before some mighty heavy cleaning. Nice Nancy.[/QUOTE]

Looking good Nik....working hard as always....

What supplements to taking to keep the back/joint pains away??I need them myself.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 04-06-2009 08:10 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;559436]Looking good Nik....working hard as always....

What supplements to taking to keep the back/joint pains away??I need them myself.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Conjointin, I have the hard pills I take 3 times a day, not the gel caps, but I don't know what the difference if any is. I didn't think they were doing much till I ran out!! It really works for me, and it should be easy to get, it is in all the main shopps here in the vitimin section.

Nik Nichols 04-06-2009 08:31 AM

10:00 break
just some light romanian deads 2 sets 10 85lbs to strech out my back ans 1 set 10 clean progressions with the same 85lbs.

Nick Harris 04-06-2009 10:29 AM

Good job on the lifts above Nik. Very strong man.