CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 01-29-2009 07:56 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

[quote=Jenna Rettenmayer;505998]steve,

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I posted some stuff on POSE in my log....

Jenna[/quote]

Doing much better since morning. Stretched the back out and am going to hit the foam later.....

Got the POSE info! Thanks!

Elizabeth Terris 01-29-2009 11:21 PM

Playing catch up, the kids have been sick with some sort of stomach flu. Lots of cleaning and laundry WODs here. :D

Nice work this week! I'll give you a call Friday, probably morningish.

Carter Jee 01-30-2009 02:45 AM

hi stephen

stretch out your glutes and hamstrings, sometimes those things get wound up tight after a heavy thruster workout... that might help with the back pain a bit....

good effort on the concept 2... 20spm but still cranking out 2:00 splits....

carter

Stephen R. Lampl 01-30-2009 10:03 AM

[quote=Elizabeth Terris;506314]Playing catch up, the kids have been sick with some sort of stomach flu. Lots of cleaning and laundry WODs here. :D

Nice work this week! I'll give you a call Friday, probably morningish.[/quote]

So sorry the bug is going around at your place. Not fun with kidlings involved. Fully understand the GTG laundry thing...:(

Try the cell first - - leaving in a few to take daughter to D-Land for her B-day. If I don't answer, we're in a "no service" area......the joys of technology in the boonies. I'm good with the voice mail tho and will call back as soon as I have SVC.

Stephen R. Lampl 01-30-2009 10:04 AM

[quote=Carter Jee;506364]hi stephen

stretch out your glutes and hamstrings, sometimes those things get wound up tight after a heavy thruster workout... that might help with the back pain a bit....

good effort on the concept 2... 20spm but still cranking out 2:00 splits....

carter[/quote]

Thanks, Carter! I'm luckier than most, I guess....very little, if any DOMS. Got the foam roller close at hand, tho.

Thanks about the C-2. Love using it!

Keith Walker 01-30-2009 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;505746][I][B]THURSDAY 090129

[/B]Woke up with a [B]really [/B]sore back - - don't know why, but WO plans for today obviously changed.....

[B]Warm-up:
Stationary Cycling [/B]10:00 / L3 / 100 RPM / 2.6 mi / HR 100
[B]CFWU X 3, [/B]minus GHD Situps and back extensions. Arm circles, shoulder dislocates, trunk rotations and body circles included. Still didn't help back.....

[B]WOD:
[/B]Had planned on "Elizabeth". Changed to.....
[B]Clean Practice Session.
PVC cleans - - [/B]Focused on hip drive and form
[B]Burgener Warm-up (PVC)
45# bar - - 15 X 1. [/B]Again, focus on form and hip drive. [B]5 X 3 [/B]interspersed through heavier lifts to "remind me" of form.
[B]95# X 5 X 5. [/B]Didn't use any higher weight so I'd concentrate on form. There were several times the bar just flew up and I got under it really easily.....
This was the best experience I've yet had with cleans. Gotta keep at it.

[B]2K Row.[/B] Concentrated on leg drive.
[B]First 500m @ 20 - 22 SPM. Avg 2:02 - 2:05 / 500m. Got 1:59 once!
Remaining 1500m, moderate row. Avg 26 SPM.
Time: 8:45.[/B] Average over 2K - - 2:11+ /500m.

Called it good for today. Kinda BLAH, but just had this feeling that if I'd pushed, I might have injured myself. :(
[/I][/QUOTE]

Nice stuff Stephen! Great work on those cleans! That is great to work on the form. Berfore you know it you'll be throwing up (no, not vomiting!) higher and higher #'s!! or should I say pulling up?
Blah days suck but you used it to work on form and what better thing to do when you don't feel like pushing hard?!
nice job!:D

Helen Lawson 02-02-2009 10:28 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;505746][I][B]THURSDAY 090129

[/B]Woke up with a [B]really [/B]sore back - - don't know why, but WO plans for today obviously changed.....

[B]Warm-up:
Stationary Cycling [/B]10:00 / L3 / 100 RPM / 2.6 mi / HR 100
[B]CFWU X 3, [/B]minus GHD Situps and back extensions. Arm circles, shoulder dislocates, trunk rotations and body circles included. Still didn't help back.....

[B]WOD:
[/B]Had planned on "Elizabeth". Changed to.....
[B]Clean Practice Session.
PVC cleans - - [/B]Focused on hip drive and form
[B]Burgener Warm-up (PVC)
45# bar - - 15 X 1. [/B]Again, focus on form and hip drive. [B]5 X 3 [/B]interspersed through heavier lifts to "remind me" of form.
[B]95# X 5 X 5. [/B]Didn't use any higher weight so I'd concentrate on form. There were several times the bar just flew up and I got under it really easily.....
This was the best experience I've yet had with cleans. Gotta keep at it.

[B]2K Row.[/B] Concentrated on leg drive.
[B]First 500m @ 20 - 22 SPM. Avg 2:02 - 2:05 / 500m. Got 1:59 once!
Remaining 1500m, moderate row. Avg 26 SPM.
Time: 8:45.[/B] Average over 2K - - 2:11+ /500m.

Called it good for today. Kinda BLAH, but just had this feeling that if I'd pushed, I might have injured myself. :(
[/I][/QUOTE]

After the "Kilo" WOD and the Thrusters i don't blame your back for being sore! Nice work! :highfive:

Just curious, for the cleans are you doing power cleans or full squat cleans?

Stephen R. Lampl 02-02-2009 11:21 AM

[quote=Keith Walker;507131]Nice stuff Stephen! Great work on those cleans! That is great to work on the form. Berfore you know it you'll be throwing up (no, not vomiting!) higher and higher #'s!! or should I say pulling up?
Blah days suck but you used it to work on form and what better thing to do when you don't feel like pushing hard?!
nice job!:D[/quote]

Hey Keith,

Thanks for the great words of encouragement. Love the "throwing up" comment........

I'm not a very good patient when I get hurt, sick, or just tweak something.....would rather do something constructive.

Stephen R. Lampl 02-02-2009 11:27 AM

[quote=Helen Lawson;508689]After the "Kilo" WOD and the Thrusters i don't blame your back for being sore! Nice work! :highfive:

Just curious, for the cleans are you doing power cleans or full squat cleans?[/quote]

Thanks, Helen!

I don't think the back was sore due to DOMS. Tried stretching really carefully the other evening and heard/felt the lower left back/hip "pop" as it often does (sometimes I can't get it to, though and it'll hurt for a while). Feels much better now.

As for the cleans, I believe I was working on full squat cleans (from the floor). I'm trying to develop power right from the ground up and well.........just develop [I][B]anything[/B][/I] close to the correct form.

Stephen R. Lampl 02-02-2009 06:26 PM

[I][B]MONDAY 02022009

[/B]Returned from four days of traveling and "doing" Disneyland. My intention was to work out today, but my stomach is still doing flip-flops from all the food I took in the past days. I ate pretty sensibly......just too much.

No excuses tomorrow, though.

Had a little fun while at Disneyland. The "barrier" bars were just the right height and distance apart inside the "Blue Ribbon Bakery."
[/I]