CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Announcing the EXF Rings (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50874)

Tyler Hass 09-08-2009 01:02 AM

Announcing the EXF Rings

I'm very excited to let all of you know that I have just launched the new EXF Rings. They are the next generation of gymnastics rings with some great new features and an entirely new mounting system. One of the big new features is the multi-textured surface. It now has the same texture as the Elite II's, plus the rough surface found on competition rings and other companies' rings and a new non-slip rubberized surface. It has a much higher coefficient of friction, so it is great for muscle-ups.
My favorite new feature is the mounting system. You can now set up the rings in about 5 seconds! You no longer have to fiddle around with any buckles before your workout. And they even stay at the same length as your previous workout. Plus, there are measurements printed on the straps, so adjusting the height is quicker and easier. You no longer have to waste any time making sure the rings are level.
You can pre-order the EXF Rings here: http://ringtraining.com/shop/equipment/exf-rings.html (wfs)
We will be shipping them by the end of this week. And we are going to keep the free shipping offer going until Friday night. Our inventory might be a bit tight, so it's first come, first serve. My manufacturer is going to try hard to keep up with the demand and we'll do everything possible to get everyone their new rings in a timely manner.
You can also check out some of the blog posts I have written for more detailed info on the new features: http://ringtraining.com/blog/blog.html (wfs)
I started my business out of a dorm room 6.5 years ago. I owe a huge thanks to everyone in the CrossFit community for all of their support in helping me take it this far. I hope the EXF Rings exceed all of your expectations.
Thanks,
Tyler Hass
www.ringtraining.com (wfs)

Heather Archambeault 09-08-2009 05:42 AM

Re: Announcing the EXF Rings

Those look awesome! I think you will have trouble keeping up with the demand for them! LOL
I really like the idea of the different textures & the measured webbing is an awesome idea!
I will be ordering a set when I get some bills paid off!
Great work Tyler!
(Go Cougs! I'm from Spokane) =-)

Darren Atkison 09-08-2009 09:30 AM

These look great Tyler. Any chance you'll sell the straps separately? I've only had my rings for a few months and cant afford another set, but it is a pain having to take them down and set them up every time.

Tyler Hass 09-08-2009 11:50 AM

Hey Darren,
I probably won't be selling the straps separately. At least not in the near future. But I might consider it down the road.

dale milam 09-08-2009 12:58 PM

Tyler, I ordered a set the next morning after you posted that they were available. Your Elite II's were my choice at Crossfit United and at home! Now I will have to persuade local box to get a set. thanks for outstanding products!!

Dave Matteson 09-09-2009 01:50 PM

Bought a pair yesterday. I love my original Elite rings, so I'm excited for this newest design. Hope they match the hype ;)

Tyler Hass 09-09-2009 11:04 PM

Dave,
I'm not sure what hype you've heard, but the rumors about free back rubs included are not true! If you're expecting the best set of rings ever, then yes, I think you'll be happy.

I just posted a video of the 5 second setup process on my blog (wfs): http://www.ringtraining.com/blog/art...aps-part2.html

The EXF Rings can also be setup the old-fashioned way, which can sometimes be useful, like when they're out of reach and you need to get them down without a ladder. I call this "legacy mode". Otherwise, the "EXF mode" is the way to go.

Tyler

Lara Lewis 09-10-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Hass (Post 660949)
Dave,
I'm not sure what hype you've heard, but the rumors about free back rubs included are not true! If you're expecting the best set of rings ever, then yes, I think you'll be happy.

Rats! So it's not true?

Quote:

I just posted a video of the 5 second setup process on my blog (wfs): http://www.ringtraining.com/blog/art...aps-part2.html
I guess I didn't really understand what was different about the straps when I read your original post, but after seeing the video, I'm getting myself a set! I currently use my rings attached to pullup bars or jungle gym bars at the playground, so these will be great for me. As it is, sometimes I spend as much time setting up my rings as I do working out on them. (well, that may be a little bit of an exaggeration) I had actually been looking for a faster way to attach them.

Good job with these!

Michael Leach 09-10-2009 07:27 PM

how long is the price reduced on these new rings? i want a set but trying to find a couple more people to go in on an order with me to save another 10%... ;)

Lara Lewis 09-10-2009 07:45 PM

Wait, what does it mean when it says that they "can even mount in a doorway"? How? Any pictures? Now I'm even more excited about them.

I just ordered a pair!

Mac Oneill 09-10-2009 08:54 PM

I only care about the measured webbing....Why wasnt that thought of sooner. :ranting2:

Tyler Hass 09-11-2009 12:44 AM

Hey Lara,
I just posted another video to my blog showing how you can mount the EXF Rings in a doorway. And it also shows kind of a cool pushup variation.

(wfs) http://www.ringtraining.com/blog/art...aps-part3.html

I hope this helps. I still need to do another video showing how the double length straps work, but I need some high ceilings. I'll get it done soon, though.

Tyler

Blair Robert Lowe 09-11-2009 02:48 AM

Those are pretty cool and they look sexy sweet.

