CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Competitions (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   East Coast CF Challenge (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=26275)

Jason Ackerman 01-17-2008 11:20 AM

East Coast CF Challenge

Hey all,

We are planning to hold the first annual East Coast CF games at Albany CrossFit. I'm working on a good date in May or June. I know I will not be able to accomodate everyone but wanted to poll everyone to get an idea of what works.

Tentatively I am thinking of May 31st, it's after Memorial day and before Summer. It will also give anyone planning on going West in July time to prepare.

If you want more information of want to be added to my distribution list, e-mail me at JasonAckerman246@hotmail.com

I'm looking forward to holding this event, it will be a great way to meet some fellow CFers and show the West Coast how the East Coast does it!!!

Frederic Giraud 01-17-2008 12:07 PM

Re: East Coast CF Games

Ooooh!

That's nice!

I can already see a: East vs West CF Games! :P

Albany is a nice spot! not too far from Montreal !

Keep us posted man!

Michael Bissaillon 01-17-2008 12:54 PM

Jason,
That sounds awesome! I am an affiliate in Great Barrington, MA which is 45 min away. Count me definately in. May sounds great to me. Would it be a 2 day event? Similar format to lasts years? What ever I can do to help I am in.
Mike

Susie Rosenberg 01-17-2008 01:09 PM

May 31st sound great...:) Woohoo!!! This is exciting.

Susie

Jason Ackerman 01-17-2008 01:15 PM

Here is what I have brainstormed...

4-mile Run

CFT

Hopper Event

Schedule would look something like:

Friday - arrive, competitors meeting at night
Saturday - morning CFT, break, late afteroon Run, evening - dinner and party for competitors

Sunday - morning hopper event, late afternoon awards ceremony.

Any opinions?

Kelly Moore 01-17-2008 01:34 PM

I'm disappointed. Per our union, I had to apply for and have approved all vacation picks for 2008 two days ago. Not a chance I can change anything now.

Jason Ackerman 01-17-2008 01:36 PM

tell them it's for the East Coast CF games...they should understand!

Justin Algera 01-17-2008 01:46 PM

Sounds good to me!!! Count me in.

Susie Rosenberg 01-17-2008 02:11 PM

The wheels are already turning.

Folks should know that Albany Crossfit is located a very short cab ride away from Albany International Airport, and also has an Amtrak train station about 25 min. ride away.

There are plenty of hotels, restaurants, and a large mall all within a few minute's walk from the gym. Once we get going with registrations, we can certainly arrange a group rate at an affordable hotel. There's plenty to do within walking distance for anyone bringing da family.

Plus we're the nicest bunch of hard-working b**tards anywhere.

Susie

Darren Zega 01-17-2008 08:21 PM

Aww dang! That's going to be a week after my wedding, and I'll be on my honeymoon!

And I was always wishing there'd be an east coast games too... Oh well, that just means I got a year and a half more of training before my first games!