CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 01-19-2010 01:41 AM

Re: Nik

Pushing PR's with some in the tank with your legs like that is a great day , well done Nik, glad to hear the back stayed good.

Nik Nichols 01-19-2010 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;726522]Pushing PR's with some in the tank with your legs like that is a great day , well done Nik, glad to hear the back stayed good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I was happy with it, but the last time we did this was Jan a year ago, I had better be stronger!!

My back is a little tired today, but not sore. Go kill the deads today!

Nik Nichols 01-20-2010 07:27 AM

Ok, my back is a little sore still from the deads. I hope a little warmup and alot of water works it out.

Scott Jenkins 01-20-2010 07:39 AM

Sure warming up will settle it Nik, mines a bit achey in a good way also, been rolling it with my tennis ball this morning plus took some ibuprofen. Just be careful on the burpee that can give me tweaks sometimes.

Nik Nichols 01-20-2010 09:17 AM

10:00 break
Scott you are right. The warmup did my back well.
30 GHD's
21 FS's with 95lbs(no thrusters, my bicept is still sore)
30 back ext 30lbs.

Scott Jenkins 01-20-2010 10:41 AM

It was harder than I thought Nik, that vest really glues you to the floor towards the end on the burpees, good luck mate.

Nik Nichols 01-20-2010 11:43 AM

For time:
100 Burpee pull-ups

Ideally, the pull-up bar is one foot above your reach.

Pullups C2B with 20lbs vest Burppe part chest to floor

Time 19:04

all burpees except one was jump from pushup to feet, one I steped up onefoot then the other.

Scott I thought I had you, I hit 25reps in 4min, but you were right, they got slow after 50. I was sweating bullets, I even had a fan on. Pullups were the easy part.

Nik Nichols 01-20-2010 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;727351]It was harder than I thought Nik, that vest really glues you to the floor towards the end on the burpees, good luck mate.[/QUOTE]

I know it, with out the vest this would have been easy. Why oh why do I let you talk me into thease things?

Laurie Smith 01-20-2010 11:45 AM

Really not looking forward to this one. :(

Nik Nichols 01-20-2010 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;727383]Really not looking forward to this one. :([/QUOTE]

It really isn't bad Laurie, you will be suprised at how quickly it goes, I was at 25reps arrounfd 4 min. and that is with a vest. Just breath big on the burpee part.

Scott Jenkins 01-20-2010 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;727379]For time:
100 Burpee pull-ups

all burpees except one was jump from pushup to feet, one I steped up onefoot then the other.

Scott I thought I had you, I hit 25reps in 4min, but you were right, they got slow after 50. I was sweating bullets, I even had a fan on. Pullups were the easy part.[/QUOTE]

Well done Nik, not much in it that time only just over a minute and it sounds like you went off fast in the first 4 minutes. I expected around 12 minutes before I started but realised very quick that was not going to happen.

Nik Nichols 01-20-2010 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;727418]Well done Nik, not much in it that time only just over a minute and it sounds like you went off fast in the first 4 minutes. I expected around 12 minutes before I started but realised very quick that was not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, i was just going a a strady clip, and it was a bit fast, I burned out like you said, it got hard to get off the ground.

Scott Jenkins 01-20-2010 12:49 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;727424]Thanks, i was just going a a strady clip, and it was a bit fast, I burned out like you said, it got hard to get off the ground.[/QUOTE]

Lucky we only have a few inches to jump then Nik, poor old Matty Green will be in the park all night with he's foot jump and last night some strangers started watching him, he should be careful.

Nik Nichols 01-20-2010 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;727430]Lucky we only have a few inches to jump then Nik, poor old Matty Green will be in the park all night with he's foot jump and last night some strangers started watching him, he should be careful.[/QUOTE]

True, I missed the bar with my left hand one rep, Matt will have some real work ahead of him.
Maybe the strangers were wondering why a blue guy in his underware was doing pullups?

Matthew Green 01-21-2010 05:53 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;727379]For time:
100 Burpee pull-ups

Scott I thought I had you, I hit 25reps in 4min, but you were right, they got slow after 50. I was sweating bullets, I even had a fan on. Pullups were the easy part.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who had it worse Nik, you or me? Can't imagine doing that in any sort of heat with a vest on, Kudos :highfive:

Scott Jenkins 01-21-2010 06:47 AM

Good morning Nik , wakey wakey :D

Nik Nichols 01-21-2010 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=Matthew Green;727795]I don't know who had it worse Nik, you or me? Can't imagine doing that in any sort of heat with a vest on, Kudos :highfive:[/QUOTE]
You for sure, I didn't have that high to jump, it isn't really that hot, but hot enough to sweat after my first rep of burpees(maybe a little befor from fear;))
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;727820]Good morning Nik , wakey wakey :D[/QUOTE]

Squat cleans yes, GHD's no.

Was it just me or was the first burpee the hardest? I stood ready for a ling bit with the stop watch in hand and finger on the button befor I could finally jump in!

Scott Jenkins 01-21-2010 06:56 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;727824]
Squat cleans yes, GHD's no.

