CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Laurie Smith 07-21-2010 02:06 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;814618]Seven rounds for time of:
175 pound Clean, 3 reps
4 handstand push-ups

time 12:01 Cleans killed me. They were slower then I wanted, but HSPU's were good. all unbroken.

My bar malfunctioned and came apart on one side. The ring that keep the weights from sliding in twards your hands came unscrewed in the middle of the workout and it took me a bit to get it together and every set I'd have to tighten it back on.

I still took longer then I wanted to set up and go though. But it got faster as I went on, I ket telling myself ''second pull, be fast under the bar'' worked well. Collar bone sore from rubbing. Oh missed two cleans.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I kept telling myself "JUMP"! Nice work. :kicking0:

Nik Nichols 07-21-2010 03:25 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;814724]Lol, I kept telling myself "JUMP"! Nice work. :kicking0:[/QUOTE]

it really helps doesn't it?!?!

Laurie Smith 07-21-2010 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;814763]it really helps doesn't it?!?![/QUOTE]

It did. I could tell when I was pulling with my arms early instead of jumping because the weight didn't want to go up (which is why I chose to go a bit heavy). When I jumped I felt it in my legs and that weight got up there. :eek:

Scott Jenkins 07-22-2010 03:20 AM

Real strong work on that metcon and unlike Ernie you got the rep scheme correct. YOu see Ernie done 7 cleans per round. Back squats looking good also mate , well done. Im getting impatient, I want to join in!!!

Ive started to dream of the stirry man!! :stir:

Ernie Guevara 07-22-2010 06:03 AM

Hey Nik, I tried emailing you the 5-3-1 strength program spreadsheet I have but the email I have for you seems to not be working. Pm me another email besides the yahoo one you sen me to see if it works. I sent the spreadsheet to Scott and he is gonna use it starting today lol

Nik Nichols 07-22-2010 06:39 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;814969]Real strong work on that metcon and unlike Ernie you got the rep scheme correct. YOu see Ernie done 7 cleans per round. Back squats looking good also mate , well done. Im getting impatient, I want to join in!!!

Ive started to dream of the stirry man!! :stir:[/QUOTE]
Thanks Scott, it was slower then I'd have liked, but still a good workout. I kind of got a ''froggy'' rind hspu, where I used my legs to pull myself up, but my legs didn't slide up after that. So I went with regular HSPU's. I have to work on the rings a bit and get them going. Yesterday was not the time to try to learn them I think.

When are you going to try to hit it again?
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;815026]Hey Nik, I tried emailing you the 5-3-1 strength program spreadsheet I have but the email I have for you seems to not be working. Pm me another email besides the yahoo one you sen me to see if it works. I sent the spreadsheet to Scott and he is gonna use it starting today lol[/QUOTE]

I sent you a message Ernie, I hope we get it sorted out and thanks for the help man.

Scott Jenkins 07-22-2010 06:53 AM

The froggy method sounds like the way most go for it, just happens naturally when you start struggling.

Reckon I will be back with main page metcons by the weekend as long as my forearms heal, been loading the omega 3's to stop them creaking.

Nik Nichols 07-22-2010 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;815057]The froggy method sounds like the way most go for it, just happens naturally when you start struggling.

Reckon I will be back with main page metcons by the weekend as long as my forearms heal, been loading the omega 3's to stop them creaking.[/QUOTE]

Good deal, that reminds me I need to take my vitimins.

You are rolling I'm guessing?

Scott Jenkins 07-22-2010 07:03 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;815065]Good deal, that reminds me I need to take my vitimins.

You are rolling I'm guessing?[/QUOTE]

You ever tried rolling your forearms :rofl:

Ernie Guevara 07-22-2010 07:11 AM

Ok nik I just sent you an email. I had your address wrong the first time. I didn't have the numbers at the end of it. Let me know if you get it.