CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Announcing the EXF Rings (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50874)

Mac Oneill 09-10-2009 08:54 PM

Re: Announcing the EXF Rings

I only care about the measured webbing....Why wasnt that thought of sooner. :ranting2:

Tyler Hass 09-11-2009 12:44 AM

Hey Lara,
I just posted another video to my blog showing how you can mount the EXF Rings in a doorway. And it also shows kind of a cool pushup variation.

(wfs) http://www.ringtraining.com/blog/art...aps-part3.html

I hope this helps. I still need to do another video showing how the double length straps work, but I need some high ceilings. I'll get it done soon, though.

Tyler
www.ringtraining.com (wfs)

Blair Robert Lowe 09-11-2009 02:48 AM

Those are pretty cool and they look sexy sweet.

However...

I mount my rings typically off the men's high bar. That is too high for me to reach up to.

I also mount my rings at home off a thick closet dowel that I put across the hole going up to the attic. Again that requires a stool.

...I can reach the top of the door only if I get up on my tiptoes.

That S thingie is really neat and I noticed they have a robust, traditional buckle as well.

Very cool product, Tyler. Rog told me you were coming out with new ones but I didn't expect anything like this.

Michael Leach 09-11-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe (Post 661663)
Those are pretty cool and they look sexy sweet.

However...

I mount my rings typically off the men's high bar. That is too high for me to reach up to.

I also mount my rings at home off a thick closet dowel that I put across the hole going up to the attic. Again that requires a stool.

...I can reach the top of the door only if I get up on my tiptoes.

That S thingie is really neat and I noticed they have a robust, traditional buckle as well.

Very cool product, Tyler. Rog told me you were coming out with new ones but I didn't expect anything like this.

if you weren't 4' tall, you might not have soo many height issues... :rofl:

Michael Leach 09-11-2009 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Leach (Post 661564)
how long is the price reduced on these new rings? i want a set but trying to find a couple more people to go in on an order with me to save another 10%... ;)

Apparently my question wasn't as important as Lara's... :p

Blair Robert Lowe 09-11-2009 09:17 AM

Look who's talking! Actually I saw the rings first on your FB.

Tyler Hass 09-11-2009 10:34 AM

Hi Michael,
Sorry about that, I jumped straight to page 2 last time I checked the thread! The price will remain at $71.95 for the foreseeable future. The discount on 3 or more will also stick around.

Blair,
You can still mount the rings the old way. To do this, you just shorten the S-buckle all the way in and then use the cam buckle for adjustments. So, you just toss it over the high bar and then run it back through the cam buckle. This was important for me personally, because I often take my rings to the park and I don't bring a ladder with me!

Tyler
ringtraining.com (wfs)

Christine Parry 09-11-2009 10:40 AM

Tyler,

Love it, love it, love it. And props to you for creating your own start up.

Christine

Kulsoom Ahmed 09-11-2009 05:32 PM

Tyler,

What colors are they available in? I am assuming its only the black (as shown on the website) but wanted to double check with you. Thanks

Tyler Hass 09-11-2009 06:03 PM

Hi Kulsoom,
The Elite Rings were available in black and clear, but the EXF Rings are only available in "clear black". Basically, they are a black ring with some transparency. It looks really cool!