CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Announcing the EXF Rings (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50874)

Alex Woodland 09-21-2009 12:45 AM

Re: Announcing the EXF Rings

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Hass (Post 667044)
Hi Watson,
We will be hand inspecting the straps, so that might delay shipments till early the following week.

That's great to hear Tyler.

Damn I'm looking forward to these :pepper:

I ordered yesterday Tyler....am I good for the next shipment?

Kevin Quinn 09-21-2009 04:41 AM

Just ordered my first set of rings! these look awesome and im sure they will not dissapoint. hopefully it doesnt take too long to ship to Afghanistan... sick of subbing 3 pull ups and 3 dips for 1 muscle up!

Dave Matteson 09-21-2009 04:28 PM

Aside from the strap issue, which Tyler has really stepped up and addressed, y'all are going to love the rings. Did my first workout with them this weekend. Aside from figuring out the initial set up (the video was a lot more helpful than the paper instructions), they're a snap to set up. Being able to adjust the ring texture on the fly is great. The new rubber grip is awesome for when your own grip starts to fail near the end of a workout. Great work, Tyler.

Tyler Hass 09-21-2009 06:00 PM

Alex,
Yep, you're good.

Dave,
Thanks for the review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the rings. I'm looking forward to hearing more reviews:-)

Tyler
www.ringtraining.com (wfs)

Alex Woodland 09-22-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Matteson (Post 667554)
Aside from the strap issue, which Tyler has really stepped up and addressed, y'all are going to love the rings. Did my first workout with them this weekend. Aside from figuring out the initial set up (the video was a lot more helpful than the paper instructions), they're a snap to set up. Being able to adjust the ring texture on the fly is great. The new rubber grip is awesome for when your own grip starts to fail near the end of a workout. Great work, Tyler.

Yeah the rubber section is a fantastic edition. I have a friend who does dead hangs at the end of our workout and suffers from sweaty hands. He shed a single tear of joy when I told him about these rings.

dale milam 09-22-2009 07:07 AM

Tyler I got my EXF rings. WOW!!!!! I am going to try all three textures but I am sure the padded grip will be my favorite with the slight texture after that but I will not rule out the rough texture since I have not tried it before. The two trainers at the local CF affiliate really liked them and wished they had the EXF rings instead of the two sets they have already Elite II & PowerMax. They liked the rubber padding the best also. The video about how to set up the EXFs up make it look easy. Everything about them I find outstanding. WELL THOUGHT OUT!! I might have to buy another set to take with me to work-out at the affiliate. Rings is the one thing I want to do more with. I really like the idea of being able to use them with the door set-up. They blow ALL others out of the water!!

Tyler Hass 09-23-2009 05:34 PM

An update on the replacement straps: Correctly measured strap replacements will arrive late on Friday, so they will likely ship out Monday (I'm out of town Friday).

New inventory will also arrive on Friday, so if you've been patiently waiting, your order will soon be on its way. Supplies are limited, so if you want EXF Rings within the next 3 weeks, you can place your order here: http://www.ringtraining.com/Shop/Equ...exf-rings.html (wfs)

Lastly, I was playing around last night and discovered a new way to attach the EXF Rings that combines the convenience of the 5-second EXF Mode with the ability to attach them to out-of-reach surfaces of the "legacy mode". I will post a video on it asap.
I was initially happy that the EXF Rings could function just like a set of rings based on my old design. With this new method: "stealth mode", you can forget about the old way of taking the straps in and out of the cam buckle!

Tyler
www.ringtraining.com (wfs)

Brandon DeVore 09-24-2009 02:11 PM

First Rings

I just ordered my first set of rings and got these EXF's.

I know they are on backorder, hopefully they will get here before my ship pulls back in so I can use them when I get home!

Kulsoom Ahmed 09-26-2009 11:55 AM

Do we need to fill anything out for the replacement straps? Do we send back the current strap now?

Thanks

Alex Woodland 09-26-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulsoom Ahmed (Post 670373)
Do we need to fill anything out for the replacement straps? Do we send back the current strap now?

Thanks

If you have defective straps then i suggest you email Tyler directly:)