CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Jesse Emers 01-07-2012 10:42 AM

Re: Nik

I've been out of date on everyone's log including yours Nik. Be very careful with the stone bruise. I had the same thing starting on October 2009 (pg 132 of my log) and I was very careful for over a month, subbing out high impact stuff like running and jumping. I STILL to this day get some issues with it, just minor pain but a reminder that its not completely healed. If you want to reference my log, I was able to keep training hard through it and subbed alot of single leg stuff. Mine was pretty bad, I thought I might have fractured it in the beginning.

Jesse Emers 01-07-2012 11:16 AM

I also forgot to add that buying the foot cushion inserts for your work/day shoes will really help the healing process if you are on your feet alot during the day. Using them during workouts is very helpful too as long as its not messing up form.

Nik Nichols 01-07-2012 10:00 PM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;1021080]I also forgot to add that buying the foot cushion inserts for your work/day shoes will really help the healing process if you are on your feet alot during the day. Using them during workouts is very helpful too as long as its not messing up form.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jessie I will look for the inserst and check you log back in Oct for tis. I have got to get past it and still train. It is'nt as bad as yours sounds but still hurting. Running the most. Seems. Except dropping out of rings on MUs. I have to land on the othwer foot. Box jumps are ok ish but iffy.

Nik Nichols 01-08-2012 03:00 PM

Yesterday was active rest. Cathy, Barry, Martin and I went to the park that has hills. Barry and I rode scate boards all the time we were ther, the hills werte a blast. Foot ok, I tried to not push off on that foot at all. Great fun.

Dustin Standel 01-08-2012 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1021297]Yesterday was active rest. Cathy, Barry, Martin and I went to the park that has hills. Barry and I rode scate boards all the time we were ther, the hills werte a blast. Foot ok, I tried to not push off on that foot at all. Great fun.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great way to re-charge the batteries!

Nik Nichols 01-08-2012 03:05 PM

"Diane"

21-15-9 reps of:
225 pound Deadlift
Handstand push-ups

time 5:58

last time 7:33
last time 12:17
last last time 11:14

Deads all unbroken.
HSPUs easy today. Hands were wide but well with in game standards.

First round 21reps HSPU unbroken
second round brain fart and STOPPED at 9 reps and took a bit to ''get ready'' got the other 6.

last 9 reps unbroken but slow and after 5 reps I took two or three breaths each wile in a handstand to gut out the last reps.

It felt great.

Cathy and Barry did a scaled version of 12,9,3 deads and pushups with like 95lbs or so, not time. Barry went on to max at 210lbs on deads. Great fun.

Nik Nichols 01-08-2012 03:06 PM

[QUOTE=Dustin Standel;1021301]Sounds like a great way to re-charge the batteries![/QUOTE]

It really was. Going down sttp hills on a skate board was scary bot a blast and it was good to have something in comon with my son.

Dustin Standel 01-08-2012 03:07 PM

Upping your food intake seems to be working well for you! Good.:pepper:

Scott Jenkins 01-08-2012 04:01 PM

:broc: Strong work Nik, those hspu's unbroken is so impressive , I broke but broke fast, going to throw you back a superman for the massive pr and an obvious massive breatthrough on a named girl :super:, thats for Martin too.

Nik Nichols 01-09-2012 07:41 AM

[QUOTE=Dustin Standel;1021306]Upping your food intake seems to be working well for you! Good.:pepper:[/QUOTE]
Thanks, something is working, I just have to keep it going.

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1021319]:broc: Strong work Nik, those hspu's unbroken is so impressive , I broke but broke fast, going to throw you back a superman for the massive pr and an obvious massive breatthrough on a named girl :super:, thats for Martin too.[/QUOTE]

Scott it just went. The deads were easy really, I expect all the squat work has helped it.

The HSPUs I honestly don't know. They were great. I am sure it is having fresh shoulders. Usually we have been killing then then I throw in extras on snatch or MUs and they seem always tired. Not yesterday, I hit them easy.

Like any other time I just started and hoped to beat last time which was 16HSPUs in a row, they just kept coming.

The set of 15 I was afraid of, and had the brain fart of stopping at 9 reps stood up and realized I was on the set of 15 got mad for stopping took a few seconds to prepare and finished them off.

Last round was hardest, The got slow and I really had to dig to get the last few with out coming off the wall.

I tell you though I am really feeling it for only 6 mins of work.

Oh and I wont be doing todays because of the box jumps and my foot. I will do something. just not box jumps. Not yet.