CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Christin Street 01-27-2009 11:11 AM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

Nice job with the thruster/PU WOD!! Then Burpees!? Lordy!
Once your diet is dialed in you are going to be amazed at how much better you're gonna feel! Do it! Not gradually...all at once....see how you feel after a week. You'll be amazed (oops I already said that).

Stephen R. Lampl 01-27-2009 06:11 PM

[quote=Christin Street;503842]Nice job with the thruster/PU WOD!! Then Burpees!? Lordy!
Once your diet is dialed in you are going to be amazed at how much better you're gonna feel! Do it! Not gradually...all at once....see how you feel after a week. You'll be amazed (oops I already said that).[/quote]

Hey Christin,

Thanks! Couldn't figure out for a couple of days why I felt cruddy. Then the diet and eating the "crack" came to mind.......DUH!!! So going back to what I was doing - - already feel better today. Thanks again!

Stephen R. Lampl 01-27-2009 06:25 PM

[I][B]TUESDAY 090127

Warm-up:
Stationary Cycling: [/B]10:00 / L3 / 100 RPM / 2.6 miles / HR 96
[B]CFWU (modified) X 1:
[/B]Arm circles, shoulder dislocates and body circles, quad/hamstring stretches, calf stretches.

[B]WOD: "the Kilo"
For Time:
100 Jumping Jacks
100 Jumping Pull-ups
100 Push Presses 45#
100 Ab Mat Sit-ups (bent knee, feet on floor - unanchored)
100 Squats
100 Mountain Climbers
100 Box Jumps (18" high platform)
100 Flutter Kicks (4 count - - 400 total)
100 Kb Swings - 1 pood (35# dumbbell)
100 Push-ups
1000 Jump Rope Singles.
--------------------------
Time = 1:31:49 as Rx'd.
[/B]Sets of each exercise were broken or partitioned. Time included going up/down stairs for some of the exercises. This was fun! It was also a real mental challenge!

No dice on the New Year's Challenge today. Don't think I had any burpups left in me.....
[/I]

Justin McGinley 01-27-2009 08:11 PM

oh dear god. There's just no stopping you.

Jenna Dodge 01-27-2009 08:22 PM

Nice work on the Thrusters! 95lbs is a crazy amount of weight to use for 20 minutes AMRAP....

And that Kilo workout is on a whole different level. I wouldn't do it, simply for the 100 mountain climbers involved. I believe that's one of those "any a$$hole" workouts you'll learn about at cert...

Nice work!

Stephen R. Lampl 01-27-2009 11:02 PM

[quote=Justin McGinley;504358]oh dear god. There's just no stopping you.[/quote]

Actually Justin, I think it's more something about common sense. Maybe I'll get some by the time I grow up.......:D

Stephen R. Lampl 01-27-2009 11:07 PM

[quote=Jenna Rettenmayer;504369]Nice work on the Thrusters! 95lbs is a crazy amount of weight to use for 20 minutes AMRAP....[/quote]

Thank you, Jenna. I think this was one of the ones you mentioned doing to help prepare you for the Games. It was awesome to do......was surprised I even got the six rounds because I just don't seem to have the explosive strength to come up out of the bottom yet.

[quote=Jenna Rettenmayer;504369]And that Kilo workout is on a whole different level. I wouldn't do it, simply for the 100 mountain climbers involved. I believe that's one of those "any a$$hole" workouts you'll learn about at cert...

Nice work![/quote]

This one was fun. From the way you refer to the mountain climbers, I believe they may be different from what I did or know them to be. Anyway, thanks again!

Ray McKinley 01-28-2009 06:19 PM

The leg is getting better slowly but surely, but I will be giving it a rest for a while. A nasty looking bruise finally surfaced after about 5 days, but I have seen worse. MRI results will be in tommorow. So, I am continuing to improvise to do what I can with the upper body and very lightly on the legs.

Today's workout:

Warmup:
500 M Row
2 Upper Body circuits on the Bowflex

WOD:

3 Sets:
10L/10R 35 lb KB Presses
10L/10R 35 lb KB Rows

Plus:
100 Push-Ups partitioned
200 Sit-Ups partitioned
100 Dips partitioned
1000 Meter Easy Row 6:15

The whole deal kept me busy for about an hour and 15 minutes and burned off a good 1000 calories per my heart rate monitor.

If the MRI doesn't look too bad, then I will try to bring air squats into the mix next week.

Ray McKinley 01-28-2009 06:33 PM

Dude, the Kilo WOD is over the top. Nice!

Stephen R. Lampl 01-28-2009 06:40 PM

[quote=Ray McKinley;505189]The leg is getting better slowly but surely, but I will be giving it a rest for a while. A nasty looking bruise finally surfaced after about 5 days, but I have seen worse. MRI results will be in tommorow. So, I am continuing to improvise to do what I can with the upper body and very lightly on the legs.

Today's workout:

Warmup:
500 M Row
2 Upper Body circuits on the Bowflex

WOD:

3 Sets:
10L/10R 35 lb KB Presses
10L/10R 35 lb KB Rows

Plus:
100 Push-Ups partitioned
200 Sit-Ups partitioned
100 Dips partitioned
1000 Meter Easy Row 6:15

The whole deal kept me busy for about an hour and 15 minutes and burned off a good 1000 calories per my heart rate monitor.

If the MRI doesn't look too bad, then I will try to bring air squats into the mix next week.[/quote]

Nice work, Ray! Glad to hear that your leg is improving. With the bruising, I'd have to agree to a Level-2 tear. Hope your MRI shows things to be good for you to start the air squats. Those will help perfuse the muscle tissue and aid in recovery. If they are a bit much, perhaps some stationary butt-kickers (leg curls - - NO WEIGHT) would help too.

Take care. You'll be back up to snuff in no time.

BTW, thanks for the props on the "Kilo" WOD. I wanted to do a longer metcon........got my wish!