CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 09-22-2010 08:09 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;846314]Will do on the heating pad.

Yea that chipper is imposible at a gym. It would reall be 12 different sets with all the waiting for equipment, no metcon at all.

Michael was fun, I liked it.[/QUOTE]

You only have to go and re-fill your water bottle and someone trys to take your bar so it would be mission impossible.

Looking forward to Michael, although there is nowhere outside to do back ext so will have to use a treadmill, just means I have to go faster so no worries.

Nik Nichols 09-22-2010 08:26 AM

10:00 break
8min rolling my back from foam roller to base ball.
1min each side hip streches with foot on wall knee to wall.

Nik Nichols 09-22-2010 10:54 AM

I tried the mobility drills
I got 1:30 each side on the hip streches, I dont think I was doing it right though. I was leaning way forward.

On the shoulders strech. I got 1 min it was killing my elbows even with my thumbs ontop, so I stopped there.

8 min foam roll middle back area. Still sore.

On other news. We are moving locations. So this week and weekend and begining next week. The workout will be a trick to do. I mover all the workout equipment to one big pile for now. I don't know when they are wanting to move the equipment.

So as for now it is still with me. I will have to take it as it comes and do what I can till we get moved.

Marianne Urbanski 09-22-2010 12:31 PM

Nice job on Michael yesterday, Nik.. that is one of my standards that I try to do a couple times a year. I have never gotten down under 24 though!! great job!! :highfive:

Nik Nichols 09-22-2010 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;846475]Nice job on Michael yesterday, Nik.. that is one of my standards that I try to do a couple times a year. I have never gotten down under 24 though!! great job!! :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Thanks It was fun, I like the run, I need it.

Nik Nichols 09-22-2010 01:27 PM

3:00 break

9 min rolling my back
2 min piegon pose each side
1 min hip strech.

Laurie Smith 09-22-2010 02:22 PM

Great job on the wod Nik! This looked like a fun one.

Shane Atkinson 09-22-2010 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;846275]A.M. warmup

For time:
25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang squat cleans, 35 pound dumbells
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
3 Rope climb ascents
[/QUOTE]

A lot of great work being posted in here Nik, keep it up. This one looks like a great time, can't wait to hit it. Great job pushing through this one!

Nik Nichols 09-23-2010 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;846554]Great job on the wod Nik! This looked like a fun one.[/QUOTE]
It really was a fun one. I liked it. even the wallball wasn't so bad.
[QUOTE=Shane Atkinson;846564]A lot of great work being posted in here Nik, keep it up. This one looks like a great time, can't wait to hit it. Great job pushing through this one![/QUOTE]

Thanks Shane.

Nik Nichols 09-23-2010 06:34 AM

Shoulder Press 3-3-3-3-3-3-3
1.115lbs
2.115lbs
3.115lbs
4.120lbs x2
5.120lbs
6.120lbs
7.120lbs
8.120lbs

It all felt pretty good. My shoulders are slowly coming back. No shoulder pain. I'm not as strong as last time, but I'm happy with today's effort.
Last time I hit 135 for the last set.

Oh yes, I know it was 7 sets, I just wanted to hit one more for the set I only hit 2 reps. Kind of a make up.

Scott Jenkins 09-23-2010 06:48 AM

Getting the work done earlier and earlier Nik. High numbers across the board there, good to see your still going with the more work done way of getting all 7 sets high. Glad the shoulders not feeling pain.

Nik Nichols 09-23-2010 06:55 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;846819]Getting the work done earlier and earlier Nik. High numbers across the board there, good to see your still going with the more work done way of getting all 7 sets high. Glad the shoulders not feeling pain.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott. I really don't know why I'mk hitting the workout early, usually I'm on the boards and just do a warm up. But it feels pretty good so far to hit them early. I knew I could knock todays out pretty easy with the time I had this morning. That is what I gauge it by.

Yea, I wanted it as high as I could get. I need the shoulder work, and it is getting better. I'm so glad there was no pain in the shoulders.

Scott Jenkins 09-23-2010 06:59 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;846823]Thanks Scott. I really don't know why I'mk hitting the workout early, usually I'm on the boards and just do a warm up. But it feels pretty good so far to hit them early. I knew I could knock todays out pretty easy with the time I had this morning. That is what I gauge it by.

Yea, I wanted it as high as I could get. I need the shoulder work, and it is getting better. I'm so glad there was no pain in the shoulders.[/QUOTE]

Why not hit it early if you have time, at least then you know how much energy you have left if any extras are needed.

Great news on the pain free shoulders, yesterday was also the first time with hspu's I have not felt any pain, mobility WOD shoulder work probably has helped us both.

Ernie Guevara 09-23-2010 08:29 AM

Good consistent numbers today Nik. Glad to hear the shoulders are getting better and better. I'm beginning to get jealous of your early workouts lol. I'm gonna have to start doing my 6am sessions again so I don't feel left out lol.

Nik Nichols 09-23-2010 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;846884]Good consistent numbers today Nik. Glad to hear the shoulders are getting better and better. I'm beginning to get jealous of your early workouts lol. I'm gonna have to start doing my 6am sessions again so I don't feel left out lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks , come on to the early times. It is good for waking you up!

Nik Nichols 09-23-2010 08:34 AM

10:00 break

2reps every min for 15 min
weighter pullups 53lbs

Felt good for my back. kind of like streching it out.

Nik Nichols 09-23-2010 10:58 AM

Mobility workout
2 min each like he said.
2 min each side calf streches(I di theas all the time, getting better)
2 min each side hip streches (easy to some of the other hip work we do)
2 min each side hamstring streches. tough one. It kind of turned my stomach.

10 MU's full turnout.
5 in a row
it went 5/2/3.

My back is still sore a bit. So I'm going easy till it comes arround.

Scott Jenkins 09-23-2010 12:39 PM

Great work on the 5 consecutive MU's, strong work Nik.

My backs a bit iffy today after the back extensions, I reckon its just a bit of tiredness in the lower back muscles for us all.

Nik Nichols 09-23-2010 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;847043]Great work on the 5 consecutive MU's, strong work Nik.

My backs a bit iffy today after the back extensions, I reckon its just a bit of tiredness in the lower back muscles for us all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I know where I mess up my back, I was moving a mower and wasn't watching how I was doing it and pulled funny. I know we have hit alot of back stiff and I'm sure it was tired, but it didn't help jacking arround with the mower. Take care of you back(like you need me telling you that)

Nik Nichols 09-24-2010 06:28 AM

Ok My back is in bits. I'm hurting pretty bad today. I took Ibuprofin last night and was on the heating pad . I feel a bit better today, but still real sore.

No extras of any kind, I'll be lucky to make it through the days work with out agrovating it further.

I will probably skip the weekend workouts if it is still hurting. I have got to get past this. Also I have ot work Sat and Sun so I wont have those days off to rest from work either.

I'm working on keeping from getting down from this. It sucks. But as long as I'm carefull I'll get past it. I just have to relax and rest. It sucks my back is hurting and i have to work though. That means I have to watch every move and work and recover at the same time.

I'll be streching and rolling as much as I can for it. Pray for me.

Scott Jenkins 09-24-2010 06:33 AM

Sorry to hear your backs bad today, you know what you need to do. Just take every movement carefully, if you catch it picking something up it will escalate so try and keep very very careful. Mines not great today and Ernie also, very strange.

Marianne Urbanski 09-24-2010 06:34 AM

I hope you feel better soon, Nik..
I definitely think we don't do enough "deloading" and "rest and recovery" work with crossfit. I am going to start incorporating a deloading week in my workout programs about every 5th week or so. Our muscles will thank us!!

Have a great weekend, nik an hope you feel better soon!:highfive:

Ernie Guevara 09-24-2010 07:27 AM

What the heck is going on with us three lol! We are gonna be know as the "achy breaky back" crew! Well I hope it heals fast nik. You know what to do so just stick to the plan. We are all gonna need canes pretty soon atthis rate lol.

Nik Nichols 09-24-2010 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;847348]Sorry to hear your backs bad today, you know what you need to do. Just take every movement carefully, if you catch it picking something up it will escalate so try and keep very very careful. Mines not great today and Ernie also, very strange.[/QUOTE]
You are right. I am being extra careful. It is a tightness, real tight across the middle of my back just under the ribs and across the bottom of the ribs. I so thankful it isnt my lower back. but it still hurts.

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;847349]I hope you feel better soon, Nik..
I definitely think we don't do enough "deloading" and "rest and recovery" work with crossfit. I am going to start incorporating a deloading week in my workout programs about every 5th week or so. Our muscles will thank us!!

Have a great weekend, nik an hope you feel better soon!:highfive:[/QUOTE]
By cross fit, we are supose to have a ''half intensity'' week every month. It is up to us though, they don't program it in.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;847381]What the heck is going on with us three lol! We are gonna be know as the "achy breaky back" crew! Well I hope it heals fast nik. You know what to do so just stick to the plan. We are all gonna need canes pretty soon atthis rate lol.[/QUOTE]

HAHA that made me laught man thanks. It is wierd I'll give you that!

Ok so I broke down and took Ibuprofin again today. I will not lift If I'm taking meds either way. My back is looser now. Still a bit sore, but better then this morning. I will be carefull of it for the weekend. And see how it goes. I worked through 10:00 break, so I will hope to strech it and rest at lunch.

Thanks Guys for the support, it reall keep me going in time like this. :highfive:

Camille Lore 09-24-2010 09:35 AM

Get better Nik. I'm glad to see you taking it easy and doing some prehab/rehab stuff.
I try to listen to my body more these days. I may not be a firebreather, but I'm able to do the activities I like without taking time off.
That works for me. :p

Scott Jenkins 09-27-2010 07:50 AM

Hope your ok mate, strange to not here any updates for this long.

Nik Nichols 09-27-2010 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;848231]Hope your ok mate, strange to not here any updates for this long.[/QUOTE]

Ya MISS me?

Ok so I haven't worked out sence Friday. I worked 13 hours straight no real breaks, 14 hours straight on Sunday. We moved to a new location. I have beed moving equipment and pallets and pallet racking. It has been rough.

I didn't workout because I was just wrecked and the workout equipment is all rapped up on pallets as we speak. I haven't set up our workout station yet and it will probably take me a wile to get it all sorted out.

The pullup/squat/bench rack is still at the old place, but I got everything else overhear which is where I will be from now on.

Looks like I can do todays workout with out trouble. I will see what tomorrows workout is and make a judgement.

in the move I reall workout my shoulder. Scott I have the exact pain you do behind my shoulder blade again. It is real bad this time. I know it was from abuse on moving and lifting and tearing down and rebuilding racks.

Oh and today is the first day I have had internet. I got home so late I didn't even log on.

I'll catch up on everyone tomorrow. I need a time to beat on todays workout. ;)

Jay Rhodes 09-27-2010 03:44 PM

Welcome back buddy!

Marianne Urbanski 09-27-2010 04:01 PM

maybe a 'deload" or "rest week" is in order????? :) hope all is well soon for you, Nik!:highfive:

Scott Jenkins 09-28-2010 12:09 AM

Yeah take care if you hit todays or yesterdays WOD. On the scapula pain you need to get a bit of massage in there, it worked for me after two days. Good to see you back Nik and that it was being busy keeping you away and not injury.

Ernie Guevara 09-28-2010 05:01 AM

Glad to hear you're back buddy! Get back on track once you are all settled in. Maybe a day or two off to take care of that shoulder will do u some good.

Nik Nichols 09-28-2010 06:31 AM

Ten rounds for time of:
135 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
15 push-ups

time 17:50
last time 13:59 and sumos.

ok first day back it gassed me big time. I ran out of gass at the 5th or 6th round. Hit like a wall. I know I'm still tired from the move, and I didn't eat near enough over the weekend. 2 meals a day then.

