CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   So I was really bored... (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=10357)

George Mounce 07-08-2007 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I invented an Excel spread sheet for the blocks presented in the Front Range CrossFit Zone block guide and added some flare to it.

I made it a calculator, because when I'm cooking for large groups of people I hate doing the math, and I can use it to quickly calculate things for recipes.

It includes the block guide data from the Front Range in different worksheets. You enter the number of blocks, it spits out how much of each thing equals that number of blocks.

I am posting an Excel 97-2003 version and a Excel 2007 version for all of us with Office 2007.

If the "Angry G" confuses you, it is what I post by on the blog comments for the WODs.

Matthew Swift 07-08-2007 09:44 PM

Nice! Thanks George!

Ian Carver 07-08-2007 10:24 PM

Geeez, thanks, George. You are one squared away guy. Pilot, master resume creator, and Excel/Zone spreadsheet fiend...Very cool. Thanks again. Stay safe!!

George Mounce 07-09-2007 06:42 PM

No problem. I am currently working on a Zone cookbook to pass out to people who need easy things to make. I tend to write down all the recipes I create. I'm currently working on a homemade Zone protein bar. :lightbulb: Hopefully it turns out good, the taste test bars I've made so far are excellent, just fudging with the ingredients to make it perfect so I get a 2-block bar every time. I hope to post it soon!

Sarena Kopciel 07-09-2007 06:45 PM

Incredible! Thanks.

Frank M Needham 07-09-2007 07:45 PM

whoa! I never knew that it'd take 37.5 cups of alfalfa sprouts to make my typical 5 block helping! Thank you George, awesome job!

(Message edited by fmn on July 09, 2007)

Ben Allen 07-10-2007 01:32 PM

George, great post, Thanks.
I have ordered mastering the zone and enter the zone, and they should be delivered this week. I have tried to convert your excel spread sheet into uk weights (grams instead of cups and oz), but my conversions show that for 1 block of cooked cabbage I should be eating 300g. this would mean for a 4 block meal if I used just cabage i would need 1200g. That seems an awful lot of cabbage.

Do you think my conversions sound along the right lines?

George Mounce 07-10-2007 04:23 PM

I can easily convert all of that to grams and mL if you would like. Wouldn't take me long at all.

George Mounce 07-10-2007 04:27 PM

I would say, give me about 6 hours to do all the conversions and I'll have a UK version up. Any other ones you want converted?

So far I have:

change oz to grams
change cups to grams (wouldn't milliliters work better for fluid?)

George Mounce 07-10-2007 04:47 PM

I come up with using a converter 375g. Yes, your leafy vegetables have absolutely no carbs in them, they are all water. That is why I generally do not count them when making a salad and only count the things that aren't that don't require massive quantities like tomatoes, cucumbers.