CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 12-07-2012 12:44 PM

Re: Nik

Friday 121207
For time:
95 pound Overhead squat, 30 reps
7 Muscle-ups
95 pound Overhead squat, 20 reps
5 Muscle-ups

time 6:59

OHSs unbroken
MUs 5 singles and then 2 reps.
second round MUs singles

OHSs killed my MUs bad.

Took to long inbetween rounds tried to throw up and didn't. Glad the OHS were ok. Not suprised on the muscle ups. Feel better then I did this morning.

Nik Nichols 12-07-2012 03:05 PM

3:00 break

jerks and squats 3 reps each

135lbs x3
165lbs x3
185lbs x3
(unload truck)
185lbs x3
(unload another truck)

last set I went jerk,jerk, miss, jerk.
to long a break inbetween sets

left knee a bit sore in the squats.

Next week is deload week, and I'm off all next week, so it looks to be a light week all around.

I guess a break is good. I am not happy with my metcons at all, and I don't feel even a little ready for the opens. Maybe the break will rest me up. I will be working out though, not a week ''off''.

Nik Nichols 12-10-2012 04:02 PM

I took the last two days off. today I did my squats.

5/3/1 deload week.
135lbs x5
185lbs x5
235lbs x5

all easy.

I did not workout. I did get an axe and got to work on a fallen tree for fire wood. So not inactive.

As I said, I'm off this week. so I will post up and check on you guys as I can. Scott. I hope the comp went well. I will check on it soon.

Scott Jenkins 12-11-2012 03:13 AM

I liked the look of that muscle up OHS workout, you could not resist a visit to the main page Nik!!

Nik Nichols 12-11-2012 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1114584]I liked the look of that muscle up OHS workout, you could not resist a visit to the main page Nik!![/QUOTE]

Yea, it was fun. Plus I have gotten back to doing MUs, I have neglected it to long and I love them. It is kind of dumb to not do them if I like them so much.

Nik Nichols 12-11-2012 11:09 AM

I tried to make it up to Crossfit Rockwall for the workout today but missed out. I will work something in later.

Went out and hit my daily( deload ) squat.
bar x3
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1

easy.

Selby Brighton 12-12-2012 04:33 AM

sounds like s punishing regime. But after a year of injuries due to schedule like this I would recommend not over doing it. . .I was advised that if you want to get off to a good start in the [URL="http://topcalendar.co.uk/calendar-2013"]2013 calendar[/URL] (particularly after a punishing Christmas over eating) then review your workout more regularly. . . maybe to start with reduce the weight and increase the reps ?

Nik Nichols 12-13-2012 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Selby Brighton;1115239]sounds like s punishing regime. But after a year of injuries due to schedule like this I would recommend not over doing it. . .I was advised that if you want to get off to a good start in the [URL="http://topcalendar.co.uk/calendar-2013"]2013 calendar[/URL] (particularly after a punishing Christmas over eating) then review your workout more regularly. . . maybe to start with reduce the weight and increase the reps ?[/QUOTE]

What makes you think I will be over eating at the holidays? Or eating bad for that matter?

So on my strenght work(squats,deads, press, cleans, ect) I sould go lighter and do more reps? How will I gain strength doing that?

My injurys have been my own mistake, not over training injurys.

Scott Jenkins 12-13-2012 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1115896]What makes you think I will be over eating at the holidays? Or eating bad for that matter?

So on my strenght work(squats,deads, press, cleans, ect) I sould go lighter and do more reps? How will I gain strength doing that?

My injurys have been my own mistake, not over training injurys.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Glad I waited, was tempted to answer for you yesterday, all I could think was you had discussed some unknown injury privately and I did not know about it.

Yes not everybody eats wrong at Christmas, its a great way of eating more MEAT MEAT MEAT which aids training and helps you re-build more muscle.

Nik Nichols 12-14-2012 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1115914]:rofl: Glad I waited, was tempted to answer for you yesterday, all I could think was you had discussed some unknown injury privately and I did not know about it.

Yes not everybody eats wrong at Christmas, its a great way of eating more MEAT MEAT MEAT which aids training and helps you re-build more muscle.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I mean there will be plenty of meat and veg and good carbs. No need to eat bad.

About to go get some work done. I missed yesterday but eh, week off and all. Squat and deads deload and see what I can COME UP WITH LATER.