CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 05-13-2010 09:21 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

[I][B]100513 THURSDAY - - P.M. WORKOUT

[/B]Yeah, felt so blasted good today I HAD to do another workout. . . .

[B]Warm-up
CF Sonora WU [/B](Same as this mornings, but got the wall balls right the first time!) :rofl:

[B]WOD: "Jackie" for time:
[/B][/I]1000m Row
50 X 45# thrusters
30 pull-ups
[B]Time: 10:50 (Rx'd).
[/B][I]My first meeting with "Jackie." Wanted to bust 10:00, but considering how gassed I got, I was happy with my time.[/I]

Stephen R. Lampl 05-14-2010 01:50 PM

[I][B]100514 - - FRIDAY (6 a.m. workout)....

Warm-up
[/B][/I]400m run
15 DROM
15 Shoulder Pass Throughs
10 X 2 Body Circles
15 Squat Therapy
10 Hip Extensions
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Pull-ups
10 Ring Dips (subbed bar dip negatives)

[I][B]Strength/Skill Work: Push Jerks/Split Jerks 3, 3, 3.
[/B][/I]Warm-up:
45# X 10 Shoulder Press
95# X 3 Push Press
95# X 3 Push Jerk/split jerk (fundamentals)
95# X 3 Split Jerk (worked landings with adjusted width for better balance)
135# X 3
Working:
140# X 3
145# X 3
150 X 2 (Failed on 3).
[I]Felt good with these - - previous 1RM was 155#.
[/I]Finished with more skill work at 95# (split jerk)
3, 3, 3.

[I][B]WOD: 3 Rounds for Time of:
[/B][/I]400m Run
15 X Thrusters (95#/65#) ---> used 75#
[B]TIME: 11:29.
[/B][I]Glad I scaled this to 75# - - Posterior chain fried from previous two days of PC dependent work![/I]

Laurie Smith 05-14-2010 04:20 PM

I have to get more push jerks and push presses into my routine again. They are both meshing into one. :rofl:

Dave Coughlin 05-14-2010 08:28 PM

Wow Steve, nice body of work you've got going over here:highfive:

-Uber density DLs sound very scary, :notworth:for 20 minutes of focuses heavy pulling to you, my friend.
-Jackie is a sneaky little WOD. One minute you're halfway through your thrusters, thinking "I might go sub8 minutes". Next thing you know you're doing your last pullups one at a time, hoping for under 15:eek:
-Love love love the running/thruster cuplet, or any running/lifting cuplet for that matter.
-Friday seemed like a lot of volume, I hope you are eating/resting accordingly.

Stephen R. Lampl 05-16-2010 12:37 AM

Hey Dave,

Thank you for the kind words! Things are finally coming together and I feel like I am thriving on the workouts again!

I loved the DL density thing....couldda gone on a few more rounds, I believe, but I think I missed the point behind this WOD - - induce failure after just a few rounds to develop the neuro-muscular pathway.

The running couplets kill me.....my legs turn to rubber and I sorta end up shuffling through.......gotta get my wind up and learn to use the lactic acid.

Thanks about the eating and resting too. Could use just a little more rest, but otherwise, am doing fairly well, other than having a bit of trouble kicking some of the "crack." It's getting easier again, though - - I can really feel it when I eat poorly.

Stephen R. Lampl 05-16-2010 12:57 AM

[I][B]100515 SATURDAY.

CROSSFIT SONORA GRAND OPENING DAY AND FUNDRAISER FOR TUOLUMNE COUNTY SEARCH AND RESCUE.

[/B][/I]Lots of fun today. We did a search and rescue simulation exercise/WOD:
[B]For time:[/B]
50m Sandbag Carry (100#/50#)
500m Row
15 Box Jumps (Tractor Tire) - est 20" high
15 Sledge Hammer Swings Rt.
15 Sledge Hammer Swings Lt.
Rope bag toss (Est 50' / 40') - target - center of tractor tire.
Litter Raise (55#/35#)
50m Sand Bag Carry (100#/50#)
[B]Time: 6:10.[/B] I would have been a lot faster, but I couldn't hit the target with the rope bag(s) for anything - - figure I lost about a minute. I'm guessing I might get passed over for selection to the horseshoe throwing team.....:rofl::rofl:

BTW, met the uncle of one of our fire breathers at our box today. He's an inspirational, athletic 39-year old who has not done a lot of CrossFit workouts. On his first attempt at a 95# snatch, he nails it! Same with a muscle-up.....never has tried one. His nephew demonstrates one using a kip; he ups and does a strict muscle-up by mistake like it was nothing...... Does the word "envy" convey how I feel.....

Stephen R. Lampl 05-16-2010 10:57 PM

[I][B]100516 SUNDAY

Rest Day. [/B][/I]Got a bit of a workout at Starbucks today.....some heavy cleaning (with soap, not weights.....) and moving heavy stuff.....

BTW, played around with trying to get a muscle-up yesterday.....I am so close. Need to work on the explosiveness of the kip and the body mechanics and/or increase my "power to weight ratio."

Benjamin R. Greene 05-16-2010 10:58 PM

Hey Steve, congrats on all the good workouts. You are an inspiration.

Stephen R. Lampl 05-16-2010 11:36 PM

Thanks, Ben!

Laurie Smith 05-17-2010 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;784624][I][B]100515 SATURDAY.

CROSSFIT SONORA GRAND OPENING DAY AND FUNDRAISER FOR TUOLUMNE COUNTY SEARCH AND RESCUE.

[/B][/I]Lots of fun today. We did a search and rescue simulation exercise/WOD:
[B]For time:[/B]
50m Sandbag Carry (100#/50#)
500m Row
15 Box Jumps (Tractor Tire) - est 20" high
15 Sledge Hammer Swings Rt.
15 Sledge Hammer Swings Lt.
Rope bag toss (Est 50' / 40') - target - center of tractor tire.
Litter Raise (55#/35#)
50m Sand Bag Carry (100#/50#)
[B]Time: 6:10.[/B] I would have been a lot faster, but I couldn't hit the target with the rope bag(s) for anything - - figure I lost about a minute. I'm guessing I might get passed over for selection to the horseshoe throwing team.....:rofl::rofl:

BTW, met the uncle of one of our fire breathers at our box today. He's an inspirational, athletic 39-year old who has not done a lot of CrossFit workouts. On his first attempt at a 95# snatch, he nails it! Same with a muscle-up.....never has tried one. His nephew demonstrates one using a kip; he ups and does a strict muscle-up by mistake like it was nothing...... Does the word "envy" convey how I feel.....[/QUOTE]

Haha...sounded like a blast!!