CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Marianne Urbanski 08-24-2010 04:42 AM

Re: Nik

[quote=Laurie Smith;832342]EXTREMELY PAINFUL!!!!

I rolled out and did the Burgener Warmup on my lunch and it hurt so bad. Especially my butt. I couldn't even sit on a padded mat without being in pain. :([/quote]

haha.. Ouch!! I remember when I did that death by squats I felt like that for a week!! I don't know how worth it is to do these crazy ones. Funny... I looked at the 400M lunge WOD and I thought: "that is a good one to remember when I am traveling"... I think I am gonna re-think that one based on how you and Laurie are feeling!!

Hope you are able to sit soon!! :rofl:

Marianne Urbanski 08-24-2010 05:47 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;826310]"Coe"

Ten rounds for time of:
95 pound Thruster, 10 reps
10 Ring push-ups

time 26:30

all about the thrusters, I did them in sets of 5 and would get dizzy and lips would tingle a little after 5 rounds. I would wait for the dizzy to go away to go again.
cleamed the bar from the ground
first 2 rouinds unbroken.
i feel pretty good about it inspite of the time. I know I was looking at the bar a lot, but I don't think I could have done much more in this heat. I was pushing some edges as it was. I can't wait for it to cool off.

God bless your familly Coe and thank you for your service.

AlL ring pushups unbroken .[/quote]

i'm doing Coe today..
I thought I remembered you did it recently, so I searched for it..
Man.. I am not looking forward to it..
I am NOT going to scale --65# for women. It will be very hard for me considering there is going to be 100 of them, but I will just take my time and go for strength and not time.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this one tough!!

Nik Nichols 08-24-2010 05:58 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;832581]haha.. Ouch!! I remember when I did that death by squats I felt like that for a week!! I don't know how worth it is to do these crazy ones. Funny... I looked at the 400M lunge WOD and I thought: "that is a good one to remember when I am traveling"... I think I am gonna re-think that one based on how you and Laurie are feeling!!

Hope you are able to sit soon!! :rofl:[/QUOTE]
I am sore. Glutes and , just lowere everything. I'm moving arround ok, but squating hurts, glutes just hurt. For the boat, I'd say cut it in half. You will still get a good workout, but not as bad. I took 385 lunges, you being right a 5 foot would havetaken more. So say 150 or 160 lunges sould be good. What do you think?
[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;832608]i'm doing Coe today..
I thought I remembered you did it recently, so I searched for it..
Man.. I am not looking forward to it..
I am NOT going to scale --65# for women. It will be very hard for me considering there is going to be 100 of them, but I will just take my time and go for strength and not time.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this one tough!![/QUOTE]

On Coe. DON'T thing of total ammount of thrusters, you are not doing 100 thrusters in a row, so don't think of it like that. You are doing 10 sets of 10. Remember to relax and BREATH on the thrusters.

GO steady and I want you to do something for me. When it gets hard I want you to do one more rep fo ME. Just because I want you to. If I was there coaching you I would ask for one more rep, I always do. So I'm asking you now. When you want to put it down do one more rep.

Nik Nichols 08-24-2010 06:02 AM

Scott, you were right. I did not rember the doms being this bad last time. I haven't even checked what todays workout is for fear. :D

I am glad I did it for the better time, and I'm sure my glutes got some good work from it. But it hurts. That and I though of doing something else, but it was perfect for the weekend, it was ''easy '' to do with Martin with me, just go once arround the track and done. But like I said, you were right, there are some huge doms from it.

Scott Jenkins 08-24-2010 06:08 AM

[URL="http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/"]http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Oh yes , have a look at this, be a good extra for your daytime breaks, Im going to follow it, he really knows he's stuff and he makes me laugh.

