CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 08-06-2010 07:09 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;822922]I like Ernie the Bull better lol! No wod for me last night guys. Had to empty out the living room and take the couches to girlfriends moms house. We get out new couch today. Can't wait for all this remodeling to be done so I can have a normal routine again.
I love any wod with muscle ups in it!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah come on Ernie, you have done enough housework for a year in the last two weeks, its time to get unwhipped and back on the training wagon with me and chopped liver. :D

You wont resist the muscle ups , now way now :stir:

Nik Nichols 08-06-2010 08:03 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;822922]I like Ernie the Bull better lol! No wod for me last night guys. Had to empty out the living room and take the couches to girlfriends moms house. We get out new couch today. Can't wait for all this remodeling to be done so I can have a normal routine again.
I love any wod with muscle ups in it!!![/QUOTE]
Well then today is set up for you.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;822928]Yeah come on Ernie, you have done enough housework for a year in the last two weeks, its time to get unwhipped and back on the training wagon with me and chopped liver. :D

You wont resist the muscle ups , now way now :stir:[/QUOTE]

Yea I need the help Ernie. Plus stirry man. Have to do it now!!

Nik Nichols 08-06-2010 08:25 AM

10:00 break

set up for todays workout.

I did warmup and do a few MU's, it had been a wile and wanted the awcard ones out of the way, few OHS's with bar. Ready to go.

Nik Nichols 08-06-2010 11:20 AM

Five rounds for time of:
5 Muscle-ups
115 pound Overhead squat, 10 reps
15 Toes to bar
20 GHD Sit-ups

time 39:00

OHS's from rack
toe to bar on rings

That was a tough one.

Throat is dry. Shoulders fried. Tough tough. one thing killed the next thing. MU's made the OHS's hard
OHS's core tightning made toe to bar hard
toe to bar made GHD's hard. Everything complemented the next. Brutal programming.

My eays are poping

Nik Nichols 08-06-2010 02:07 PM

3:00 break

week 3
squats
5reps 205lbs
3reps 235lbs
5reps 260lbs( my core got wobbley on the 5th rep)

Scott Jenkins 08-07-2010 01:35 AM

I thought it woud be heavy on the core, probably kill the kip on the toes to bar also. Good work on getting those back squats done also Nik, thats a lot of work in one day. You resting today?

Nik Nichols 08-07-2010 05:52 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;823346]I thought it woud be heavy on the core, probably kill the kip on the toes to bar also. Good work on getting those back squats done also Nik, thats a lot of work in one day. You resting today?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, looks like you breezed through it regular fassion.

The OHS's were funny. I snached it the first round I got 2 reps and it went forward, I had to snach it 3 trys to get it back up for 4 reps and 2 snaches for 4 more reps. So I ate some pride and took it to the rack.

After that I got 8 reps and 2(bar went forward) then unbroken after that.
Mu's were the thing, I got them in twos with a walk and swing of my arms to get ready, took alot of time.

The rest was as it is, little breaks.

Rest day for me, I'm taking my familly to the local swimming pool. That is it for me. My shoulders are pretty sore, and after yesterday, I need some time to recover and get ready.

Scott Jenkins 08-07-2010 06:33 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;823403]Thanks Scott, looks like you breezed through it regular fassion.

The OHS's were funny. I snached it the first round I got 2 reps and it went forward, I had to snach it 3 trys to get it back up for 4 reps and 2 snaches for 4 more reps. So I ate some pride and took it to the rack.

After that I got 8 reps and 2(bar went forward) then unbroken after that.
Mu's were the thing, I got them in twos with a walk and swing of my arms to get ready, took alot of time.

The rest was as it is, little breaks.

Rest day for me, I'm taking my familly to the local swimming pool. That is it for me. My shoulders are pretty sore, and after yesterday, I need some time to recover and get ready.[/QUOTE]

You would laugh at the bar I used Nik, My arms were at shoulder press width for the overhead squats and there was no rack even if I wanted one, which was good for me, made me do it unbroken.

Swimming sounds great, perfect to loosen up your shoulders and get some fun rest in with the family.

Forgot to mention it, my wife bought some organic broccoli this week and I have been finding caterpillars and maggots in my lunch all week, I said to get the stuff with pesticide in the future.

Nik Nichols 08-07-2010 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;823414]You would laugh at the bar I used Nik, My arms were at shoulder press width for the overhead squats and there was no rack even if I wanted one, which was good for me, made me do it unbroken.

Swimming sounds great, perfect to loosen up your shoulders and get some fun rest in with the family.

Forgot to mention it, my wife bought some organic broccoli this week and I have been finding caterpillars and maggots in my lunch all week, I said to get the stuff with pesticide in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yeesh Scott that broc sound dreadful. The swimming was great. My shoulders feel way better. It was alot of fun to have the whole familly doing the same thing.

Camille Lore 08-07-2010 07:18 PM

Dang there is no way I could hang in with that workout for 29 minutes.:notworth: