CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 06-20-2009 02:11 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

[I][B]090620 SATURDAY

[/B][/I]DOMS setting in - - especially the legs and shoulders. Shouldda known, but I was sooooooo happy to get through that WOD yesterday. It was worth every bit of discomfort!

Trying to figure out how to trash myself today......think I'm going to go work on building my parallettes....

Stephen R. Lampl 06-20-2009 08:50 PM

[I][B]090620 SATURDAY.......continued

[/B][/I]Parallettes are done! Can't wait to play with them.

[I][B]Worked out at CrossFit Sonora (YAY! we're almost there) - garage gym today.[/B][/I] (The link is now available on the Affiliates' Page)

[I][B]Warm-up:
[/B][/I][B]Jump Rope Singles and DU attempts. [/B]Approx. 1:00. Got about 6 or 7 DUs, but not linked.....
[B]CF Redding WU. [/B]

[I][B]WOD: "Grace"
For time: 30 reps C&J X 135# --> 15Kg plates (111#).
[/B][/I][B][COLOR=Black]Time: [COLOR=Red]6:42 PR! :pepper::pepper: [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]by default....[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][COLOR=Black][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]This is the first tiime I've ever done (and completed) this WOD at any weight. I am [B]stoked![/B] I think I've earned a rest day.......
Three more peppers for good measure :pepper::pepper::pepper:

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Stephen R. Lampl 06-20-2009 11:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd post some pix of my new parallettes!

Carter Jee 06-21-2009 02:13 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;611105]Thought I'd post some pix of my new parallettes![/QUOTE]

nice grace PR!!!!!

and good job on those parallettes.... God blessed some ppl with mechanical skills and you're one of them.... He had other gifts planned for me!!!

carter

Patrick Haskell 06-21-2009 05:42 AM

Way to keep working in the gym, when your energies are tied up elsewhere. That's a tough battle to fight, and you seem to be doing a fine job of it. I like the emphasis on form work, instead of WODs some days. There's lots of productive work that can be done in the gym that won't cause you to crash and burn, when you're feeling beat down.

Can't believe you tackled Grace two days in a row. I really can't believe you PRd it the next day. :shrug: That Friday workout looks positively beastly. Enjoy your well-earned rest day today.

Stephen R. Lampl 06-21-2009 01:46 PM

[quote=Carter Jee;611122]nice grace PR!!!!!

and good job on those parallettes.... God blessed some ppl with mechanical skills and you're one of them.... He had other gifts planned for me!!!

carter[/quote]

Thanks, Carter. That was one WOD I was actually frightened to try after (albeit, early-on in my CF journey) two failed attempts where I DNF....

I'm sure you don't give yourself enough credit on your mechanical skills.....

Stephen R. Lampl 06-21-2009 02:00 PM

[quote=Patrick Haskell;611157]Way to keep working in the gym, when your energies are tied up elsewhere. That's a tough battle to fight, and you seem to be doing a fine job of it. I like the emphasis on form work, instead of WODs some days. There's lots of productive work that can be done in the gym that won't cause you to crash and burn, when you're feeling beat down.

Can't believe you tackled Grace two days in a row. I really can't believe you PRd it the next day. :shrug: That Friday workout looks positively beastly. Enjoy your well-earned rest day today.[/quote]

Patrick,

Thanks so much for the great feedback and encouragement. I am always so pleased and honored that you are willing to stop by and provide suggestions and great training tips....

I have increased my protein and fat blocks just a bit (up to 18 protein) on Zone and have noticed a difference. I think that's why I had more in the tank Friday and was stupid (correct word usage here) enough to do more than the WOD........older is NOT necessarily wiser.....

I was apprehensive to try a full "Grace" after doing the partitioned one the day before, but my fire-breathing buddy wanted to do it after getting up at 5:00 a.m. and then flying home from Virginia yesterday morning. I figured that if he could tackle it as Rx'd with jet-lag, I figured I could do it scaled......

I am really appreciative of how things are starting to come together. Both Shana Alverson (CrossFit East Decatur) and Nick Hobby (CrossFit Excel - Escalon, CA) have been most helpful with pointers on squat form - - getting that dialed in has really helped my pull from the ground.

Stephen R. Lampl 06-23-2009 12:34 AM

[I][B]0906022 MONDAY

[/B][/I]Only got about 2-3 hours sleep last night - - my back gave me fits....

[I][B]Warm-up:
[/B][/I][B]Stationary Cycling: [/B]10:00 / L3 / 100 RPM / 2.6 miles
[B]CF Redding WU: [/B]Push ups and dips on parallettes. Sit-ups with PVC across shoulders on incline bench - 25 reps.

[B][I]OHS Practice:[/I] [/B]PVC X 10 X 5. Getting better.....

[B][I]Pull-ups:[/I]
Dead Hangs: [/B]OH Grip X 5. Parallel Grip X 8
[B]Kipping:[/B] OH grip on bar: 5, 4, 9.
Parallel Grip: [B][COLOR=Red]13! [/COLOR][/B][I][COLOR=Red](PR for reps)[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=Red], [/COLOR][COLOR=Black]10.[/COLOR]

[I][B]Kb Swings:
[/B][/I]35# X 10, 55# X 10, 70# X 10.

[I][B]WOD:[/B][/I]
Intended to do the Main Page today - - ended up making my back hurt more warming up on the Kbs.......subbed the pull-up WOD from yesterday; arms were so fried, I couldn't get through more than one round - - DNF

[I][B]Alternate WOD:
[/B][/I][B]Rowing: [/B]30:00 / 6,688m / 2:14.5 average pace per 500m.
First 2K in 9:22. 5K in 22:57. Next 500m rowed at 1:55 pace. Slowed back down to finish.

Stephen R. Lampl 06-23-2009 04:32 PM

[I][B]090623 TUESDAY

Warm-up:
[/B][/I][B]Walk/Run: [/B]Treadmill / 10:00 / .80 miles. Walk at 4.0 MPH. Run 400m @ 6.0 MPH, Walk at 4.0; run .10 miles at 8.0 MPH, walk at 4.0 until 10:00 mark.
[B]CFRedding Warm-up: [/B]Subbed in 50 Abmat sit-ups (unanchored) for GHDs. OHS X 15 (PVC), and 6 DHPU.

[B][I]WOD:[/I][/B]
[B]Front Squat 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. Post loads.
[I]Warm-ups:
[/I][/B]PVC X 15
45# X 10
95# X 10
[I][B]Working:
[/B][/I]115# X 3
135# X 3
145# X 3
155# X 3 [I](lost focus and form started to suffer. Corrected on 3rd rep)[/I]
[B][COLOR=Red]160# X 3[/COLOR][I] [COLOR=Red](PR[/COLOR][/I][/B][COLOR=Red][I][B] by 15#). [/B][/I][/COLOR][COLOR=Black]Last FS 145# 090504.[/COLOR] [I](Good form - - felt like I should have tried 165#.....)

[B]Other Work:[/B][/I]
[B]Kipping Pull-ups: [/B]Used parallel grip. 10, 10, 5 = 25. Every rep was chest to bar/(handles). First time [B][U]ever[/U][/B] getting C2B on more than one rep! YAY for pull-up [B][COLOR=Red]PR[/COLOR][/B]s!

[B]Running: [/B]
Run 1:00 at 8.0 MPH
Rest 1:00 at 4.0 MPH
Run 0:45 at 10.0 MPH. Felt left hamstring pull slightly at :45, so I called it good there and quit for the day.

Justin McGinley 06-23-2009 08:49 PM

Nice work today! Your pull-ups have come so far.