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;832617]Scott, you were right. I did not rember the doms being this bad last time. I haven't even checked what todays workout is for fear. :D

I am glad I did it for the better time, and I'm sure my glutes got some good work from it. But it hurts. That and I though of doing something else, but it was perfect for the weekend, it was ''easy '' to do with Martin with me, just go once arround the track and done. But like I said, you were right, there are some huge doms from it.[/QUOTE]

The only way you can avoid these DOMs is by doing shorter walking lunges a couple of times per week and then after that you would be ready for the 400m version. We do enough already without keeping our bodies ready for a walking lunge though. Just keep rolling Nik and go have a look at todays WOD , its a good one, dont think it will give you too much bother.

Nik Nichols 08-24-2010 06:39 AM

Great link already going to do some of that and keep watching the blog.

Yea, I'm not adding lunges as extras, like you said, I have so much more to keep up with as it is, and I can always do lunges.

I looked at today, and actually it looks like it will help with the DOMS really. Hope for under 30 min.

Did you watch the demo video? They were saying that the jumps were the worst and were demorilizing to have to get through 50 reps each time. So if Pat Barber said that, I will be getting my mind ready for that to happen and the idea of Monty trying to break me down in it.

Getting through the jumps is key to a good time. That and getting some kind of speed on the squats for me after the lunges from Sunday.

What do you think Scott?

Scott Jenkins 08-24-2010 06:55 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;832637]Great link already going to do some of that and keep watching the blog.

Yea, I'm not adding lunges as extras, like you said, I have so much more to keep up with as it is, and I can always do lunges.

I looked at today, and actually it looks like it will help with the DOMS really. Hope for under 30 min.

Did you watch the demo video? They were saying that the jumps were the worst and were demorilizing to have to get through 50 reps each time. So if Pat Barber said that, I will be getting my mind ready for that to happen and the idea of Monty trying to break me down in it.

Getting through the jumps is key to a good time. That and getting some kind of speed on the squats for me after the lunges from Sunday.

What do you think Scott?[/QUOTE]

Just tried out todays mobility stretch and I am telling you now my hip flexors feel the best they have in a long time, they was sore 10 minutes ago, now I am pushing on them and there's no pain.

Yes I watched the video and its most certainly all about the jumps. I think the workout would be so much easier with lower jumps and that is why we have to make sure we get the correct height. I am going to meausre the ceiling at the globo and if its too low I will take out some of the plasterboards from the ceiling and jump my hand through the hole. Got an 18" ruler in my bag to make sure :stir: As a young lady in the video says "Get the work done", thats the strategy today.

Ernie Guevara 08-24-2010 06:57 AM

Yup the 50 jumps are gonna be the key to success in this one. It should have the same effect as 50 box jumps. Nice steady pace on them should be the key to success on it. The rest should be like a weird version of Barbara.

Nik Nichols 08-24-2010 07:22 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;832651]Just tried out todays mobility stretch and I am telling you now my hip flexors feel the best they have in a long time, they was sore 10 minutes ago, now I am pushing on them and there's no pain.

Yes I watched the video and its most certainly all about the jumps. I think the workout would be so much easier with lower jumps and that is why we have to make sure we get the correct height. I am going to meausre the ceiling at the globo and if its too low I will take out some of the plasterboards from the ceiling and jump my hand through the hole. Got an 18" ruler in my bag to make sure :stir: As a young lady in the video says "Get the work done", thats the strategy today.[/QUOTE]
I will do the streches in a bit, I had to get my''warm up'' in.

I have a forklift so I can raise the fork and rpoe and plate to exactly 18 inches, I'm fortunant there.
The only negitive for me is I will have to go about 20 feet or more from the fork lift to the pullup rack. It is what it is.

So a stirry man and you quoting a girl telling me to get the work done eh!! I'm going at it 100%. Just have to keep a good head on the jumps and not let them break me down. Good mental focus on the jumps.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;832653]Yup the 50 jumps are gonna be the key to success in this one. It should have the same effect as 50 box jumps. Nice steady pace on them should be the key to success on it. The rest should be like a weird version of Barbara.[/QUOTE]

It is cool every one has to jump the same 18 inches. There is no height advantage or dissadvantage.

Nik Nichols 08-24-2010 07:22 AM

A.M warm up
30 GHDs
30 back ext 40lbs
20 abmatt situps 45lbs plate
30 OHS's with bar.