CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 11-09-2012 04:24 AM

Re: Nik

Rob's posted a few workouts lately where the running has been about 70% of the total workout, always notice different people near the top when this happens as not enough skill/strength work to break the Trotting Weeds down properly!

Matthew Williams 11-09-2012 06:05 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1106499]Rob's posted a few workouts lately where the running has been about 70% of the total workout, always notice different people near the top when this happens as not enough skill/strength work to break the Trotting Weeds down properly![/QUOTE]

Yesterday's WOD would have had a totally different outcome if you replaced the GTOH with something like HSPU

Nik Nichols 11-09-2012 06:08 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1106499]Rob's posted a few workouts lately where the running has been about 70% of the total workout, always notice different people near the top when this happens as not enough skill/strength work to break the Trotting Weeds down properly![/QUOTE]

Ha yea, I noticed alot of body weight work after the weekend.

[QUOTE=Matthew Williams;1106506]Yesterday's WOD would have had a totally different outcome if you replaced the GTOH with something like HSPU[/QUOTE]

Now that would have been fun!!

Scott Jenkins 11-09-2012 08:06 AM

[QUOTE=Matthew Williams;1106506]Yesterday's WOD would have had a totally different outcome if you replaced the GTOH with something like HSPU[/QUOTE]

Or made the GTOH a bar with 60k on it.

Nik Nichols 11-09-2012 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1106539]Or made the GTOH a bar with 60k on it.[/QUOTE]

60k bar ground to over head and HSPUs, now THAT is a workout!!

Nik Nichols 11-09-2012 08:16 AM

Light A.M. warm up
10 HSPUs
20 GHDs
20 back ext
10 HSPUs
20 abmat situps
20 squats

kicking drills
rolled my back 1:00min
rolled piriformus 1:00min a side
rolled hip flexers 1:00min a sode

feeling a bit rough today, bit conjested and beat up. Other wise ok, It may be stress. I have alot going on ''at home'' at the moment. (familly drama)

Debbie Bowden 11-09-2012 08:37 AM

3 years ago I had major "home stress". I found that the best way to get through it, for me, was to kick my own *** in my workouts! Luckily I didn't hurt myself doing all that crazy *&^. I've since learned not to take it out on myself through extreme workouts and just stick to what I've been doing. It's tough to push yourself mentally when mentally you're somewhere else. Way to hang in there and make it a priority. I hope things get better for you.

Nik Nichols 11-09-2012 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=Debbie Bowden;1106550]3 years ago I had major "home stress". I found that the best way to get through it, for me, was to kick my own *** in my workouts! Luckily I didn't hurt myself doing all that crazy *&^. I've since learned not to take it out on myself through extreme workouts and just stick to what I've been doing. It's tough to push yourself mentally when mentally you're somewhere else. Way to hang in there and make it a priority. I hope things get better for you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Debbie. I am ok, there is just alot going on with my brothers and their famillys and I can;t help but stress over their problems. I would carry it all for them and let them have the good life if I could, but i can't. So here I am going to do exaclty what you said, take my 10;00 break and squat heavy. I will feel better after, I always do.;)

Nik Nichols 11-09-2012 10:02 AM

10:00 break
Daliy squat
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1
285lbs x1
320lbs x1
330lbs(150k) x1

all good, last rep kneees wanted to go in. I was going to hit 335lbs but I miss counted and I did not have time for more, plus the knees. Good to call it there, plus another 5 lbs is no big deal.

Debbie Bowden 11-09-2012 12:04 PM

Great attitude! It looks like you killed it! Good job and way to be smart about it. :)