CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 09-08-2010 01:22 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;840055]Your scapula sounds in better condition than mine, its going to be one of my stretching goats I need to revisit a few times. Nice work on the rings and hspus's , the 3 is yours next time around and remember the ring dips probably tired out your pressing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I'm going to get rthe HSPU's back. As for the rolling, I have rolled the crap out of my shoulders for a wile. I guess it is working, but the left side is not as good as the right.

Nik Nichols 09-08-2010 01:26 PM

3:00 break
10 HSPU's The first 5 were broke with at least 2 misses. I almost gave up on the 10 reps. Took a long rest after rep 4, got 5. long rest knocked out the other 5 It was hand placement and I guess the first half as a warm up. But I got them. Hands were where it felt good. I'm just working on doing them at this point. Once I get a bit better I will watch the hand placement more. But it wasnt really wider either way.

after 100 DU's time 2:41
Man I did ok till 50 or so then shoulders wrre blown, I just worked through it as bast I could. Good place to start.

Scott Jenkins 09-09-2010 02:36 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;840079]3:00 break
10 HSPU's The first 5 were broke with at least 2 misses. I almost gave up on the 10 reps. Took a long rest after rep 4, got 5. long rest knocked out the other 5 It was hand placement and I guess the first half as a warm up. But I got them. Hands were where it felt good. I'm just working on doing them at this point. Once I get a bit better I will watch the hand placement more. But it wasnt really wider either way.

after 100 DU's time 2:41
Man I did ok till 50 or so then shoulders wrre blown, I just worked through it as bast I could. Good place to start.[/QUOTE]

Good to see you smashing your goats on rest day and your doubles sound like mine, first 50 strong then everything starts getting hard.

FRAN , I hate that workout, c2b as usual.

Nik Nichols 09-09-2010 06:22 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;840322]Good to see you smashing your goats on rest day and your doubles sound like mine, first 50 strong then everything starts getting hard.

FRAN , I hate that workout, c2b as usual.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, yea, I'm with you on fran, I saw it and just grunted. I'm not big on fran. But I will be going hard. I need a good metcon after the last one.

C2B for sure.

Scott Jenkins 09-09-2010 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;840383]Thanks Scott, yea, I'm with you on fran, I saw it and just grunted. I'm not big on fran. But I will be going hard. I need a good metcon after the last one.

C2B for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I cannot believe so many people get so excited about 'Fran' and there's always so many more time postings on comments. Chest to bar is the only way to go on this one, I get fed up with seeing turkey necking butterfly reps, you get a much better workout with the full chest touch.

Some nice prep for thrusters on mobility WOD also today.

Nik Nichols 09-09-2010 06:37 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;840390]Yeah I cannot believe so many people get so excited about 'Fran' and there's always so many more time postings on comments. Chest to bar is the only way to go on this one, I get fed up with seeing turkey necking butterfly reps, you get a much better workout with the full chest touch.

Some nice prep for thrusters on mobility WOD also today.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA ''turkey necking!'' Yea, I know if I can do it C2B then head over is easy. It is half effoert for me now to get head over.

I'm with you, I never really got into the fran think. In all honesty I don't remember or keep track of my fran time. It would be funny if some one asked me. I say''I don't know.'' the look after that would be great.

Nik Nichols 09-09-2010 06:39 AM

A.M. warm up. 20 GHD's
20 Back ext 40 lbs
30 chest to deck pulsups
30 OHS's with bar.

Still no situps. Rash is feeling better today though.

Scott Jenkins 09-09-2010 06:43 AM

I had to search back through my log to find my pr for today. Your right, if somebody asks what your Fran pr is I always think they must be a beginner at crossfit as its the sort of thing people who dont know much about Cf ask, like as if its one of only 10 workouts we do, get it all the time at the globo, will see someone who dabbles with crossfit and they will come over and say: "Fancy doing Fran today scott", or "King Kong" !!

Funny an anagram for FRAN is RANT if you change the F for a T.

Nik Nichols 09-09-2010 11:02 AM

"Fran"

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups C2B

time 5:56
last times were

6:27
6:16
6:40
6:50
7:00

I sprent 30 min warming up doing the KStar streches.

I did 1 rep pullup and NO thrusters for warm up. i just streched and did 20 DU's to get my hart rate up. Feels good to PR after the otherdays train wreck.

thrusters were 21 in a row. 11 and 4(I think that is how it broke up) last round was 5and 4. On the thrusters last time i took atleast two breaths at the top in rack position, this tis time it was one breath at the top and go, it was a good rythum and kept me from getting to gassed.

pullups 21 unbroken. The 15 were 10 and 5, I was gassed from the thrusters I was kicking myself for letting go of the bar. The 9 were unbroken.

Laurie Smith 09-09-2010 11:20 AM

Great job Nik!! You killed it.