Was it just me or was the first burpee the hardest? I stood ready for a ling bit with the stop watch in hand and finger on the button befor I could finally jump in![/QUOTE]

Yes me and Ernie are doing squat cleans and unanchored sit ups, I will try and make an abmat type thing using my towel.

There is some workouts where you get nervous before and do loads of extra warming up. Remember if your not nervous your not training hard enough so its a good thing.

Nik Nichols 01-21-2010 07:00 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;727828]Yes me and Ernie are doing squat cleans and unanchored sit ups, I will try and make an abmat type thing using my towel.

There is some workouts where you get nervous before and do loads of extra warming up. Remember if your not nervous your not training hard enough so its a good thing.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA I never heard it put like that, but true, plenty of times I was pacing ''arround'' getting the WOD started. Today will likely be the same.
I'm already getting small butterfly's in my stomach.

Ernie Guevara 01-21-2010 07:14 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;727828]Yes me and Ernie are doing squat cleans and unanchored sit ups, I will try and make an abmat type thing using my towel.

There is some workouts where you get nervous before and do loads of extra warming up. Remember if your not nervous your not training hard enough so its a good thing.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Scott 100%! if you are not nervous then you aren't training hard enough. I was pacing back and forth before hitting the start button yesterday lol mainly because 1. I had never done this wod before and 2. You guys convinced me to do it with the vest lol

those squat cleans are gonna suck thelife out of me today as they always do. The jerk won't be too bad, and the situps are gonna be my active test lol.

Nik Nichols 01-21-2010 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;727856]I agree with Scott 100%! if you are not nervous then you aren't training hard enough. I was pacing back and forth before hitting the start button yesterday lol mainly because 1. I had never done this wod before and 2. You guys convinced me to do it with the vest lol

those squat cleans are gonna suck thelife out of me today as they always do. The jerk won't be too bad, and the situps are gonna be my active test lol.[/QUOTE]

I hope the cleans are ok, I plan on a pace and get through them a smoothly as posible. I just have to remember to breath, I tend to hold me breath alot. And for one rep it is ok, but multiple reps I burnout FAST.

Nik Nichols 01-21-2010 09:21 AM

10:00 warmup, light
30 backext 30lbs
30 ring dips
10pullups (arm still bothering me, but I think it is from the way I'm sleeping, I think I'm hyper extending it)
Clean warmup.

Nik Nichols 01-21-2010 11:38 AM

3 Rounds for time of:
135 pound Clean and jerk, 10 reps
30 GHD situps
As RX'd 23:21
ghd's after 1reps were broke all up.
C&J were 4/3/3, 1/3/3/3, 4/3/3
Squat cleans all.
on the second set of cleans, I jerked it and my core got all wobbely so I reset and caught a 321 breather and wenrt again. Sloww all the way.

Scott you were right, it was a breather even as slow as I was. I was greathing best on the cleans other then that I was gasping.

Laurie Smith 01-21-2010 03:57 PM

If that's your time then I'm guessing it's going to take me at least 25 minutes to get er done. I'm looking forward to this one.

Nik Nichols 01-21-2010 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;728171]If that's your time then I'm guessing it's going to take me at least 25 minutes to get er done. I'm looking forward to this one.[/QUOTE]

OOOOooo you are after my times arent you?!?! GO GO GO!!

Nik Nichols 01-21-2010 04:25 PM

SO befor they post up tomarrows WOD I'm probably going to take the weekend off. (tomarrow and sundays WOD's,sat being a rest day) I am feeling wore out, no extras and no energy. I have a few small nagging pains here and there.
I really don't know if it is burnout or Barry my son is sick with a head cold, I don't feel sick, some runny nose but I cant say. But a couple of days off can't hurt.

I posted this now so I don't feel like I'm copping out on tomarrow's workout.:shrug:

Dominic Beardwell 01-21-2010 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;727987]3 Rounds for time of:
135 pound Clean and jerk, 10 reps
30 GHD situps
As RX'd 23:21
ghd's after 1reps were broke all up.
C&J were 4/3/3, 1/3/3/3, 4/3/3
Squat cleans all.
on the second set of cleans, I jerked it and my core got all wobbely so I reset and caught a 321 breather and wenrt again. Sloww all the way.

Scott you were right, it was a breather even as slow as I was. I was greathing best on the cleans other then that I was gasping.[/QUOTE]

Good work man, I am dreading this one, I do all my GHD's in singles as I fnd them immensely hard

Nik Nichols 01-21-2010 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=Dominic Beardwell;728198]Good work man, I am dreading this one, I do all my GHD's in singles as I fnd them immensely hard[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear someone else struggles with them as well. Good luck with it!

Scott Jenkins 01-22-2010 03:06 AM

90 GHD's are hard Nik, much more than the quick sit ups me and Ernie did, great work on getting them all done. I might find them real hard also as have never worked the GHD on a real ROM due to equipment.

You have your rest Nik and come back strong on Monday, sounds like most of your niggles are overtraining related which could be down to the extra work in the breaks.

Jesse Emers 01-22-2010 05:23 AM

Nice job on that C&J/GHD workout Nik. I like the looks of that one! The GHDs will get easier I promise.

