CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 09-06-2012 11:47 AM

Re: Nik

Front Squat 5-5-5

115lbs x5
185lbs x5
205lbs(93k) x5

done quick to have time for the workout. all FS reps solid and easy allthoufgh it got breathy at the last few reps.

AMRAP in 15 minutes of:
8 Pullups
10 Box jumps
5 HSPU (scaling must be using an AbMat or doing 10 hand release Pressups as the rig will be in use for pullups

12 rounds 8 reps

all unbroken. box jumps hardest part. it was pogo off the floor stand at the top, so ''breaks'' were on the box. I was ok till arround rep 6 each round. I no repped myself 2or3 reps for not staying on the box.

HSPUs unbroken except I fell off the wall after rep 1 on second or third round and kicked back up. I did count to 5 befor the HSPUs to recover some breathing from the box jumps.

Matt Nicoll 09-06-2012 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1091747]Front Squat 5-5-5

115lbs x5
185lbs x5
205lbs(93k) x5

done quick to have time for the workout. all FS reps solid and easy allthoufgh it got breathy at the last few reps.

AMRAP in 15 minutes of:
8 Pullups
10 Box jumps
5 HSPU (scaling must be using an AbMat or doing 10 hand release Pressups as the rig will be in use for pullups

12 rounds 8 reps

all unbroken. box jumps hardest part. it was pogo off the floor stand at the top, so ''breaks'' were on the box. I was ok till arround rep 6 each round. I no repped myself 2or3 reps for not staying on the box.

HSPUs unbroken except I fell off the wall after rep 1 on second or third round and kicked back up. I did count to 5 befor the HSPUs to recover some breathing from the box jumps.[/QUOTE]

Great score on the Met Con Nik. Looks like you're getting back to full strength. Do you use butterfly technique on the pull ups ? Thats another area I need to improve as to increase speed of pullups and reduce fatigue from doing strict ones.

Nik Nichols 09-06-2012 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=Matt Nicoll;1091755]Great score on the Met Con Nik. Looks like you're getting back to full strength. Do you use butterfly technique on the pull ups ? Thats another area I need to improve as to increase speed of pullups and reduce fatigue from doing strict ones.[/QUOTE]

Thats it, BF kip. I have had them for years and pullups in small set like that are a break for me. It is all rythum on them. You have the strenght, it is getting the form down. Reall for me, I can't revery to a reg kip anymore. I have done BF so long. Which I think is kind of dumb on my part. But BF kip is so much easier and faster.

I figure that is where I got you today.

Matt Nicoll 09-06-2012 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1091759]Thats it, BF kip. I have had them for years and pullups in small set like that are a break for me. It is all rythum on them. You have the strenght, it is getting the form down. Reall for me, I can't revery to a reg kip anymore. I have done BF so long. Which I think is kind of dumb on my part. But BF kip is so much easier and faster.

I figure that is where I got you today.[/QUOTE]

I started practising them a week or so ago. Up until then I had a half assed semi kip mostly strict style..man that sucked, it was fast for a couple of rounds, but totally uneconomical and tiring on long wods with lots of pull ups.

First time I tried butterfly in a Wod it was after a 1000m run, came back in to the box, pulled hard on the first butterfly and face planted the bar!..Thought forget that and finished the wod Strict! haha...
Today I practised after all the other stuff and finally strung 10 /12 decent ones together before losing my timing. I'm definitely going to stick with it and it'll come i'm sure.

Nik Nichols 09-06-2012 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=Matt Nicoll;1091768]I started practising them a week or so ago. Up until then I had a half assed semi kip mostly strict style..man that sucked, it was fast for a couple of rounds, but totally uneconomical and tiring on long wods with lots of pull ups.

First time I tried butterfly in a Wod it was after a 1000m run, came back in to the box, pulled hard on the first butterfly and face planted the bar!..Thought forget that and finished the wod Strict! haha...
Today I practised after all the other stuff and finally strung 10 /12 decent ones together before losing my timing. I'm definitely going to stick with it and it'll come i'm sure.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA I once cleaned a bar into my adams apple!! Not good. I was sore for weeks!

Nik Nichols 09-06-2012 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=Matt Nicoll;1091768]I started practising them a week or so ago. Up until then I had a half assed semi kip mostly strict style..man that sucked, it was fast for a couple of rounds, but totally uneconomical and tiring on long wods with lots of pull ups.

Today I practised after all the other stuff and finally strung 10 /12 decent ones together before losing my timing. I'm definitely going to stick with it and it'll come i'm sure.[/QUOTE]

As for the pullups. It is timing as you know and you dont kneed a big kip. For less then C2B I try not to bent my knees and pull my feet back. I just kind of hold my legs still and work the hip, That takes alot less power and strings together easier.

Matt Nicoll 09-06-2012 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1091787]As for the pullups. It is timing as you know and you dont kneed a big kip. For less then C2B I try not to bent my knees and pull my feet back. I just kind of hold my legs still and work the hip, That takes alot less power and strings together easier.[/QUOTE]

Yeh I figured it's not a huge kip, i'm there or there about's with the timing, as it's gets more consistent with the rhythm i'll ease back on any excess leg.

Ha, and I know about the adams apple clean!

Nik Nichols 09-06-2012 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=Matt Nicoll;1091807]Yeh I figured it's not a huge kip, i'm there or there about's with the timing, as it's gets more consistent with the rhythm i'll ease back on any excess leg.

Ha, and I know about the adams apple clean![/QUOTE]

Oh and keep your shoulders tight at the bottom, dont drop (clank) into the bottom, keeping the shoulders tight keeps it smooth and easy.

Nik Nichols 09-07-2012 07:57 AM

A.M. warmup

10 HSPUs
30 GHDs with 10 lbs
30 back ext with the 10 lbs
10 HSPUs
30 abmatt situps with 25lbs over head
10 HSPUs
30 squats
30 C2B kipping pull ups 20/10 ( need to keep up on these)
30 pushups

kicking drills
rolled my back 2:00min
rolled piriformus 2:00min a side
rolled hip flexers 2:00 min a side

feeling good.

Nik Nichols 09-07-2012 09:04 AM

10:00 break
Daily squat

115lbs x3
185lbs x1