CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Announcing the EXF Rings (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50874)

Robert Alford 01-04-2010 05:40 PM

Re: Announcing the EXF Rings

I have a pair and love them any suggestions for mounting in house have cathedral ceiling and its freezing outside.

Allob Boal 02-22-2010 01:08 PM

Do you have any idea when the EXF Rings are back in stock (Europe)?

Tyler Hass 02-23-2010 10:43 AM

Hi Allob,
I don't have an estimate right now for when they will be stocked in the UK. But I can ship them from the US warehouse. And I also have Elite Rings II stocked in the UK, which is the previous version of rings before the EXF Rings.
I hope this helps,
Tyler
www.ringtraining.com

Donald Rice 02-23-2010 12:48 PM

Hello Tyler,
I had a question about my EFX rings. I have been training with them for about six months and absolutely love them. Unfortunetly, my callased hands have finally started to wear down the outer layer of the rubber grip surface. Its just superficial wear as of now, but I dont want it to do any real damage to the rubber. My first instinct was just to wrap those portions of the rings with atheletic tape and continue on using them. Is this the best solution? Has this issue come up before? I just dont want the tape to do more damage to the surface.
Thanks

Tyler Hass 02-24-2010 10:48 AM

Hi Donald,
This has happened with about 6 or 7 sets of rings in the past, that I'm aware of. The best thing is to not use chalk on the rubber portion. You can chalk up as much as you want on either of the textured plastic regions. If it gets very worn down, then yes, wrapping over it with athletic tape, or removing it and then taping it will work.

Andrew Cochran 02-24-2010 02:21 PM

Just bought mine last night. Can't wait for them to get here!!! :pepper:

Donald Rice 02-24-2010 07:46 PM

Tyler, I have been using chalk, so that is probably the problem. I love the way the rubber grip feels in my hands, so I will probably just tape it down to keep that padded feel. Thanks for the advice.
By the way, I have been hanging the rings in my "bodybuilder's gym" and was getting some pretty strange looks. Then some of the guys doing isolation tried a ring dip and looked like they were having a seizure. Now every time I put them up I end up doing a seminar. Thanks for getting me started with crossfit.
Donald

Xavier Pinto 02-25-2010 11:48 AM

Hey Tyler, I ordered a pair of these rings on Monday to Pearland. My order on it is with my first name "Mauricio." I hope I got them while they were in stock. Really been looking forward to ordering these for awhile now. What with the spring weather coming I'm very excited to take these to the park!

Matthew Fried 03-07-2010 08:15 PM

Just ordered em!! Can't wait. These things are awesome :thanx:

Xavier Pinto 03-09-2010 11:02 AM

Wow, been working wiht these, they are a challenege, anyone have any suggestions on a good progressive workout? I'm trying to slowly get back up there.