However...

I mount my rings typically off the men's high bar. That is too high for me to reach up to.

I also mount my rings at home off a thick closet dowel that I put across the hole going up to the attic. Again that requires a stool.

...I can reach the top of the door only if I get up on my tiptoes.

That S thingie is really neat and I noticed they have a robust, traditional buckle as well.

Very cool product, Tyler. Rog told me you were coming out with new ones but I didn't expect anything like this.

Michael Leach 09-11-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe (Post 661663)
Those are pretty cool and they look sexy sweet.

However...

I mount my rings typically off the men's high bar. That is too high for me to reach up to.

I also mount my rings at home off a thick closet dowel that I put across the hole going up to the attic. Again that requires a stool.

...I can reach the top of the door only if I get up on my tiptoes.

That S thingie is really neat and I noticed they have a robust, traditional buckle as well.

Very cool product, Tyler. Rog told me you were coming out with new ones but I didn't expect anything like this.

if you weren't 4' tall, you might not have soo many height issues... :rofl:

Michael Leach 09-11-2009 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Leach (Post 661564)
how long is the price reduced on these new rings? i want a set but trying to find a couple more people to go in on an order with me to save another 10%... ;)

Apparently my question wasn't as important as Lara's... :p

Blair Robert Lowe 09-11-2009 09:17 AM

Look who's talking! Actually I saw the rings first on your FB.

Tyler Hass 09-11-2009 10:34 AM

Hi Michael,
Sorry about that, I jumped straight to page 2 last time I checked the thread! The price will remain at $71.95 for the foreseeable future. The discount on 3 or more will also stick around.

Blair,
You can still mount the rings the old way. To do this, you just shorten the S-buckle all the way in and then use the cam buckle for adjustments. So, you just toss it over the high bar and then run it back through the cam buckle. This was important for me personally, because I often take my rings to the park and I don't bring a ladder with me!

Tyler
ringtraining.com (wfs)

Christine Parry 09-11-2009 10:40 AM

Tyler,

Love it, love it, love it. And props to you for creating your own start up.

Christine

Kulsoom Ahmed 09-11-2009 05:32 PM

Tyler,

What colors are they available in? I am assuming its only the black (as shown on the website) but wanted to double check with you. Thanks

Tyler Hass 09-11-2009 06:03 PM

Hi Kulsoom,
The Elite Rings were available in black and clear, but the EXF Rings are only available in "clear black". Basically, they are a black ring with some transparency. It looks really cool!

Blair Robert Lowe 09-11-2009 09:22 PM

Nice, Tyler. I like setting up my rings on football fieldgoals as they are one of the highest things I can get access to and throw it over and adjust. That way I can free hang with straight legs.

Alicia Michel 09-12-2009 05:03 AM

Love the measurements on straps Tyler! I don't know whether it is a good or bad thing that my current Elite rings are still in a great condition!!!

Tyler Hass 09-13-2009 03:42 PM

I just posted an excerpt of my new book, Ring Training for Elite Fitness. It covers Extended Set Training, which is a great method for achieving higher reps in just about any exercise. It's a relatively low volume approach, so a CrossFitter can squeeze it into their routine if they have a specific goal to work on.
Here's the link: http://www.ringtraining.com/blog/tra...-training.html

The eBook will be included with every order of EXF Rings. I'm putting the finishing touches on it now, so I should have it ready to e-mail early next week. The EXF Rings started shipping last Thursday, so hopefully people will receive the guide at about the same time as their rings.
Thanks,
Tyler
www.ringtraining.com

Dave Matteson 09-19-2009 05:13 PM

Hey Tyler, the idea of measured straps is great, however there's a significant problem.

If the two straps you get with the rings are stitched in different places, as mine are, when you go and hang the rings, the markings do not line up. In my case, there's almost a three inch difference between comparable markings.

Your manufacturer needs to address this problem as it effectively eliminates the convenience of having measured straps.

Any chance on getting replacement straps that are stitched correctly/evenly?

Tyler Hass 09-19-2009 11:01 PM

Dave,
Absolutely, I will replace it. They should be exactly the same length. We have a pretty clear cut procedure for how the straps are to be sewn on. We actually use the markings as a guide. One of the sewers must not have been on board. I am completely out of inventory right now. The first batch sold extremely quickly.
If anyone else has this issue, just shoot me an e-mail and I will get you taken care of as soon as I can get replacements. info@ringtraining.com
Till then, you'll just have to think of them as "ordinary" straps. I'm sorry for that.
Thanks,
Tyler
ringtraining.com

Alex Woodland 09-20-2009 02:07 AM

Wow is all I can say to these. Going to have to order a pair ASAP.