But it is good to be back at it. I know it is just diet and rest right now. SO I'm not worried about the 4 min. Still good to give myself a thrashing.

Nik Nichols 09-28-2010 06:37 AM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;848464]Welcome back buddy![/QUOTE]
Thanks man!
[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;848466]maybe a 'deload" or "rest week" is in order????? :) hope all is well soon for you, Nik!:highfive:[/QUOTE]
I'll be scaling alot of wqorkouts till I get everything set up. So it will be light, Not many extras, no equipment.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;848618]Yeah take care if you hit todays or yesterdays WOD. On the scapula pain you need to get a bit of massage in there, it worked for me after two days. Good to see you back Nik and that it was being busy keeping you away and not injury.[/QUOTE]
Man, I missed death by pullups?!? I only have rings for pullups for now. I may hit it on rings for fun.

My scapula muscle there is swolen, I though it was, Cathy could see it. i put on one of those heat patches and slept on it last noght. I rolled it resterday and will todat too till it gets better.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;848644]Glad to hear you're back buddy! Get back on track once you are all settled in. Maybe a day or two off to take care of that shoulder will do u some good.[/QUOTE]

Yea I'll watch it, but I miss the metcon. Ther really isnt anything like it.

Scott Jenkins 09-28-2010 07:00 AM

Good to see you back in training Nik and dont sweat over missed workouts, you will get 3 new ones over the next few days.

On the scapula get Cathy to massage it, if its the same as mine you will have some Nodules that have been knocked loose that need breaking up, foam rolling does not do it quite as well as some feeling for these areas, my scap was real bad for a week before I got the proper massage.

Nik Nichols 09-28-2010 07:28 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;848701]Good to see you back in training Nik and dont sweat over missed workouts, you will get 3 new ones over the next few days.

On the scapula get Cathy to massage it, if its the same as mine you will have some Nodules that have been knocked loose that need breaking up, foam rolling does not do it quite as well as some feeling for these areas, my scap was real bad for a week before I got the proper massage.[/QUOTE]

I will get Cathy to work it. Yea, it got pretty bad, even driving and holding on to t he stering wheel agrivated it. I'lll roll it on my base ball today too.

Ernie Guevara 09-28-2010 08:08 AM

So much for resting lol. Good job giving yourself a thrashing bud! No worries your metcon endurance will be back in no time once you get properly settled. :highfive:

Jesse Emers 09-28-2010 10:42 AM

Good to see you back nik. Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I know you don't want to hear it, but rest really is the best remedy. Just be careful with those shoulder heavy wods.

Nik Nichols 09-28-2010 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;848730]So much for resting lol. Good job giving yourself a thrashing bud! No worries your metcon endurance will be back in no time once you get properly settled. :highfive:[/QUOTE]
Not really worried about the workout, I just needed a fix more or less.
[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;848834]Good to see you back nik. Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I know you don't want to hear it, but rest really is the best remedy. Just be careful with those shoulder heavy wods.[/QUOTE]

I will be carefull. You are probably right about rest. Not to justify myself, but I just don't like the way I feel after a few days missing the workout, It doesn't take long to feel stiff and sore from it.

But I will be sure to be careful and scale if it is an exercize that will bother it. Sumos will hurt it, Alot of what I was doing this weekend as sump kind of lifting. I'd have to pull these heavy wite racks up and over my head, it got pretty bad for a wile there.

Nik Nichols 09-28-2010 01:24 PM

3:00 break
HSPUs I did two sets of 3 at 10:00 break I was interuped and had to stop,

This break I did 6,3,3,1

Jay Rhodes 09-28-2010 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;848730]So much for resting lol. Good job giving yourself a thrashing bud! No worries your metcon endurance will be back in no time once you get properly settled. :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Yep, that stuff comes and goes pretty quick. I don't think you've gone long enough to really lose much though.