Nik Nichols 01-22-2010 05:54 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;728381]90 GHD's are hard Nik, much more than the quick sit ups me and Ernie did, great work on getting them all done. I might find them real hard also as have never worked the GHD on a real ROM due to equipment.

You have your rest Nik and come back strong on Monday, sounds like most of your niggles are overtraining related which could be down to the extra work in the breaks.[/QUOTE]
That is exactly what I'm thinking. I tell you, I'm still sore this morning, but yesterday when I decided to skip, it has been killing me. I still want to train in my head, but my body say other wise. I say todays WOD ans said'' I can do that easy enough.'' But I decided not to yesterday. I need the rest.

On the other hand I didn't miss anything big with this one.

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;728399]Nice job on that C&J/GHD workout Nik. I like the looks of that one! The GHDs will get easier I promise.[/QUOTE]

I will hold you to that promise!

Nik Nichols 01-22-2010 05:59 AM

Other news. Last night was rough. Our power went out a 8:00pm just at Martins bed time. He did great, he wasn't afraid at all, I got him a little light for his room and he ws good after some chit chat.
The power didn't come back on till midnight, so i didn't go to bed till then.
Martin got up this morning at 6:00am. SO I'm a little tired. I'm ok, but tired.

Oh yea, I didn't eat lastnight because of the power being out. I'm freaking starving! i didn't eat from lunch, so it has been 19 hours, that is a big deal for me. I'm off to eat!! And have a cup of coffee with no sugar!

Scott Jenkins 01-22-2010 06:04 AM

That's a horrible time of the evening to have a power cut, especially when your not sure whether its coming back on soon or not. Sounds like you done a bit of Intermittent Fasting there Nik without meaning too. Its suppose to give you an energy burst, like in cave man times when they hunt and go hungry for 20 hours then have to suddenly chase down some prey. Never tried it myself as I like my food too much.

Nik Nichols 01-22-2010 06:08 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;728418]That's a horrible time of the evening to have a power cut, especially when your not sure whether its coming back on soon or not. Sounds like you done a bit of Intermittent Fasting there Nik without meaning too. Its suppose to give you an energy burst, like in cave man times when they hunt and go hungry for 20 hours then have to suddenly chase down some prey. Never tried it myself as I like my food too much.[/QUOTE]

HAHA yea, it was and accidental fast all right. I went to bed with my stomach growling. I will have to hunt down about 4eggs 2 ham steaks some cheese and tomato and onion, and a cup of Joe.

Either that or I will ''Rocky'' catch a chicken for breakfast!!

Scott Jenkins 01-22-2010 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;728422]HAHA yea, it was and accidental fast all right. I went to bed with my stomach growling. I will have to hunt down about 4eggs 2 ham steaks some cheese and tomato and onion, and a cup of Joe.

Either that or I will ''Rocky'' catch a chicken for breakfast!![/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great paleo breakfast, your making me want strong coffee now except that the coffee here at work is disgusting.

Chase those chickens fast so the eggs fall out there butts Nik.

Nik Nichols 01-22-2010 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;728430]Sounds like a great paleo breakfast, your making me want strong coffee now except that the coffee here at work is disgusting.

Chase those chickens fast so the eggs fall out there butts Nik.[/QUOTE]

HAHA will do on the chickens.

I try to eat as carb free as I can, and as pure as I can. I am not carb free, I do have at most 2 pieces of bread, and all the fruit I want. And cheese. So it works for me. I think really I don't eat enough to be honest.

Do you drinks coffe or tea Scott? do you take sugar, or sweets?

Ernie Guevara 01-22-2010 07:53 AM

Man that sucks about your power going out at that time. I wouldn't have been able to fall asleep hungry lol. I would have eaten slices of bread or something til I got full lol. You still feelin bad enough to skip todays wod?

Scott Jenkins 01-22-2010 08:06 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;728454]HAHA will do on the chickens.

I try to eat as carb free as I can, and as pure as I can. I am not carb free, I do have at most 2 pieces of bread, and all the fruit I want. And cheese. So it works for me. I think really I don't eat enough to be honest.

Do you drinks coffe or tea Scott? do you take sugar, or sweets?[/QUOTE]

Yes you eat a lot like me, except I think I eat more as I do eat a lot. Got in from the gym last Saturday after that long workout and ate a big tuna sandwich with 8 big sausages and some grilled halloumi cheese, had dodgy stomach the rest of the day.

I drink tea and coffee with a little bit of milk but zero sugar, just got use to it without the sweetness, if someone at work makes me one by accident with sugar in I nearly heave.

Ernie - I would of grabbed a huge lump of cheese and bread and just pushed it all in my mouth, I call it a mouthwich just like a sandwich but quicker.

Laurie Smith 01-22-2010 10:20 AM

I do the night time fast some times. I'm not hungry and by the time I am it's bed time. Blah! Fuel up!! :)

Nik Nichols 01-23-2010 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;728559]I do the night time fast some times. I'm not hungry and by the time I am it's bed time. Blah! Fuel up!! :)[/QUOTE]

I don't like being hungry!!!

OK side note: two days rest, I find when I try to put my head down like chin on my chest, my lower back hurts. It pulls it somehow?