CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 01-18-2013 12:58 PM

Re: Nik

daily squat
135 lbs x1
185 lbs x1
235 lbs x1
285 lbs x1
335 lbs x1
355 lbs(161k) x1

all good, last rep better then the 335lbs rep.

weighted walking lunges in the back rack 6 reps, 3 reps out 3 back
bar x6
75lbs x6
95lbs x6
125lbs x6
145lbs(66k) x6 ( form and legs got rough here so I stopped )

for time
9 hang squat snatches with 115lbs(52k)
50 DUs
7 HSS
50 DUs
5 HSS
50 DUs
time 15:12

wrecked me. Metcons are not a good idea right now. first set of DUs were BAD! 4s and 5s kind of deal. But that is what it is, the bad was inbetween set, heart was pounding big time and I rested to calm it. I tried to take smaller set on the snatches to not stress as hard and it helped a bit but it was rough. Disapointed.

Jesse Emers 01-18-2013 01:31 PM

Nik, make sure you're eating a lot of good foods. Ease into the metcons!

Nik Nichols 01-18-2013 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;1126697]Nik, make sure you're eating a lot of good foods. Ease into the metcons![/QUOTE]

Yep, I am watching my dieet, but tested the metcon to see how it would go. Still going to add in a few short metcons, and see how they pan out.

Nik Nichols 01-18-2013 02:58 PM

3:00 ''taking it easy'' stretch

rolled my back 2:00min
shoulder stretch with arm in sling 2:00mins a side.

Milton Brisson 01-18-2013 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1126687]daily squat
135 lbs x1
185 lbs x1
235 lbs x1
285 lbs x1
335 lbs x1
355 lbs(161k) x1

all good, last rep better then the 335lbs rep.

weighted walking lunges in the back rack 6 reps, 3 reps out 3 back
bar x6
75lbs x6
95lbs x6
125lbs x6
145lbs(66k) x6 ( form and legs got rough here so I stopped )

for time
9 hang squat snatches with 115lbs(52k)
50 DUs
7 HSS
50 DUs
5 HSS
50 DUs
time 15:12

wrecked me. Metcons are not a good idea right now. first set of DUs were BAD! 4s and 5s kind of deal. But that is what it is, the bad was inbetween set, heart was pounding big time and I rested to calm it. I tried to take smaller set on the snatches to not stress as hard and it helped a bit but it was rough. Disapointed.[/QUOTE]

Good on you for going for it Nik! Dont be disappointed in yourself, you still put in the work!:highfive:

Patrick Haskell 01-19-2013 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1126734]Yep, I am watching my dieet, but tested the metcon to see how it would go. Still going to add in a few short metcons, and see how they pan out.[/QUOTE]

Metcons while they are bleeding you?! Yeesh. That sounds like self-abuse, but maybe it could be the new CrossFit fad, sort of analogous to the Fran in a fire mask. Donate a pint of blood and do Nancy and see who topples on the OHS first, or do Helen with 100 giant leaches hanging off you. Lousy training, but it might make for some good video. :D

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Silver"][I]Please pardon the lunatic who posted in your log. He lifted for the first time in a week and is clearly not himself.[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Scott Jenkins 01-19-2013 03:12 PM

If that's you taking it easy Nik then I no longer feel sorry for you, looks like a great session to me and you should not of expected anything more than finishing from the metcon right, you been hospital, as Patrick said giving blood.

Nik Nichols 01-19-2013 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;1127032]Metcons while they are bleeding you?! Yeesh. That sounds like self-abuse, but maybe it could be the new CrossFit fad, sort of analogous to the Fran in a fire mask. Donate a pint of blood and do Nancy and see who topples on the OHS first, or do Helen with 100 giant leaches hanging off you. Lousy training, but it might make for some good video. :D

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Silver"][I]Please pardon the lunatic who posted in your log. He lifted for the first time in a week and is clearly not himself.[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1127070]If that's you taking it easy Nik then I no longer feel sorry for you, looks like a great session to me and you should not of expected anything more than finishing from the metcon right, you been hospital, as Patrick said giving blood.[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly trying to cut back. The reg lifts felt fine so i though a small metcon was ok. I am not trying to be extreem, just trying to test it and do something. Seems the metcon is it. Im not that smart over all this and am going day by day.

My big fear is if I just stop for a month and everything is fine, then i have to start over.

I am not backing off the metcon pretty much all together and reworking my strenght work. I did not do my 5/3/1 deads or press this week. As for squat all though it is 355lbs(161k) it all totals out to 6 reps from 135 to 355lbs. That is not any heart pounding strain.

I went to Crossfit Rockwall today for some tech work on cleans and did about 5 to 10 singles of clean and jerk at 80k whickh is what 175 lbs ish? I was testing the water on the metcon and hit the wall. I will watch it now on.

My next metconish work is 3 reps back squat and 10 pushups for 6 rounds with not time component and breaks inbetween sets. Not more AMRAPs or for time. Thyat is where I get in trouble.

Thank you guys for riding me and keeping me from going crazy with it all. I am trying to find a balance. I have never been here befor and doing SOMETHING makes me feel normal.

Scott Jenkins 01-20-2013 07:11 AM

Sounds sensible to me, keep those metcons relaxed with a bit of weight, no time component or stresses to push on, just go when you feel you want to go. Like the sound of the back squat and push ups workout.

Nik Nichols 01-20-2013 07:26 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1127216]Sounds sensible to me, keep those metcons relaxed with a bit of weight, no time component or stresses to push on, just go when you feel you want to go. Like the sound of the back squat and push ups workout.[/QUOTE]

That is it!! I am not trying to be stuped about it. We all know how I am and how I train. It is just diffacult to change.

But yea, the plan is to lift and stop metcons to really really short (if at all) and wait for the doctor.

Also in my defence. I though after having to much blood and then draining it off I should be at ''human'' levels and feel not bad effect?! So I guess I am dumb about it. But I live and learn.

If I did not post it, one of my workouts will be 6 rounds, 3 reps squat at 75% max 10 ring push ups not timed and a break inbetwween sets. then finish with 100 situps.