CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Exercises (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Significance of 21-15-9 (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=85308)

Michael McCann 12-02-2013 01:28 PM

Significance of 21-15-9
 
In the Level 1 course the briefly talked about the significance of 21-15-9. I am hoping someone can elaborate because it seems I missed when I took the class. Thanks

Mark E. Wallace 12-02-2013 01:30 PM

Re: Significance of 21-15-9
 
Don't know if this is the right answer, but here. wfs.

Also, I think it's just intuitively obvious that 21-15-9 is just infinitely better than, say, 22-16-10. ;)

- Mark

Jim Denofa 12-02-2013 07:35 PM

Re: Significance of 21-15-9
 
I usually Program 20,15,10,5. The significance is Coach Glassman likes odd numbers.

Blair Robert Lowe 12-02-2013 10:22 PM

Re: Significance of 21-15-9
 
=45, divisible by 3 into 7,5,3 which are prime numbers.

Ivan Wolfe 12-09-2013 10:01 PM

Re: Significance of 21-15-9
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe (Post 1209116)
=45, divisible by 3 into 7,5,3 which are prime numbers.

And 42 - 3 = 42, which is the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything. :D

Jason Wallis 12-13-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Significance of 21-15-9
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan Wolfe (Post 1210161)
And 42 - 3 = 42, which is the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything. :D

I don't have a calculator handy, but your math seems a bit questionable...
:D

John C Blattner 12-14-2013 08:28 AM

Re: Significance of 21-15-9
 
I always figured it was like the way the distance between bases got to be 60 feet in baseball. For decades people have rhapsodized about this being the perfect measurement: a sharply hit ground ball, smoothly fielded and thrown with accuracy, will just nail the runner by half a step...if it was 61 feet they'd all be out, if it was 59 feet they'd all be safe; 60 feet presents the optimum challenge for all concerned. No one really knows how it came to be; probably some farm boy took 20 paces paces across a field and said, "This looks about right..."

Sean Dunston 12-15-2013 07:33 AM

Re: Significance of 21-15-9
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John C Blattner (Post 1210780)
I always figured it was like the way the distance between bases got to be 60 feet in baseball. For decades people have rhapsodized about this being the perfect measurement: a sharply hit ground ball, smoothly fielded and thrown with accuracy, will just nail the runner by half a step...if it was 61 feet they'd all be out, if it was 59 feet they'd all be safe; 60 feet presents the optimum challenge for all concerned. No one really knows how it came to be; probably some farm boy took 20 paces paces across a field and said, "This looks about right..."

or 90 feet... but who is counting.
:rofl:

Blair Robert Lowe 12-15-2013 02:13 PM

Re: Significance of 21-15-9
 
Lol. :d

Jason Newland 12-16-2013 10:20 AM

Re: Significance of 21-15-9
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan Wolfe (Post 1210161)
And 42 - 3 = 42, which is the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything. :D

:rofl: Yes. Yes it is. But only when you multiply six by nine. :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Wallis (Post 1210717)
I don't have a calculator handy, but your math seems a bit questionable...
:D

You're obviously not a Douglas Adams fan. :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.