Alex Woodland 09-20-2009 03:55 AM

Ooops it seems i've ordered a pair :kicking0:

Tim Randall 09-20-2009 03:34 PM

Tyler,

I just got my eXF rings on Wednesday (UPS waiting for me when I got home from trip!
I ordered the Elite11 and you evidently didn't have them (website shows now out of stock) No worry after seeing the EXF's up close and personal, they are worth the extra $11 especially for the versatility!--As a new Cross-Fitter at age 57 I am really stoked to have them at home to learn on at my "scaled pace".
I live in Battle Ground WA and it is always a thrill to see a local guy launch his own business/product and make a go at it! Best Success to you! (Go Cougars)

Chaplain Tim

Watson Bishop 09-20-2009 04:43 PM

I just ordered a set of the rings, but it looks like you don't have any to ship at this time. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long to get them. I am looking forward to learning new exercises with them. Will you email me the manual or do I go somewhere to download it?

Tyler Hass 09-20-2009 06:17 PM

Hi Watson,
We should have some more back in stock later next week. We will be hand inspecting the straps, so that might delay shipments till early the following week. But they will ship as soon as perfect (and possible).
I am putting the finishing touches on a new eBook called Ring Training for Elite Strength. I will be sending a copy to everyone that has purchased the EXF Rings. Till then, you can download a copy of the previous training guide from your order confirmation e-mail. Just click on the name of the product and it will start downloading.
Thanks,
Tyler

Alex Woodland 09-21-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Hass (Post 667044)
Hi Watson,
We will be hand inspecting the straps, so that might delay shipments till early the following week.

That's great to hear Tyler.

Damn I'm looking forward to these :pepper:

I ordered yesterday Tyler....am I good for the next shipment?

Kevin Quinn 09-21-2009 04:41 AM

Just ordered my first set of rings! these look awesome and im sure they will not dissapoint. hopefully it doesnt take too long to ship to Afghanistan... sick of subbing 3 pull ups and 3 dips for 1 muscle up!

Dave Matteson 09-21-2009 04:28 PM

Aside from the strap issue, which Tyler has really stepped up and addressed, y'all are going to love the rings. Did my first workout with them this weekend. Aside from figuring out the initial set up (the video was a lot more helpful than the paper instructions), they're a snap to set up. Being able to adjust the ring texture on the fly is great. The new rubber grip is awesome for when your own grip starts to fail near the end of a workout. Great work, Tyler.

Tyler Hass 09-21-2009 06:00 PM

Alex,
Yep, you're good.

Dave,
Thanks for the review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the rings. I'm looking forward to hearing more reviews:-)

Tyler

Alex Woodland 09-22-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Matteson (Post 667554)
Aside from the strap issue, which Tyler has really stepped up and addressed, y'all are going to love the rings. Did my first workout with them this weekend. Aside from figuring out the initial set up (the video was a lot more helpful than the paper instructions), they're a snap to set up. Being able to adjust the ring texture on the fly is great. The new rubber grip is awesome for when your own grip starts to fail near the end of a workout. Great work, Tyler.

Yeah the rubber section is a fantastic edition. I have a friend who does dead hangs at the end of our workout and suffers from sweaty hands. He shed a single tear of joy when I told him about these rings.

dale milam 09-22-2009 07:07 AM

Tyler I got my EXF rings. WOW!!!!! I am going to try all three textures but I am sure the padded grip will be my favorite with the slight texture after that but I will not rule out the rough texture since I have not tried it before. The two trainers at the local CF affiliate really liked them and wished they had the EXF rings instead of the two sets they have already Elite II & PowerMax. They liked the rubber padding the best also. The video about how to set up the EXFs up make it look easy. Everything about them I find outstanding. WELL THOUGHT OUT!! I might have to buy another set to take with me to work-out at the affiliate. Rings is the one thing I want to do more with. I really like the idea of being able to use them with the door set-up. They blow ALL others out of the water!!

Tyler Hass 09-23-2009 05:34 PM

An update on the replacement straps: Correctly measured strap replacements will arrive late on Friday, so they will likely ship out Monday (I'm out of town Friday).

New inventory will also arrive on Friday, so if you've been patiently waiting, your order will soon be on its way. Supplies are limited, so if you want EXF Rings within the next 3 weeks, you can place your order here: http://www.ringtraining.com/Shop/Equ...exf-rings.html (wfs)

Lastly, I was playing around last night and discovered a new way to attach the EXF Rings that combines the convenience of the 5-second EXF Mode with the ability to attach them to out-of-reach surfaces of the "legacy mode". I will post a video on it asap.
I was initially happy that the EXF Rings could function just like a set of rings based on my old design. With this new method: "stealth mode", you can forget about the old way of taking the straps in and out of the cam buckle!

Tyler

Brandon DeVore 09-24-2009 02:11 PM

First Rings

I just ordered my first set of rings and got these EXF's.

I know they are on backorder, hopefully they will get here before my ship pulls back in so I can use them when I get home!

Kulsoom Ahmed 09-26-2009 11:55 AM

Do we need to fill anything out for the replacement straps? Do we send back the current strap now?

Thanks

Alex Woodland 09-26-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulsoom Ahmed (Post 670373)
Do we need to fill anything out for the replacement straps? Do we send back the current strap now?

Thanks

If you have defective straps then i suggest you email Tyler directly:)