CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Carla Tremblay 03-23-2009 07:23 AM

Re: Nik

Ugh, bronchitis? Sorry to hear that. Are you feeling better?

Are you going to make it to GSX for the qualifiers? Iíll be up there volunteering!

Nik Nichols 03-23-2009 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=Carla Tremblay;548227]Ugh, bronchitis? Sorry to hear that. Are you feeling better?

Are you going to make it to GSX for the qualifiers? Iíll be up there volunteering![/QUOTE]

Yea,l I feel ok, still coughing stuff up, but I feel good enought to workout, just no extras for now.

I'm trying to get to the qualifier. We will see what happens.

Scott Jenkins 03-23-2009 08:18 AM

You doing Karen today, I have to do 45lb thrusters as we have a low ceiling and plasterboard walls, put a whole in one first time I tried Wall Ball.

Nik Nichols 03-23-2009 08:23 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;548285]You doing Karen today, I have to do 45lb thrusters as we have a low ceiling and plasterboard walls, put a whole in one first time I tried Wall Ball.[/QUOTE]

HAHA, I havwe to jump off the ground to hit 10 feet!!!

Yea I'm in on Karen, you were right on the pick of the WOD, just a couple of days late.

Scott Jenkins 03-23-2009 09:18 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;548290]HAHA, I havwe to jump off the ground to hit 10 feet!!!

Yea I'm in on Karen, you were right on the pick of the WOD, just a couple of days late.[/QUOTE]

Its been a hard couple of cycles, I expected something small on either the first or last day of the cycle to give us extra rest. Unfortunately I have to train lightly towards the end of next week, which means this week is my official , self made hell week :evilsmile. Fancy some 10 rep max front squats this evening le petit pois.

Bring it on Nik, hitting it in 2.5 hours

Nik Nichols 03-23-2009 10:55 AM

"Karen"

For time:
150 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball

our ball is 16lbs

Time 12:22. I hate wall ball, I don't know why I have trouble with it, i don't know if it is timing or skill of lack of depth perception, but I have the worst trouble with it. Brady got it is 7min sonthing!1

Scott what weight were you going to front squat?

Scott Jenkins 03-23-2009 11:08 AM

As much as possible, my current 10RM is 80k so anything more than that will be good. I think getting a go on the one squat rack will be the biggest problem tonight.

Well done hitting that wall ball, attacking weaknesses is very important and also why I follow main page as self programming always means you do what your good at.

Nick Harris 03-23-2009 11:52 AM

Wall balls are very painful Nik, don't beat yourself up. I haven't had a chance to do it yet, I'll have my chance at fun tomorrow.

Have you guys heard if they announced the WOD's they are going to have during the games?

Nik Nichols 03-23-2009 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;548495]Wall balls are very painful Nik, don't beat yourself up. I haven't had a chance to do it yet, I'll have my chance at fun tomorrow.

Have you guys heard if they announced the WOD's they are going to have during the games?[/QUOTE]

Scott should hear Friday, i have no clue on here in the states.

Scott I may play with the front squats today too. 176 seems a bit high for me, we will see.

Nik Nichols 03-23-2009 01:14 PM

3:00 break.

3 sets 10 reps front squats
1. 85lbs
2. 135lbs
3. 155lbs

I wanted 165(body weight) but it wasn't happening.