CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   CrossPit (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   UFC 134-Silva Vs. Okami (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=69693)

Danim Suer 08-21-2011 10:09 PM

UFC 134-Silva Vs. Okami

The UFC is headed back to Brazil with some interesting bouts on the card. I am pretty interested to see how Okami will do against Silva when they meet for the second time in their careers. Sonnen is apparently going to be cornering Okami for the fight.

The rest of the card look pretty solid with Nogueira, Schaub, Rua, Griffin, Pualo Thiago, Barboza, Palhares, and Miller.

Doug Blankenship 08-22-2011 02:10 AM

Re: UFC 134-Silva Vs. Okami

[QUOTE=Danim Suer;977317]The UFC is headed back to Brazil with some interesting bouts on the card. I am pretty interested to see how Okami will do against Silva when they meet for the second time in their careers. Sonnen is apparently going to be cornering Okami for the fight.

The rest of the card look pretty solid with Nogueira, Schaub, Rua, Griffin, Pualo Thiago, Barboza, Palhares, and Miller.[/QUOTE]

It's not a bad card. Look for A. Silva to win via TKO and Big Nog to get ground and pounded to death. Shogun vs. Forrest has decision written all over it.

Danim Suer 08-22-2011 03:07 PM

Yeah I think the forrest and shogun fight will go down to a decision but it's always interesting which shogun will show up for the fight.

I'm sure not everyone feels the same way I do but I enjoy watching Silva fight even when he isn't doing much. I enjoy watching the styles he uses and his footwork.

Pearse Shields 08-22-2011 08:28 PM

I enjoy watching Silva fight, when he actually fights. I sure as heck hope he actually goes out and works this fight. All the same, I kinda want to see Okami take this out; you know how it is about wanting someone who is seemingly invincible get beat.

Forrest Griffin is one of my favourite personalities in MMA, so I'm cheering for him in this card too.

Can't wait to watch this card!

Celio Silva 08-24-2011 01:29 PM

Look for Silva & Shogun to destroy their opponents.

Doug Blankenship 08-26-2011 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=Celio Silva;978405]Look for Silva & Shogun to destroy their opponents.[/QUOTE]

No one really destroys Forrest. (Except A. Silva :))

Eric A. Brown 08-26-2011 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=Celio Silva;978405]Look for Silva & Shogun to destroy their opponents.[/QUOTE]

Why was I not surprised to read this from you?

:)

I hope they both win myself.

Pearse Shields 08-26-2011 03:38 PM

I still say I like the underdogs in both of these fights... Even if they are probably going to lose.

Celio Silva 08-26-2011 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=Doug Blankenship;979221]No one really destroys Forrest. (Except A. Silva :))[/QUOTE]

...and Rashad ...and Shogun tomorrow night :)

I think brazilians are gonna tear this one up!

Silva by KO ...the kind of KO you only get from Silva
Shogun by TKO
Schuab by KO
Tavares by decision
Thiago by submission
Barbosa by KO/TKO
Palhares by submission

It's gonna be sick, don't blink!

Doug Blankenship 08-27-2011 07:32 AM

[QUOTE=Celio Silva;979347]...and Rashad ...and Shogun tomorrow night :)

I think brazilians are gonna tear this one up!

Silva by KO ...the kind of KO you only get from Silva
Shogun by TKO
Schuab by KO
Tavares by decision
Thiago by submission
Barbosa by KO/TKO
Palhares by submission

It's gonna be sick, don't blink![/QUOTE]

Rashad didn't destroy him, just dominated him for a while :).

I agree about big gulp Nog, he's probably going to sleep.